Advice

So i finally sold my shop and got some credits. From a combat perspective. Would it be better to trans beastmastery, get a collar and a beast, with some credits left over. Or get runes for my weapons, only have 5% wounders right now. Or invest in lessons. Combat related skills standing at:

trans: resilience, bonecrusher, athletics, combat, planar, discipline

Expert: environment and discernment

Fabled: lowmagic and resilience

pretty much everything else is inept.

Any advice is appreciated

Comments

• Fabled lowmagic and sacraments i mean, not resilience.
  • Barendur said:

So i finally sold my shop and got some credits. From a combat perspective. Would it be better to trans beastmastery, get a collar and a beast, with some credits left over. Or get runes for my weapons, only have 5% wounders right now. Or invest in lessons. Combat related skills standing at:

trans: resilience, bonecrusher, athletics, combat, planar, discipline

Expert: environment and discernment

Fabled: lowmagic and resilience

pretty much everything else is inept.

Any advice is appreciated

Not knowing the real answer, as I've never been a warrior, but I'd assume the runes would be the best way to go.
  • In that situation, I'd definitely get serpent and finish resilience off. If you're looking to get into combat seriously, you most definitely want everything transed. Get that done, then work up from there.
  • Get the advice of Kelly or Malicia before acting.

But from what I can see, it looks like you need to get Inquisition pronto.

• If your goal is pk leave beastmastery for last unless you are trying for a specific strategy or going cavalier. 

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Sacraments, then Lowmagic, then Resilience.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Essentially what Shuyin said. If you can, upgrade the wound runes after that.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I generally agree with the suggested priorities, except I would just note that you don't really need to learn lowmagic past Green given that you'd have access to Trueheal.

Beasts can be useful but are definitely not necessary. I personally don't even have a collar or custom pet yet. As far as combat artifacts, investing in your weapons is probably best, certainly before anything like a beast collar.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    The reason why I recommend transing Lowmagic is for the magic resistance (Magic skill was folded into low/highmagic a few years ago) when it comes to Sacraments users, not so much for Serpent.
  • I think the most useful beast ability overall is gust, might wanna get that at least (on a normal horse or such). Spit is nice for warriors but kind of expensive (high up in the skillset).