Announce Post #3112: Livestream 01/16/20

Hello everyone,

Uilani and I are going to host our next Livestream on Saturday January 16th at 8pm GMT. It's mostly going to be a 'get to know Uilani' stream but we'll be announcing a few things as well as taking questions from all of you! So if you have a question you would like to ask, please feel free to either post on forums with this announce thread or message either Uilani or me if you'd rather ask in private. I don't know that we'll be able to answer any and all questions but we strive to be open and honest as much as we can.

We hope you all will be able to join us on the 16th.

Orael

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2021
    Families! It's been said before that the family system behind the curtain is a daunting and terrible thing, and so we shouldn't expect much, if anything, to ever change about it. But given the recent resurgence of flack when it comes to things like family honour, can we wish for this to get a good look over sometime in the far future?

Veneration! It's awesome conceptually, but sees little to no use given that order wars fell off the map years ago. Cults are also a very weird thing to consider when there's more and more orders popping up, but very few taking off population-wise due to folks hanging on to inactive gods, or the newer gods themselves also dipping. It feels like they're not worth working towards unless you're extremely lucky, and even then they might never flourish into what the design builds towards - is this something else that could be considered for a future project?

Builders! Is the mortal building program still intact? I haven't heard anything about it for...well, years upon years, though if this is something that is still ongoing and we can express interest in applying for, I'd love confirmation!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • To add to the player groups questions.

Guilds. There's not much of a reason to really join them or rank up?
    Obviously there's the lore, but if that alone isn't enough of a selling point then, given some stuff targets guilds (such as domoth blessings), it actually seems potentially more effective for an org to consolidate their population into one and then just make sure there is at least one active person in each of the others to maintain research and sit on the council.
    Could we see improving this as a project and potentially also generally considered in projects moving forward? (for example, can there be an interaction between guilds and the economy)

Seconding the great house system, these can be significant aspects of a character's identity so it'd be nice to see them looked at. 
  • Potentially divisive topic here, but can anything be shared about the plans for Ascension in 2021 yet?
  • Keep the questions coming!
  • Hi! 

This is to do with the Economy changes that are upcoming. Currently, we have shortage issues across the board with Orgs struggling to maintain the sporadic demand. Would it be possible, before the Economy changes come in that would likely overhaul our markets, that we could see some bandaids in place?

Some issues that pop up:
    • Crafting: Novices needing comms to craft their gear like plate or weapons
    • Politics: Creating new, temporary avenues for commodity generation since some villages can't be utilized by opposing orgs (big, I know, bordering overhaul)
    • Research: Possibly tweaking Research costs, since presently a number of guilds have lost levels and the costs are so high we are debating if we even should put forth the costs. (A solution proposed by Xenthos and others would be "turning off" the relic until upkeep is met without losing a level)

I know time tables can be really long, and I for one want it to be fantastic and do not want to rush it, but hoping tiny changes can be made to halt some of the troubles folks are facing. Thank. <3 

• Lorina said:
    Hi! 

This is to do with the Economy changes that are upcoming. Currently, we have shortage issues across the board with Orgs struggling to maintain the sporadic demand. Would it be possible, before the Economy changes come in that would likely overhaul our markets, that we could see some bandaids in place?

Some issues that pop up:
    • Crafting: Novices needing comms to craft their gear like plate or weapons
    • Politics: Creating new, temporary avenues for commodity generation since some villages can't be utilized by opposing orgs (big, I know, bordering overhaul)
    • Research: Possibly tweaking Research costs, since presently a number of guilds have lost levels and the costs are so high we are debating if we even should put forth the costs. (A solution proposed by Xenthos and others would be "turning off" the relic until upkeep is met without losing a level)

I know time tables can be really long, and I for one want it to be fantastic and do not want to rush it, but hoping tiny changes can be made to halt some of the troubles folks are facing. Thank. <3 
    Just to flag, something definitely needs to be done but also "bandaid" makes me really worried because quick fixes and bandaids are what lead to this situation.

I've been hitting the issue recently that a lot of artisan designs can require up to four times as many comms as they currently should require because of changing pattern requirements as a quick fix as another example.
  • Maybe also like...

Can we get some info on the economy stuff that's coming up?

As mentioned artisan stuff at least seems really messy right now between comm generation and requirements changes, some manse stuff looks like it's basically years of research upkeep for... really minimal personal benefit. I've had another of our newbies disappointed because they came into the game expecting to be able to turn a profit off trades and, beyond the barriers to entry, the profitability just isn't there.
    Commodity issues have been mentioned but, in the end, they're resulting from changes meant to address issues that are also still there if not worse now.
  • These are all great questions and we'll answer the best we can. The Livestream is tomorrow so make sure to get your questions in before then!