Saying Farewell

Holding Naeleo's urn on his left hand, you ask Nymaane, "I am not familiar with the Magnagoran way of honouring the dead, but before your mother died, she requests us to spread her ashes on the highest peak in the basin. Would you like to come with me?"

Nymaane nods their head emphatically.

Tilting your head, you listen closely to the winds, allowing them to whisper the name of before the Portal of Fate.

The winds surge and howl about you in a whirling gale, consuming you abruptly within the eye of a storm.

Nymaane follows your ether.

Before the Portal of Fate.

*does a bit of walking*

You ask, "How much do you know your mother?"

In a soft, sunny voice, Initiate Kalas Nymaane, of the Dark Faith says, "Not very well. She wasn't really awake when I was."

*more walking*

The Stairs of Justice. 

Slowly ascending the peak, you say, "She said the same thing as well, she was frustrated she would miss some of her kids whenever she's awake and would like to know you more."

You smile softly.

A look of understanding crossing their features, Nymaane nods their head slowly.

The Stairs of Dreams. 

Reminiscing, you say, "When we talked about your future, she said she would be very happy if you could move to Magnagora and follow her, in the ways of the Ninjakari."

Nymaane tilts their head curiously at you.

You have emoted: Lysandus chuckles softly, "She just missed her daughter moving back home and witnessing her fight."

Nymaane smiles softly.

*more walking*

The Path of Dreams.

Pressing on, ascending the peak slowly, you say, "Were you at any point angry at her, or me?"

Nymaane shakes their head.

You have emoted: Lysandus says, "What we're going to do, I believe, is not very Magnagoran like. If they knew what we'll do to the body, they may protest and find a way to force her to serve the Engine again, as a soulless wight." he softly smiled, "I'm glad I burned her body, to make sure she won't suffer again and be abused." he turns to you slowly, "Do you think of it odd?"

You say, "And I too was from Celest, but I have been living in Magnagora for centuries, most of it asleep though."

*walking*

The Stairs of Death. (road).

You ask, "We're almost there, do you have anything to say before we spread her ashes?"

A frown tugging at their lips, Initiate Kalas Nymaane, of the Dark Faith says, "I don't feel like I know her well enough to say anything."

*walking*

The Stairs of Sacrifice. (road).

You ask, "I see, at least some parting words? Words you wish you could say to her now as if she was here before she departs from us?"

In a soft, sunny voice, Initiate Kalas Nymaane, of the Dark Faith says, "I... I can try."

*walking*

At the summit of Avechna's Peak.

You have emoted: Lysandus finally reaches his destination and looks around, seeing the entire Basin of Life. Slowly, he opens the urn and reaches inside to pull a handful of ash from it. "Go, get some." he offered the urn to you, "Once you're ready, we can both free her ashes here, just as she wished."

Nymaane exhales, their fingers daintily slipping around a handful of ash from the urn held out before glancing up at you when they pull back.

You have emoted: Lysandus slowly releases the ashes, letting the wind scatter them across the basin. The ashes softly sparkle gold in the night before fading away into nothingness. "You were my joy and happiness during our time together, though we sometimes fight, I still love you in the end. I am sorry for not listening to you back then. You brought me back from the brink of death years ago and in turn, I brought you to death when I insisted on travelling beyond the confines of this Basin." he frowns, "I should have listened to you, and I miss you dearly Naeleo. May you ever find peace, wherever you are now." he then turns to you and waits for your turn.

Looking much smaller atop the summit, Nymaane exhales again, her mouth opening than closing when no words come out. "I... I wish I got to know you more throughout the years. I know our waking schedules differed greatly, but... I wish we could have had more memories than just fighting in timequakes or the occasionally hello and goodbye before either of us slept. I regret not waking up more often when you were here," They finish, their palm opening as the night-time breeze quickly scatters the ashes throughout the air.

You have emoted: Lysandus then empties the urn and looks in silence as the golden flecks disappear in the air. He sighed and places an arm over your shoulder. He would cry if he could, but being undead deny him that. After a moment, he breaks the silence saying "It's done, let's go home, dear. The Engine calls and we must answer."