Ascension Rules

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but: What are the official rules for the Ascension event? It isn't covered in HELP ASCENSION RULES, and since these things can change from year to year, well... it'd be better to know now instead of being caught by surprise tomorrow.

Comments

• All I know are what I've got from hearsay. As far as I can tell it's pretty similar to the Chaos event in the have-to-hold-item-until-you're-crazy ways. Can't leave astral as well. Shrines are disabled, chaos crown domoth effect is also disabled. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Mag darkchant that cuts insanity is also disabled.

Would definitely be nice to have confirmation from the admin on the above and other stuff that I didn't mention.

• No dirigible-ing the Staff. I think the Staff-holder is immune to most things, if not all, that move out of phase/off-ground, so you have to kill them to make them drop it. Pretty sure magic transport is fine for the Staffholder, unlike in Chaos, but that might have changed.

Lots of aggro mobs throughout the Ascension, plus lag from dealing with all of them and the fighting at the same time.
  • edited March 2013
    New ascension rule: No lag allowed. Pwease?

;;)
  • Yep. You also have to hold the Staff at a node - be away from a node too long and you'll lose it, if I recall correctly.

Aggressive "Kethuru bits" will spawn throughout the event, particularly more so based on population in a given sphere, I think.

People who are peaced via the Avenger system will be able to participate, as Avechna holds that punishment for misbehavior beneath the importance of the Final Trial.

First to 3600 points wins.

No fill in persons allowed.

I don't recall Darkchant Truth being disabled, but I could well be mistaken.

I feel like Circlets of Lucidity are not effective during the Final Trial.

Insanity is ramped up due to Kethuru's rousing.

You can't give the staff to denizens nor put it in containers, and can only be transferred by hand, if I do recall. No sending your pets or dirigibles or whatever with it to someone else. Any attempt to get around that will be harshly put down in a manner that will leave individuals crying for many Ascensions to come.

Crying about lag is like crying about spam, it just feeds me and I'll write 87-line messages about each of Kethuru's tentacles. And Zvoltz is still calculating how many there are, four months later.

You have been waaaaaarned!

I think we've covered everything. :x
  • Eventru said:
    No fill in persons allowed.

Aww, spoiling our two-year tradition :(

I don't recall Darkchant Truth being disabled, but I could well be mistaken.

I believe it was disabled last year, along with healing insanity via Healing as well as other insanity-related constructs/skills. This would be awesome to get confirmation on though!

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I'm 99% certain Darkchant Truth was disabled as of last year.
  • edited March 2013
    Healing Insanity and Darkchant Truth is indeed disabled during Chaos and Ascension trials. The circlet of Lucidity effect is also disabled (whether from a circlet or a medallion). So is Gaudiguch's Third Eye defence and the Major blessing of the Chaos Domoth.
  • Spam and lag are completely different things, E. I handle spam fine.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Why is being peaced disabled? It's not disabled during trials. Special Kelly rule is suspicious.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Eventru said:
    N
    o fillin persons allowed.
    Harsh, he deserves to play the game just as much as anyone else!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to hear about this very sudden No Peacing rule too, what brought it about?

It's not like you couldn't help but get status, you had to legitimately and purposefully do Bad Things to get it. So why is Ascension an exception?
  • Will nodes be drained before /undrainable during the ascension?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • If I recall, nodes/shrines are inactive during Ascension.

@ Shuyin: Waiting to summon the Avenger to hinder people during the event (or any event really) has always been fairly lame and abusive. Maybe Avechna's avatars should be automatically alerted and set upon bullies at the time of the offense instead of how it currently works.
  • From what I understood, it wasn't the summoning of Avechna that was stopped. It was the Peaced punishment (i.e. person A is annoying enough that the admins go "wtf?" and make it impossible for person A to fight) that was temporarily suspended during the Ascension. I'm not sure what's meant by "via the Avenger system" though, as I don't know of a way anyone can peace another person without it having to go through issues.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Iosai said:
    Healing Insanity and Darkchant Truth is indeed disabled during Chaos and Ascension trials. The circlet of Lucidity effect is also disabled (whether from a circlet or a medallion). So is Gaudiguch's Third Eye defence and the Major blessing of the Chaos Domoth.
    What about Paradigmatics Initiation, Paradigmatic Reality (instantly flinging the staff holder to a random spot on Astral and off their node?), skills like Bubble/Stoneflesh that remove someone from phase, and, yes I'll ask, Forcewall.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • "Special Kelly Rule"? I'm not entirely sure what it is you're trying to imply. Certainly, nobody would deliberately use the Avenger system to try to compete a seal bearer from trying to compete on the final competition after they won a seal, and it seems within the realm of fairness to ensure that everyone is capable of for their Champion of choice.

I note Vengeance has never been callable during any Trial, Final or otherwise, since the first Trial of the first Ascension.

I'm just reiterating what the general mechanics are, some of which are unknown simply because people have never tried to use them in such manners. Talk about being the king of useless information!
    Shouldn't have been a bully then to begin with. This was completely avoidable.

I would agree with the change proposed, but that's neither here nor there.

An analogy I use is this - If you're the star player of a team, but have failing grades which makes you ineligible to play in the Big Game, should you be given a free pass just because your Dad is head coach?
    From what I understand, the status is on a Mag, and it was mostly done through trickery. I don't know all the details, honestly, but Kelly doesn't tend to grief like most people do.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I also think your poorly chosen analogy and thinking that this rule was made especially for Kelly because of Eventru is lulzy. He's already said vengeance was always suspended for Ascension.
    The analogy is actually very apt if you think about it.

I just don't agree with exceptions. It wasn't even me who said anything about the special Kelly rule. It's not my first rodeo here.

I honestly didn't recall that it's always been like this since the very first one.
    An analogy I use is this - If you're the star player (Kelly) of a team (Celest), but have failing grades (avenger status) which makes you ineligible to play in the Big Game (Ascension), should you be given a free pass just because your Dad is head coach (Eventru)?

Lemme make sure I've done this correctly. You're saying that Kelly is having the rules changed for the Ascension because she's a Celestian and Eventru is changing them for her. Meanwhile, Eventru is explaining that the rule has been in place for -years-, but nobody's ever actually tried to sic Avechna on a Seal Bearer during the Ascension. Am I right so far?
    No, that's not it at all, I didn't even address or mention Eventru anywhere. To be honest, if you'll note the time stamps, Eventru posted 3 minutes before me, I was actually in the process of writing it up right when he posted so I didn't even get to read his reply after, hence why I said 'sorry, didn't know that has always been the case'

If anything, Avechna is head coach.

Let's not get too paranoid or aggressive here buddy, I don't think the admin are out to get me at all!
    Kelly's dad is Avechna?  :))
    Also, if we're going the the route of asking for things that forcibly move or prevent entry, can we disable pits, springs, squall, scissorkick, gust, barge, tackle, fearaura, seize, whirlwind, GP, all walls, whirlpool, beckon, yank, wisp, rad, and every other similar skill that removes you from a node? 

I'd like a complete list of everything that is and isn't allowed, thanks!
    No offense, man, but your analogy doesn't make any sense that way.

And as people said, do you really think Avechna would keep a Seal Bearer from participating and trying to keep Kethuru locked out simply because she killed someone?
    There's a bit of a difference between gusting someone a room away, and moving them to god knows where on Astral. If you want me to drop the Reality point, that's fine, but what about the others?
  • edited March 2013
    Eventru said:
    "Special Kelly Rule"? I'm not entirely sure what it is you're trying to imply. Certainly, nobody would deliberately use the Avenger system to try to compete a seal bearer from trying to compete on the final competition after they won a seal, and it seems within the realm of fairness to ensure that everyone is capable of for their Champion of choice.
    It is not like you cant TA while peaced, TA doesnt stop you from killing keth bits, nor from people killing you. It just stops you harming others.  She could be champion even peaced, so I find the logic that is to be "fair" to be wrong. It does not impede her at all.  When Celest has no seals we can expect this to be reconsidered though.

EDIT: /obligatory celestian bias comment at end
  • My, that's rude.
    edited March 2013
    Actually, that's a swell idea. We should keep Kelly peaced, but seeing as she can't fight, make her room peaced as well.

I'm also confused as to how Magnagaudidoring missed the memo that this isn't a new rule.
This discussion has been closed.