Character Secrets

TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
I've always thought that the things that really bring characters to life are the tiny little nuances, little flaws or habits, that make a person unique. The ones that you don't notice until they're pointed out, or may never see at all. And I'm massively nosy about other peoples' RP so I wanted another thread to froth about it. >.>

So, this thread is for those little things that most people don't know or see. They don't have to be big, character-defining secrets. Just little things about your character that will amuse or interest others to know. Also so you get to be narcissistic and chat about them. Like this:

Tacita has the most abominable fashion sense ever. She once designed a bright pink dress for herself covered in ribbons, lace and everything hideous. All of the clothes she wears now were picked out for her by Viynain, who has much more socially acceptable taste.

Comments

• Lerad walks around naked.

Partly due to my laziness at always getting my specially designed loincloth tailored for me, but yeah.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited March 2013
    This isn't really a habit or quirk, but something that I really like about Rancoura that most people wouldn't know:

Rancoura has shadowtats for the two beings of greatest spiritual importance in her life: a stylized seven-pointed star (Lord Nocht) and a triquetra (Mother Night). The triquetra is colored in shades of black and grey that shift of their own accord.

If I can think of any quirks that people might find interesting, I'll post it.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Actually, the tattoos bit is something I'd like to bring up as well! Eritheyl's first tattoo, on his neck, is 'a golden acorn sprouting emerald roots'. Though it offers absolutely no benefit, and he's long since left Hoaracle's Order, it's one of those things that will probably be there for the rest of time. There's an awkward sense of devotion there.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited March 2013
    Lerad said:
    Lerad walks around naked.

Partly due to my laziness at always getting my specially designed loincloth tailored for me, but yeah.

...Does he fight like that, too? (awkward...)

Before an earthly flight

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Sounds like he belongs in the tahtetso.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Daraius mostly got over his touch aversion (through meditation, introspection, and self realization, of course), but maintains his physical distance from people for purposes of decorum. 

*flee*
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • There was a statue of Acrune wearing nothing but a shirt in the middle of the Aqua GH for a long time. I wasn't aware I was pantsless at the time it was made, but no regrets. Its very liberating :D

Wish I could contribute more to the thread, but I can't think of anything else >_>
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lavinya had a strange infatuation with loboshiagru in her younger days. She's mostly quit the habit thanks to one or two lobos that irritate her!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Elanorwen had the most horrendous stutter back in the day. She's grown out of it ever since she made Hartstone GM... still, you get her frustrated to the point where she might end up in something resembling a murderous rage, you might hear her doing it again.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Celina had a thing for Tacita after she divorced Sidd and pondered offering her a marriage proposal. It was one of those "I hate her so much I kind of like it."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Celina said:
    Celina had a thing for Tacita after she divorced Sidd and pondered offering her a marriage proposal. It was one of those "I hate her so much I kind of like it."
    Awwwwwwwwwww.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eldanien was originally built with the intention of leaving Celest and going Seren.  In fact, I was so eager that I started him as Hartstone before deleting and recreating him, just so I could have a taste of his future.

Then Celest got the %&@$ beat out of them by Magnagora, and I couldn't bring myself to abandon ship.  Over time, I found I actually liked Celest and decided to keep him there.

• Maellio despises shoes, occasionally to the point of phobia. Every instance of him having to wear them has ended in him privately flailing about saying 'Get them off' over and over. So whether its a sweltering or freezing, he's barefoot.

As a bonus secret, almost every one of his bodies has three fingers and thumb, because as a Dracnari he surgically removed his pinkies.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

edited March 2013
    Rancoura's "best friend" when she was a young'un (a long, long time ago) was an Illithoid, but these days she harbours a tiny bit of repulsion for them (though her behaviour would never hint at this, with her decorum being one of her most important qualities). She also dislikes Furrikin.

That being said, members of either race are well capable of earning her high respects, and have done so in the past.

Before an earthly flight

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Tacita has only ever changed into her kephera form once, because she's scared of Xenthos killing her if he spots her in it.

;)
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Shuwin has a slot machine addiction, but he can quit any time. Easily.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Everiine is terrified that he'll forget something really important one day (again).

That, and he hates, hates, hates curios, and would rather have his feathers pulled out than have to hold or touch one.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • More trivia than secret [unless you count the fact that it was so long ago that no-one will remember], but in his youth Mael was very acrobatic and often mimed instead of speaking.

His favorite greeting was to jump up and handstand on people's heads and he would often do little prestidigitation or juggling acts. Mind he was doing this way before Bards. He still carries on the tradition by occasionally practicing slight-of-hand tricks.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Lillie is a boy!

His hair is silver because of a "moon penumbra" ritual that he did with @Aubrey and @Sylphas. Before that it was black, since I rewrote it following a penumbra ritual waaay back in his Shadowdancer days. But his original hair color was blond.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Kira is actually quite vain, though she would deny it if someone said it to her face.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lavinya is exceedingly vain, but that's no secret.

More secrets! Lavinya is actually a little freaked out by Illithoid and their inner worm. Not in an 'I hate your evil race' way but 'YOU ARE SO FREAKING GROSS DON'T TOUCH ME WITH THAT THING' kind of way.

• edited March 2013
    Oh, just thought of something. Svorai doesn't like carrion and hasn't ever. She'll say things in conversation like "Oh yes, freshly slaughtered blob is delicious" or "I'd rather warm blood to hot tea" in the most serious tone that people believe her. And they see her gobble up dead things like it was no one's business, so why not.

She loves Crow to pieces, but drawing attention to the fact that she eats dead things all the time brings out sarcasm-Svo -- so she doesn't have to think about it too much. Eating rotting meat is gross, but we are what we are.
  • A dangerous lunatic cannibal cult?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited March 2013
    Secrets...secrets...

Elexa dreams of being a princess?

Gods...I've really gotta flesh her out. ^_^

On a serious point though, she -really- has a crush on a certain trill. :3