These are a Few of Your Favorite Things...

With another Ascension come and soon gone, I just wanted to take a minute to reflect on my time here, and list a few of my favorite things about Lusternia, along with thanking the admin who work so hard to bring them to us!  So, without further ado, here are some of mine!

-Designing

I love designing.  I love being able to use items that I both wrote up and crafted.  I love that the admin and the reviewers take time out to ensure that designs are correct and up to standards, which not only helps keep the quality of the game up, but also helps improve my writing skills.

-Events

These events are so well thought out, and I feel that they keep becoming more in depth.  This past event with adding in a player's actions to manipulate the event was amazing, and I'm glad that they had found a way to do it without just saying "Oh, name change!"  More events with players being involved would be great!  Thank you to Estarra and all of the admin who work tirelessly for them!

-Ascension

Ascension is always an interesting time.  Tensions are high, and people become very high strung.  The mood in the game takes a swing, and much like real life, it can be stressful.  But in that, it shows that somebody (the admin) has worked so hard to make us CARE about this game.  We may get angry and touchy, but it's because they have made us have feelings connected to it, and I thank them for that!  Plus, talk about generosity, giving away thousands of what essentially is the way this game profits is beyond what I've ever received from any other game I've played.

-Player Influence

Tying in slightly with my events mention, the ability for players to influence the game through numerous methods: Ideas, Forums, Envoys, etc.  I'd like to thank the admin for hearing us out and helping to implement ideas that both the players and you all see as beneficial to the game.  Now, if only some of my favorite other games would listen to me this much...

So, please continue this.  Expand on mine, post your own, and let's share the love!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Personally (and perhaps entirely unsurprisingly) I love the crafting/trading system, where everything can be created with resources gotten from commshops. The economy would be able to keep functioning without having a single denizen selling stuff in-game (even though I realise that such denizens do have their place to ensure that there's always a place to get the most basic supplies). On the flip side of that though is that there tends to be a circulation of currency instead of a flow of currency; money comes into the system, but does not exit it. Hopefully that will be fixed though!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Pk. Fireballing you nublets in the face.
  • I love the people of the game, and I wish I wasn't such a nervous rper so I could interact with people I normally wouldn't get the chance to. 

Players, Gods, all of you. <3
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I love roleplay, and anyone willing to engage in it with me and just go with whatever happens.

I love when Morgfyre gives me shiny things. And Nadira, arrogant bitch priest is awesome.

I love designing things exactly how I would like them for my character.

• I love designing things. Coming up with exactly how items would look, submitting them and putting them in and then deciding on something different and submitting that and then making all of them happen.

I love the story. So much interconnecting stuff and world mechanics and characters and pathos... keeps me coming back for more. Even though the world is pretty much perpetually on the brink of oblivion.

I love having some detailed quests to find, work out, and get rewarded for. One for every single area, too. That's... just a lot of dedication and detail right there. I'm amazed sometimes.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited March 2013
    Svorai said:
    I love the people of the game, and I wish I wasn't such a nervous rper so I could interact with people I normally wouldn't get the chance to. 

Players, Gods, all of you. <3
    I love RP... and you need to interact with Elanorwen more socially... who knows, it might help. Still, RP-ing seems to be slowly dropping in Lusternia... not sure about other IREs, but I ran into some of it on Achaea when I dropped in to have a look recently. Some more Divine interaction would definitely help. Take a page out of Mysrai's book and poke at order members a bit more... even if your name is @Nocht or @Shikari.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Designing, divine interaction (even if I'm just a witness), and helping newbies, in that order.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    What I love about Lusternia is something that's universal to IRE games, I think - I love the fact that there are almost an infinite number of ways to approach it. You can be a designer or a combatant or a grinder or a roleplayer or a merchant or, basically, anything you want - and more importantly, any combination of those. And you can change which you like doing at any given time. I think that's what makes people stick around for so long. Get bored of being one thing? You can change, and the game becomes new and different without having to stop or even change character.

As such my favourite things change with my mood, but the things I will always always love are the gameworld/lore, any opportunity for RP (especially that developed over long periods of time that evolve characters), and the rush of childish glee I still get every single time any divine speaks to me, ever.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    edited March 2013
    Zvoltz and the trial he set for me to become his avatar. I hadn't seen or heard of mini-trials to become an avatar before, so while completely bewildering at the time and I was sure I was going to fail them, it was really nifty to get such a personal mini-event. I came so ridiculously close to saying 'Yes, let's sacrifice Him!' that I'm still wondering how things would have played out if I did. :D Every interaction with him has been super and leaves me with a cheesy grin on my face.

The detail, lore and work behind new areas. I don't think I'll forget the first time myself and Ixion got into past Climanti. Neither of us were expecting such a large area locked away, the story and lore behind it was awesome and even the little things like the city aether reflecting Climanti made me go 'wow.'

Hallifax. Too many to mention but highlights include stage fun, the RP and emoting whirlwind that was the Collectivist Ball ( @Morshoth and @Eritheyl really did an amazing job), witnessing the adorkable Zvoltz/Isune romance, anything to do with Volucer, playing chasing with Shedrin after I put together a scentgo tracker, and the days of Skyplume squad chatter and everything being new. Teasing @Zyphora over how bad she is at rhyming was also fun!
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Ushaara said:
    Zvoltz and the trial he set for me to become his avatar. I hadn't seen or heard of mini-trials to become an avatar before, so while completely bewildering at the time and I was sure I was going to fail them, it was really nifty to get such a personal mini-event. I came so ridiculously close to saying 'Yes, let's sacrifice Him!' that I'm still wondering how things would have played out if I did. :D Every interaction with him has been super and leaves me with a cheesy grin on my face.

The detail, lore and work behind new areas. I don't think I'll forget the first time myself and Ixion got into past Climanti. Neither of us were expecting such a large area locked away, the story and lore behind it was awesome and even the little things like the city aether reflecting Climanti made me go 'wow.'

Hallifax. Too many to mention but highlights include stage fun, the RP and emoting whirlwind that was the Collectivist Ball ( @Morshoth and @Eritheyl really did an amazing job), witnessing the adorkable Zvoltz/Isune romance, anything to do with Volucer, playing chasing with Shedrin after I put together a scentgo tracker, and the days of Skyplume squad chatter and everything being new. Teasing @Zyphora over how bad she is at rhyming was also fun!.
    Oh my gosh, they were slant rhymes. SLANT RHYMES.

• Players who take the time to make their own mini-events (it doesn't always take a God, but sometimes they join in which is awesome!) And more, people who recognize that it's an opportunity for RP and join in as well! Kudos to you sorts.

Divine RP. It has always been my number one favorite thing about IRE, and always will be. I love that Lusternia still allows the Divine to RP freely with the mortal world.

Designing (although I think it could use an overhaul in Lusternia since it's way more complicated than the other IRE games, and unnecessarily so). I love being able to personalize my character through the things they're wearing. And I love it when other people like the things I design as well!

Questing! Love it! It's fun to figure out and gives me a sense of accomplishment, especially if I figure one that that's had me stumped for a while  (provided it's not Kiakoda and broken, evil quest).

There's more, but that's a start.