Morbo is Raised as Hallifax's New VA

edited March 2013 in Event Scrolls
(Hallifax) Morbo says, "Citizens, please join us at the matrix."

(Hallifax) Maellio says, "Is my line, Steward."

(Hallifax) Morbo says, "Of course, Magistrate."

(Hallifax) Tulemrah says, "Everyone will want to be here, I promised."

Morbo Gordian says to Maellio, "May I speak a moment?"

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Morbo, "Generally, yes."

Morbo Gordian says, "I would like to take a moment to remind everyone what it means to serve the 
Collective, and there is no better example than the sacrifice made by Lord Elostian before the 
previous Ascension."

Arcs of coruscating energy undulate in ripples of icy white resplendency, coalescing into Zvoltz, 
the Architect.

Motes of gentle, clear light blink into life, gradually coalescing into the form of Isune.

Morbo Gordian says, "Lord Elostian was a combination of the essences of two elder gods, Elostian was 
not older than Hallifax, but indeed Elcyrion and Lacostian both predated the creation of the 
Collective by eons."

Isune, the Aesthete takes Zvoltz's hand lightly in Her own, wings unfurling in a majestic display of 
rippling light and colour as She turns to listen to Morbo.

Morbo Gordian says, "Yet, Lord Elostian decided that the Collective was worth the sacrifice of an 
Elder God to protect. We may not seem like it, but we are the answer to the chaos of the world."

Morbo Gordian says, "Lord Elostian did not sacrifice himself because of what the Collective is right 
now, but what we can become when we embrace the higher emotions, work towards Collectivism and 
assimilation, and we must remember that if we do not do everything in our power to live up to that 
vision, that possibility....that we disgrace the sacrifice that He made. That is all I wish to say, 
thank you."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Spoken, as ever, as a true 
Collectivist. And as a true Morbo, which is similar. Now then."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Adracunin, "Oberst, if you might 
arrange the guard?"

Oberst Adracunin, of the Sentinel Company says, "Sentinels, ceremonial guard around the Magistrate, 
and the Lord and Lady please. Keeper, next to the Lord of course."

Keeper Ushaara Gordian strides across the walkway to stand beside Zvoltz, turning and tapping his 
halberd on the ground in salute.

A thrum of power emanates from the gathered Sentinels, their halberds gleaming in the reflected 
light of the city.

Oberst Adracunin, of the Sentinel Company marches and stands at attention next to Lady Isune, 
halberd at the ready position.

Glancing about at those gathered, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "We are gathered here, in the wake of the Ascension and the resolving of our once imminent tri-decade 
doom, to raise our own Ascendant in the form of Morbo Gordian."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "And, in not wasting a good 
accidental metaphor, marry our Exemplar in spirit and binds to the Collective. As what greater binds 
be there between a Citizen and their City than the trust and duty to represent us and be imbued with 
our Power?"

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Morbo, "Exemplar, do you solemnly swear upon your honour as a Citizen and the Articles of this City to represent us as our Vernal 
Ascendant? To defend and uphold our virtues and ideals, to safekeep our City and Citizens, and to 
act decorously in your actions?"

Morbo Gordian says, "I do, Magistrate."

Turning to the crowd, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Citizens of 
Hallifax, do you accept Morbo Gordian as your Vernal Ascendant, vouchsafing your support of his 
imbuing with the energies of the Matrix? To serve and protect our City, Collective, and your 
persons?"

Archmage Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "Most certainly."

Vivet nods solemnly.

Ushaara nods solemnly.

Aeromage Entrias Gordian, Maintenance Engineer says, "It is acceptable."

Zyphora nods her head emphatically.

You say, "I do, Magistrate."

Zvoltz, the Architect inclines His head with a regal graciousness.

Drawing a ceremonial silver halberd out of a ceremonial silver frogge fluidly, Hinic brings it up 
haft-downwards before his face, saluting Morbo before slicing it back down through the air to a 
ready position.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Have any of you words, be they for 
Morbo or the assembled, speak now or hold your peace until next you think of them?"

Archmage Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "I would like to say a few words."

Isune, the Aesthete tightens Her grip on Zvoltz's hand and inclines Her own head in turn.

Archmage Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "I have know Morbo for many years, from his time 
as a young man first learning what it meant to be part of the Collective. I have seen him grow, 
physically, mentally, and spiritually. He has proven himself time and time again to be a model 
citizen and a vital component in our shared Collective."

Archmage Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "What is more, he is my very dear friend. I 
could not be proud to have him represent my beloved city to the rest of the world."

Archmage Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "More proud, that is."

Archmage Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says to Morbo, "Thank you, Morbo."

Oberst Adracunin, of the Sentinel Company taps his halberd against the floor, requesting permission 
to speak.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Oberst?"

Oberst Adracunin, of the Sentinel Company says, "Though I am an old Igasho, older by far than any 
other mortals here present, I have to say that I respect Morbo a great deal. Though he is strong in 
might and in power, he is, by far, young in many ways. I look forward to watching him grow as an 
Ascendant, defending and representing the Collective with his full abilities and his mind and spirit 
opened to the Design of Lord Zvoltz."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Any others?"

With a smile, Keeper Ushaara Gordian says, "From a somewhat inauspicious beginning, you grew to 
become my closest friend in Hallifax, and my familial partner. You have led us to victories in the 
past, you have inspired others to write and perform. I have no doubt that your will and 
determination as our vernal ascendant will lead Hallifax to become the beacon it truly is."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "If none else then?"

Zvoltz smiles softly.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Then by the power invested in me by the Board of Directiors and the Articles of Hallifax, I now pronounce you Vernal Ascendant and 
Collective. You may now hope this works."

Isune inclines Her head politely to Zvoltz.

Morbo steps towards the Matrix and places his hands on it, causing the mandalas within to suddenly 
turn and around and around, creating ever more complex fractals. Starting at his feet, lines of 
power rise up, wrapping around him and forming a brilliant helix. Face aglow with rapturous visions, 
Morbo suddenly stiffens as he is suffused by incredible powers and rises as a Vernal Ascendant!

A new Ascendant rises! By decree of Warlord Maellio and with full support of the Board of Directors, 
let it be known that the Grand Dominion of Hallifax has this day imbued Morbo with the energies of 
the Matrix, raising a Vernal Ascendant!

A round of polite clapping echoes out from the floating City of Hallifax as a beam of pure energy 
rises from the Matrix into the firmament.

With a soft smile, Isune, the Aesthete says to Morbo, "Congratulations, Morbo, Ascendant of Hallifax.
"

The Goddess breathes a spark of sunlit fire into being, an orb tinged with ruby and amethyst light. 
As it coalesces at her fingertips, the colours flicker over the Ascendant's features - evoking memories of battles long-past and hard-won, thousands upon thousands of sunrises and sunsets that the Beacon of Harmony has faced in all its splendour and glory.

As sudden breathtaking light floods the city, the new Ascendant of Hallifax rises, wreathed in a 
halo of the blazing aurora as the entirety of Hallifax glows with pillars of arcing, incandescent 
light.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Go with Our blessings, Morbo."
Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.

Comments

• I seem to remember a little more blessing spam... Hmmmmm.

Congrats Morbo!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::

Ciaran said:
    I seem to remember a little more blessing spam... Hmmmmm.

Congrats Morbo!

Ciaran, you're on my list, and it is not a good list on which to be. >:I

• edited March 2013
    Yay someone else edited it first we've a Vernal

Also glad there wasn't [or at least we didn't hit] a limit on how long we could wait after confirming and raising, else the end would have been much closer to the first time we raised a Vernal >.=.>

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!