Influencing of Divine Mobs and One Problem

edited January 2021 in Common Grounds

Influencing of Divine Mobs and One Problem

This is absolutely a minor problem, but it bothered me for probably over a real life year, and that problem was

When Tonatiuh influences a moth, it is worth 1617, but when I, Shulamit, influence a moth, it is worth 1441.

It wasn't having a divine tattoo. We both have divine tattoos. Was it because my divine tattoo was covered? I influenced the moths naked. No change. They probably also didn't care about the nakedness.

“You don't have a divine mark!” I hear you cry. Lies! I have that. We both do.

“Maybe he chugs poteens?” No, and when he did drink a poteen and get the offerings bonus, it was worth even more (but it wears off before you can get all the moths, as there are 109 moths).

So we tried to figure it out and couldn't for a long time. Then moths steal Mysrai's ikons and so a few more people are influencing. Notably Gurashi and Ixchilgal join in much more often!

And Gurashi's influences are worth 1441, but Ixchilgal's are 1617. How? This surely doesn't make sense.

After goin over a few options like “artifacts” I give up for a bit, and then Tonatiuh, Beloved Tonatiuh goes “maybe being in a cult gives more essence”

Not using True Sermon in veneration, which we tried and all it does is make them worth more esteem, so honestly not very impressive.. Simply being in a cult could do it. So how to test, other than knowing Ixchilgal and Tonatiuh are in a cult and Gurashi and Shulamit are not?

Beg two more people to help for more datapoints! So I got Xisiro (not in a cult) and Alary (in a cult) to test and...Xisiro was worth 1441 and Alary 1617.

At this point, I'm at 95 percent certain just being in a cult gives a boost (in this case, around nine percent more) This is mentioned nowhere I can see, and bothered the shit out of me. I'll be at 100 percent on one of two things: Shulamit becomes a cult and her essence changes, or we somehow pressgang Xisiro into Ixchilgal's cult and test again.

What is this post for? I don't know, so you all see my Sciencing or something. I'm proud of myself, thank! I was also unsure where to post, so general seemed good.

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.