Anything, for the Glomdoring. [An Initiation]

edited March 2021 in Event Scrolls
You tell Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist, "**A respectful approaching of presence, undemanding and patient.** Pardon me, honored elder. If you have time and inclination, would you consider taking a moment to talk to me about being my third sponsor for joining Glomdoring?"

Xenthos tells you, "Ah. Who are your other sponsors?"

You tell Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist, "Auspice Esei and Haruspix Lillirallia."

Xenthos tells you, "Kreon and I are at the stage in the Glomdoring, if you wish to join us."

You tell Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist, "I will find my way there as quickly as possible. Thank you."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "We shall shortcut the hunt, I suppose, as entertaining as it promised to be."

Esei inclines his head politely to you.

Illyria gives Esei a small, warm smile.

Kreon chews on her lip, gazing thoughtfully at you.

With a flourish, Kreon slips an ivory klangaxe of winter's caress into the Belt of Klangratch.

A ragged tear in the aether collapses upon itself, the black fog left behind dissipating on the air.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to you, "So. Why?"

Ilistala, an enormous leopard leaves off bothering Esei to look inquisitively at you.

You have emoted: Illyria meets Xenthos's gaze levelly. "Because there are drums in my heart, and the Silent One is in my soul."

A poofy, seal point ragdoll kitten languidly lounges here, lazing contentedly as she does her best to resemble a fluffy rug.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "An interesting answer. Have you met Him? I understand that you have met His, at least. Esei was just beginning to tell me of your discussions when you reached out to me."

You have emoted: Illyria considers. "I have not seen His form. But I have heard His voice," she says quietly. "And felt the comforting shadows of His blessing. Each step I've taken since leaving the portal has been one leading me here."

Xenthos pauses for a time, letting the words drift away in the air. Silence reigns - save for the sounds of the Forest far above, distant yet ever-present.

Comfortable in the silence, Illyria waits.

Finally, Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Tell me what you know of the Glomdoring."

Esei clasps his hands behind his back, clearly listening in.

Illyria clasps her hands behind her back, considering the words of books and conversations, distilling them into brevity. "A forest rescued from the advance of the Taint with the Wyrd, by the Lady Viravain- who keeps it as her Garden, growing and culling plants and people alike into lovely, ruthless refinement. A place of harsh beauty, one that will spread. The home of Lord Nocht." The last is said with a quiet, fierce reverence.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "And have you by chance stumbled upon the phrase, "Nothing Matters but Glomdoring"?"

Illyria nods slowly, eyes locked on Xenthos.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Then surely you have some thoughts on what it means. Please, share."

Illyria takes a few moments to think once more. "Simply. If it gets in the way of the interest of Glomdoring, it must be culled away," she says quietly. "No matter what it is. Friends. Family. Hobbies. Aspects of self."

Kreon smiles softly.

Observationally, Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "It is easy to say. It is much harder to live."

In a low, soothing voice, Shadow Regent Kreon Zayah, the Blood Rose says, "A weed that pretends to be a flower will always be culled by Her gardeners."

Illyria nods, looking down. "I've cut much away already," she says quietly. "I've come this far. I've no intention of stopping now."

Xenthos turns his gaze upwards, letting the sounds of the Forest hold dominance once more for a time. "It further means that we as individuals are not important. We are servants of our home, forever. From the youngest sprout to the oldest, most rooted tree. We all share one purpose."

// dark purple // Your mind twists and warps, overcome with the memory of Elexia, her eyes tinged with tears. The vision shatters, and is replaced by Miakoda, smiling at you lovingly, the sweet aromas of the Serenwilde Forest tickling at your senses. "What of these memories, child? Do they come before the Glomdoring?"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to Kreon, "Have you any further questions of your own?"

You think to yourself: [The memories are held up, glittering glass ornaments- beautiful. Precious. In a sharp moment, she dashes them onto the earth, letting them shatter and dissipate.] "They are meaningless."

//dark purple// You feel the memories pressed and pulled by Someone, Their power all-encompassing as They turn the pages of your past. "Will you light the first fire, if it is the Glomdoring's will?" The arboretum, the waterfall, the Ethereal Serenwilde -- all flashing before your mind's eye.

In a low, soothing voice, Shadow Regent Kreon Zayah, the Blood Rose says to you, "What will your story be my dear, a fly or a spider."

You think to yourself: [The foliage of the Serenwilde, beautiful and lush... so much more beautiful with the touch of the Wyrd. An alternate image. A small hand, holding a tinderbox.] "In a heartbeat."

Illyria meets Kreon's eyes, something dark settling into them. "I am no fly," she says softly.

//dark purple// The shadows come next, their peaceful sea of fathomless black, Mother Night's eternal cloak, stretching before you. "Will you kill her if the Glomdoring asks? Will you destroy Lord Nocht's child?"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist smiles and says, "Indeed. Many think that. It shall be your actions that prove it."

You think to yourself: [Here, a faltering. A dark, painful contemplation.] If He asked. I would do anything for Him.

Kreon stands before you, a hungering gaze in her eyes. "I do hope you are right, the Blood Rose will take their toll, " Kreon says. "Do not disappoint."

Illyria nods once, switching her gaze to Xenthos. "Then let me prove it," she says. Respectful, always. But convicted.

//dark purple// The sea of night parts, revealing Lord Nocht, His face hidden by His cloak. "Will you kill Him, if the Glomdoring asked you to? Would you drive the knife into His heart that ends His eternity?"

Lillirallia enters from the up, emanating an aura of immense power.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to Esei, "Would you care to administer the Oath?"

Ilistala, an enormous leopard urges Esei onwards.

Esei nods solemnly.

You think to yourself: [A swelling of emotion, rebellious and awed, blended together in a riotous maelstrom.] "I could never hurt You," comes the fierce whisper. "Even if it meant outcasting."

Tilting Her head, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says to you, "I see."

Esei moves towards you, so they might stand directly in front of you. "Repeat after me."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Greetings, my Lady."

Illyria stands straighter, face pale and set and determined, locking eyes determinedly with Esei.

Kreon kneels before Viravain, swearing her allegiance to Her.

Kreon stands up and stretches her arms out wide.

Esei gives Viravain a respectful bow, one hand clasped over his heart.

"Does not the Glomdoring come before all, Illyria? Is that not what you just said?" Viravain asks, Her eyes flickering with shadowfire.

Lillirallia tells you, "Very careful words should be chosen. You're not in trouble, I promise She is only trying to make sure you understand the Beauty of Her Creation."

Reacting to Viravain's presence Yukina, the white furred kitsune maneuvers behind her mistress, tails scrunched close to her body.

Illyria turns away from Esei and drops to her knees. "The Lord Nocht is the reason I have come to understand the majesty of Your garden," she murmurs fiercely. "He is my driving force. The reason I do what I do. I cannot lie to You, nor would I disrespect You by trying. I could not hurt Him," she repeats.

Viravain remains motionless for several heartbeats, only the shadows that cling to Her twisting and writhing. Finally, She asks, "My Forest, if the Wyrd required your sacrifice, anything at all, would you give it?"

In a husky, honeyed cadence, Wyrden Auspice Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk whispers, "Always."

In a low, soothing voice, Shadow Regent Kreon Zayah, the Blood Rose says, "Without question or doubt."

Xenthos responds without hesitation, his head tilting to emphasize the lack of an eye upon his face. "Yes." That one word only, but full of conviction.

The heady scent of roses and congealing blood resonates from Xenthos, carried on a light wind.

Lillirallia nods quietly, not interrupting.

Viravain turns to face Xenthos and, barely above a whisper, She asks, "Spirit Warden, devout of My Shikari, if the Glomdoring asked you to kill My Brother for it to grow, would you do so?"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Nothing matters but the Glomdoring, my Lady. The Pack serves Him, and You, and the Glomdoring. We do what must be done, for the Glomdoring."

Satisfied, Viravain turns to Kreon and Lillirallia. "Spiders of My Web, if only My death could help the Wyrd --" Her eyes flicker again with shadowfire. "-- a note in My forest's history already, where My blood nourished its roots -- would you do it?"

You think to yourself: [A leaf of innocence, falling from a tree. Shriveling, burning as it touches the ground. So few left on those bare, bare branches.].

Gently, Lillirallia Ebonrose, Inquisitor of Wyrden Purity says, "The loss of the Wyrd's Mother would be painful for us to endure, but if it is for the good of Your Creation we must tend to the Garden as You instruct."

With a bit of hesitation Kreon ponders the words. A sense of determination crosses her face before answering Viravain, "Without a doubt my Mistress, everything for the Glomdoring."

Viravain allows the weight of Her gaze to fall then upon Esei. "And you, servant of My Nocht, dearest of My Cousins. Would you end the Father of Mother Night if it would help the Glomdoring to grow?"

With a slightly furrowed brow, Wyrden Auspice Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk says, "...yes."

Rising slowly higher into the air, the Goddess turns slowly to face you. She smiles, a slow twitching of the corners of Her lips. "When you say that nothing matters but My Glomdoring," Viravain whispers, Her voice a hollow wind through leafless branches. "Then I expect you to mean it, child. Now I ask again --" Her scythe slips easily from one hand to the other. "Will you kill Nocht to save the forest? Or will He be your eternal weakness?"

You have emoted: A silent mask settles over Illyria's face as she watches each person answer in turn- one that grows heavier with every answer. Finally, she looks into the shadowfire of Viravain's eyes. With a voice of one more suited to someone who has just amputated a leg without medicine, she whispers, ".. yes. I would." To her shame, tears spring unbidden to her eyes, wiped angrily away with the back of her hand. The youth lifts her chin and says with determined steadiness, "Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

With a gentle coo, Lillirallia Ebonrose, Inquisitor of Wyrden Purity whispers, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Glory be to the Glomdoring."

In a low, soothing voice, Shadow Regent Kreon Zayah, the Blood Rose says, "Glory be to the Glomdoring."

In a husky, honeyed cadence, Wyrden Auspice Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk murmurs, "Glory be to the Glomdoring."

Viravain drifts slowly toward you, the scythe in Her hands becoming an afterthought. "Tears," She whispers. Near enough to touch them, the Goddess brushes Her hand against your cheek and then, Her eyes now a piercing blue, She continues, "Never believe them to be a weakness, child. It is not weak to show emotion -- it is weaker to allow it to control you." The forest stills as She speaks, silence following each syllable. "Now you understand what My people mean when they say that nothing else matters, for truly, if this world is to be made whole again, only the Wyrd can survive." She smiles then, a true warmth. She withdraws Her hand and then states, flatly, "Continue with the oath."

Ilistala, an enormous leopard turns her attention to Esei once more.

Esei inhales slowly, and steps forward once more. "Repeat after me," they echo their earlier words. "To the Wyrd, I vow my loyalty, to its children, my service. The forest is my hearth and the commune, my home."

With a faint trembling to her chin, Illyria's eyes follow Viravain, flushed faintly with awe now. When Her hand is removed, she blinks and inhales, turning to face Esei, still on her knees. "To the Wyrd, I vow my loyalty, to its children, my service. The forest is my hearth and the commune, my home," she says, voice clear and firm.

His voice low and calm, Wyrden Auspice Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk says to you, "I shall defend it with every part of me. For ever I am able, I shall know this as my duty."

The forest remains silent, listening, as if every leaf on every branch were holding its breath by the will of the Lady of the Thorns.

The slight shake steadies, and a spark, a glitter of budding conviction enters Illyria's eyes. "I shall defend it with every part of me. For ever I am able, I shall know this as my duty," she repeats firmly.

Esei rubs their left thumb against their index finger, and the Fingerblade, then continues. "These things I swear before Mighty Crow and Mother Night, by the Wyrden Idols and the Voice of Mahalla - may I be cast out in Their names if I am ever found false," they exhale slowly, eyes focused on your face. "I am one of many, and we many are all one. Nothing matters but Glomdoring."

As if their very heart has become audible, the pulsing beat of the Drums of the Dead thrums through Xenthos's form.

The spark becomes an ember, one that flares as each word is taken and pressed into a young, eager soul. Illyria's shoulders roll back, face setting and voice steady as a rock as she repeats, "These things I swear before Mighty Crow and Mother Night, by the Wyrden Idols and the Voice of Mahalla - may I be cast out in Their names if I am ever found false. I am one of many, and we many are all one." Her eyes leave Esei, turning to look at Viravain. "Nothing matters but Glomdoring." To Her, a promise delivered. A lesson learned.

In a husky, honeyed cadence, Wyrden Auspice Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk whispers, "Glory be to the Glomdoring."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Glory be to the Glomdoring."

With a gentle coo, Lillirallia Ebonrose, Inquisitor of Wyrden Purity whispers, "Nothing matters but Glomdoring."

In a low, soothing voice, Shadow Regent Kreon Zayah, the Blood Rose says, "Glory be to the Glomdoring."

Viravain nods once, Her expression unreadable. At once, Her figure scatters, shadows of spiders vanishing into the surrounding gloom of the forest. At Her departure, the song of the Wyrd resumes across the woods, and the trees begin their easy swaying once more.

Tilting their head forward, Wyrden Auspice Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk says to you, "Welcome home, young Illyria."

In a low, soothing voice, Shadow Regent Kreon Zayah, the Blood Rose says, "Welcome home."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Xenthos @Esei @Kreon @Vivarain @Nocht @Lillirallia <--- and huge thanks and loves to all