A number of reports in the past reporting cycle or two have been aimed at Celestialism/Sacraments in an attempt to bring new capabilities and or increase the strength of the Celestine Class. A number of these reports have been rejected due to Celetines being on the star map for a rework.
Below is the current plan for the Celestine Rework. It is important to highlight that this is currently only a plan, and everything listed on this page is subject to change.
* Absolve will be removed and Celestines will no longer focus on mana drains for their kills. The new route for a Celestine will be focused on Inquisition.
* A new affliction will be added called HolyFire. HolyFire will be a levelled affliction that functions similar to TimeWarp/TemporaryInsanity. Certain abilities will increase this affliction, and smoking steam will remove HolyFire levels. If a player has both Holyfire and TimeWarp, smoking steam will cure both at the same time. At this point in time, there is not going to be a passive effect from HolyFire, however it is a possibility that it will be added based on balance checks later in the project. If a passive effect is added, it will either be a small % ego drain based on the level of the affliction, or a small %ego healing malus.
* HolyFire is given to a player by marking them a Heretic. When Heretic/Infidel/Inquisition ends, all HolyFire will be removed.
* Heretic and Infidel timers will be extended to allow time to build HolyFire. Passively, Heretic and Infidel tics will apply a small amount of HolyFire. In addition to this, the power cost of the Inquisition chain will be lowered to 8 and the chain will no longer be tied to one specific Celestine/Paladin.
* Powersink is going to be moved to an Ego drain from a Mana drain.
* Inquisition will no longer strip defenses or cause a massive stun. The stun would be reduced to ~4 seconds. When Inquisition ends, the target will take % Current Ego Damage based on the level of their HolyFire. If their ego is less than 25% at the end of Inquisition, or they have maximum HolyFire, they will be slain.
The ratio of HolyFire to % Current Ego damage is below:
* 0 HolyFire: 10%
* 15-25 HolyFire: 25%
* 26-35 HolyFire: 40%
* 36-50 HolyFire: 55%
* 51-70 HolyFire: 70%
* 75 HolyFire: 100%
* A new skill will be added to replace Absolve. This will function similarly to DrawDown/NightKiss and grant the Celestine both the Halo and Wings defenses. This new ability will not replace the original skills, it will simply allow them to cast both simultaneously. It will also allow them to use the following new abilities:
* STARCALL RETRIBUTION - A 0p attack that will do fire/divinus damage and a small amount of HolyFire (less than 5 HolyFire).
* STARCALL HOLYSTRIKE - A 0p attack similar to STARCALL RETRIBUTION, styled to use a weapon and damage type based on which Supernal the Celestine has their deep pledge with (less than 5 HolyFire).
* STARCALL HOLYSTRIKE EMPOWERED - A 3p attack that would do increased HolyFire and apply 1-2 afflictions from the chosen Deep Pledge pool (less than 10 Holyfire).
* STARCALL CELESTIALRAY - A 6p attack that will apply a large amount of HolyFire, 1-2 afflictions from the chosen Deep Pledge pool, and one other random affliction based on the Deep Pledge Supernal.
The damage typing for HOLYSTRIKE would be:
* Methrenton - Fire
* Shakiniel - Cold
* Japhiel - Magical
* Raziela - Psychic
* Elohora - Electical
The afflictions for CELESTIALRAY would be:
* Methrenton - Physical Affliction (excluding mutilated limbs)
* Shakiniel - Internal Afflictions
* Japhiel - Mental Afflictions
* Raziela - Any random affliction^
* Elohora - Spiritual afflictions^
^ These would not afflict with class/timed afflictions such as GreyWhispers, BadLuck, TimeEchoes, Oracle, BendAura etc.
Other sources of HolyFire would be:
* Angel hits would deal a random small amount of HolyFire (1-4).
* Damage from Hallowed Ground would deal a random small amount of HolyFire (1-4).
* Paladins whose weapons are blessed with RighteousArms that attack a target afflicted with HolyFire will apply a small amount of HolyFire (1-4) or double that for two handed weapons.
* Symbols blessed with RighteousArms willl also add a small amount of HolyFire (1-4) with SYMBOL STRIKE.
It is possible that we will also look into changing some of the angel investable afflictions to line up with this. We are also looking at removing HolyLight as a resource, and in place of abilities requiring a HolyLight cost, it will either be power or there will be no cost (ability dependent).
As a summation, we are trying to create something new and fun to play, while also creating synergy with other classes in Celest. Once again, none of these numbers, abilities or changes are set in stone and are subject to change based on feedback.