The Ascension of Sulwh

It was a humbling experience to have 33 people at the flame at one point. And as always, as is the tradition, whenever Gaudiguch has an event, everything happens. During the last two elections, timequakes popped in the middle of the debates. This time, wildnodes AND a timequake happened.
Huge credit to Tonatiuh for putting his part together in the last hour before the ascension after his computer ate his previous notes up. Thank you everyone for being present at Sulwh's ascension. I am just happy Rekath was able to see it before he retired. I will miss his snide comments so I left most of them in.

Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold says, "Thanks everyone for attending! We've gathered here today to celebrate and acknowledge the tireless efforts of Caliph Sulwh."

With a trilling chirp, Couturier Silvanos Lunarose, the Ruffian says, "Fire bathing of Sulwh!"

Between gentle, lulling growls, Crimebear Bear Minister Brawrur Lunarose, of the Psychedelic Paw says, "Ooooh."

Between gentle, lulling growls, Crimebear Bear Minister Brawrur Lunarose, of the Psychedelic Paw says, "I'll get started."

Brawrur pats a golden pyrocannon in a friendly manner.

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "No the Nil you wont."

With a trilling chirp, Couturier Silvanos Lunarose, the Ruffian says to Brawrur, "Wrong fire!"

Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold says, "A few speeches first. Our other Ascendant Dys couldn't be here but she shares a few words as follows."

Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold says to you, "A Vernal is chosen to represent Gaudiguch and should seek to embody its virtues."

Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold says, "To Live with passion, seek after knowledge, protect our lives and strive for enlightenment."

Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold says to you, "May you use your power for the good of the city and its people. Be a beacon and burn bright!"

Tonatiuh's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

With a trilling chirp, Couturier Silvanos Lunarose, the Ruffian says, "But don't burn yourself out!"

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says to Tonatiuh, "That it?"

Tonatiuh thwaps Rekath on the head.

You have emoted: Sulwh gives a small nod of acknowledgment.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Kailanna's lips.

Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold says to Rekath, "Do you have anything to say?"

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "I do, actually."

Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold says, "By all means then."

You see the following people here:
Nepenthe, Afrit, Kihr, Uzriel, Vyell, Xiran, Ilisa, Eritheyl, Rekath, Freja, Tyrus, Tonatiuh, Zagreus, Sapphira, Lorina, Silvanos, Brawrur, Liefenn, Kailanna, Chundae, Galaphyrae, Sulwh.

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says to you, "With this, you've finally cemented your ascension over me in a very tangible way. I guided you, and I aided you to the best of my abilities, and I'm happy to say you're like the only project of mine that actually paid off as grandly as this. Congrats on the self-immolation."

Vyell snickers softly to herself.

Silvanos utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

A wry smile spreads across Xiran's face.

You smile and say to Rekath, "I have ever more stories to hear from you."

The rumble of distant thunder heralds Kosuke, the cloud-bound Long as he flies in and loops himself around you several times like a draconic cocoon, handing you a kaleidoscopic cake of origami birds within before he flies off.

Revelrous Afrit Dahyu, Lazula of the Sands looks thoughtful and says, "Hmmh, surprisingly sweet."

Afrit gives Rekath a thumbs up.

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "You get this one. This One time."

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "Don't get used to it."

Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says, "I would share a few words, if all are attentive."

Silvanos nods their head emphatically.

Kihr tilts his head and listens intently to Eritheyl.

Rekath glances askance at Eritheyl.

Chundae beams broadly at Eritheyl.

Liefenn tilts her head and listens intently.

You tilt your head and listen intently to Eritheyl.

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says to Eritheyl, "Don't know how you're gonna top my sentimentality."

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "Best of luck."

Eritheyl clears his throat.

Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says, "When the quintessence of Freedom is held under scrutiny, the wise understand that there are in fact a good many Freedoms worth considering. For those of Gaudiguch, it is our sacred charge to uphold and exalt all these and more."

Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident recites, "There is the Freedom of Love that allows us to lead and guide with our hearts in the stead of our blades; the Freedom of Will that guarantees we each may shape our own destiny, and blaze our own trail; the Freedom of Expression that renders our mindful word and art unassailable."

Liefenn smiles softly.

Rekath ponders Eritheyl thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

Raising a crooked claw, Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says, "Yet all too often these
personal Freedoms are held as paragon, and we forget what it is to exalt another, almost contrarian sort: the Freedom of Service."

Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says, "You might wonder how it is that we find Freedom in duty and in servitude. Is it not through binding service that we become lesser, like the drones of Hallifax or the cultists of the Glomdoring? Do we blindly pursue victory and loss alike as pawns on a chessboard?"

Eritheyl shakes his head.

Resolutely, Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says, "To strive for Service is to challenge these conventions in a way that only Gaudiguch dares. It is to be made freer from the yearnings of the Self, to delay its pleasures in order to secure the Freedom of another, the Freedom of all others."

Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says, "It is not to disavow one's own ambitions, but rather to see them perfectly aligned with the goals of the many. It is a flame that not all are drawn to, for it burns scarcely and low, that others might shine at their brightest."

Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says, "From even his time as a bright-eyed nobody milling about our streets, the one who stands before us now - as Caliph, as People's Steward, as the Council's chosen examplar of Freedom - has worked to fan all such flames within Gaudiguch, ever in pursuit of what their potential might manifest."

Gaze softening, Chundae smiles fondly.

Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says, "And so before the Eternal Flame that burns as the heart of this city, the beacon that those the world over recognize as a symbol of our devotion to Freedom, to elevation of the Self, we judge his vow."

Showing that you understand, you nod your head slowly towards the Eternal Flame.

Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says to you, "Is it your Will to embody this Freedom of Service, to serve and to struggle that those beside you may prosper?"

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "Eri you sure you're a follower of Crumkane."

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "Something something short and
sweet."

Rekath wrinkles his nose and sniffs.

Silvanos snickers softly to themself.

Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says to you, "And is it your Will to exalt the Freedoms of those you are thus bound to, giving all to ensure Gaudiguch stands ever in triumph?"

Liefenn listens to you with bright, proud eyes.

Speaking in a soft tone, you say to Eritheyl, "My Will..."

You have emoted: Continuing in a louder tone, Sulwh says, "My will is to give all of me, to embolden this glorious city and her allies."

Eritheyl smiles softly.

Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says, "So be it. If his promises ring false, may the Flame take him and leave only ash."

Kihr's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Liefenn giggles happily.

Eritheyl nods his head affirmatively at Tonatiuh.

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "Hey, I already signed off on this. I'm not bringing the gravitas."

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says to you, "Hop in. Try not to suck up too much in there."

Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold says to you, "I believe you had a few words too."

You say to Tonatiuh, "Before I hop in, I have a few words, yes."

Ilisa cants his head as a sparkle of golden dust scintillates an ashen cheek as he listens.

You have emoted: Sulwh inclines his head briefly. Closing his eyes, he takes a deep breath before slowly letting it out. As he opens his eyes, he steps forward to address those gathered. Scales shimmering with hues of crimson, he says in a clear voice that carries, "My dear friends." Looking over at the representatives from Serenwilde and Magnagora, he smiles, eyes dancing in delight. "My dear allies." He coughs softly and clears his throat before continuing. "We are at a critical point in Gaudiguch's history. Our story, like that of a volcano, goes through cycles of inflamed passion and quiet contemplation. The names and faces of those who have once brought the City of Freedom great glory are now but ashes in the flames of history."

You have emoted: Turning around to face the Eternal Flame, Sulwh pauses, tilting his head as he takes in the conflagration. He lifts his head towards the sky where the Guardian Drachou roosts. "Ever vigilant. Ever ready." He turns back around and continues in a quieter voice, "Our city has only ever been as good as the citizens that call her home."

Eritheyl nods solemnly to you.

Rekath leans over towards Tonatiuh and whispers something.

You have emoted: With a faint, contemplative smile, Sulwh says, "We have done great things within the last ten years. Our cartels are full of intricate designs. The Gullagumbah Gallery hosts two more prestige winners. Our very own Librarian was acclaimed for her most recent scholarly work. We are the cultural center of the basin." Narrowing his eyes, he cautions, "Attaining success once is easy though. It is consistency that is the challenge."

You have emoted: Allowing the weight of each word to hang in the air, Sulwh proclaims, "Love. Love is the law. Love under Will." His eyes seem to fade to black as he proudly states the One Law. "It resounds in everything we do." A trail of smoke emanates from his nostrils as he flickers out a forked tongue. "Let us look to ourselves and each other. Let us work together as one, each playing their own important part, doing what they can. We are strong individually yes, but together, even the weakest torches meld together into a roaring inferno."

You have emoted: Sulwh glances over at Tonatiuh and nods before turning his attention to Liefenn. "Beloved Liefenn. Beloved Liefenn. My student and my pride. Even before you fell into the embrace of the Most Beloved, you first fell in love with our city. And though you and the city have had its differences, I will never forget how we first met: you in the corner of Beloch's bar, and me..." Here, he giggles, ruining the formal tone of his speech, before he recovers. Grinning, he continues, "... trying to help but ultimately making everything worse."

Holding her hands up to smother a giggle, Liefenn nods, her eyes shining.

Tonatiuh's pale twinned pupils flare with reflected brightness as he listens.

The corners of Vyell's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

You have emoted: Sulwh's scales take on shades of amber as he looks affectionately at Liefenn. "A promise made is a promise kept. I once told you that I would gift you my violin upon completion of your own magnificent song...and you have splendidly outdone my expectations." Holding out his violin, he looks fondly down at it. "From my time out of the Portal of Fate, through the trials and tribulations of my learning to fight for Freedom. From my hands and now to yours..."

You bid an elegant sapphire violin of the ever-shifting cosmos a grateful farewell as you play a diminishing scale at an ever-slowing pace, causing the instrument to gradually lose a faint glow that only becomes perceptible because of its progressive disappearance, until the light finally goes out, leaving the final note to ring with a hollow echo.

You have emoted: Sulwh's violin makes a strangled last noise as the last discordant sound fades to nothing.

Liefenn steps forward, solemnity warring with pride and affection as she regards you.

Smiling faintly, you give an elegant sapphire violin of the ever-shifting cosmos to Liefenn Myeras.

Tonatiuh smiles softly.

You say to Liefenn, "Love under Will. Love."

You hug Liefenn compassionately.

Liefenn takes an elegant sapphire violin of the ever-shifting cosmos into her hands, lifting it to her chin and playing a long, sweet note. "You deserve this, Sulwh. You love this city and its people." She steps back, smiling widely and proudly.

Liefenn Myeras says, "And we love you back."

You have emoted: Sulwh looks back out at the crowd and raises a fist in the air. "We are one. Gaudiguch. Ironhart Conflagration. We will ever let the flames of our passion drive us to greater heights."

You say, "And may we never forget that."

You nod your head at Tonatiuh.

Kihr's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Eyes shining, Chundae beams with pride.

Silvanos hums a happy tune.

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "I'm indifferent. I'm getting oxygen toxicity from being outside of my tomb for so long."

Standing before Sulwh, Tonatiuh snaps slender fingertips together and a bright, effervecent flame burning bright orange with a white hot heart appears from within a cloud of cinder-filled incense. "We look to you now for the guidence of Life."

Tonatiuh walks clockwise around you and at your left shoulder, snaps fingertips once more to manifest a second flame to roil like boiling water in mid-air. "The clarity of Knowledge."

Tonatiuh moves with the soft jangle of golden bangles to step behind you and snaps slender fingertips briskly. "The zeal of Passion," he states as a raging whirlwind of a flame flares at your back.

Tonatiuh continues circling to your right shoulder, a last snap of fingers sees a fourth flame burst into existance, shedding crimson cinders like wayward fireflies. "And the inspiration of Enlightenment."

Gesturing towards the Eternal Flame now as it flares with strokes of every hue beneath the sun, Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold says, "As our Eternal Flame burns ever brighter, ever fiercer, surrounded on all sides by the Flame of Knowledge, the Flame of Life, the Flame of Passion, and the Flame of Enlightenment."

Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold says to you, "So do we all in Gaudiguch surround you now, Sulwh."

Flashing a proud smile, Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold says to you, "May your Ascension be long and full of fervor!"

Between gentle, lulling growls, Crimebear Bear Minister Brawrur Lunarose, of the Psychedelic Paw says, "Yeah, get 'im from all sides, Gaudiguch style."

Tonatiuh opens the powers of the Eternal Flame to you.
You step towards the Eternal Flame and place your hands on it, which suddenly flares with an incandescent multi-coloured light, bathing everything around you in brilliant scintillating colours.
Out of the Eternal Flame, thousands of swarming multi-hued butterflies swarm and and swirl around you. You feel your own reality waver and shift, as your mortal form reshapes itself into something new and powerful. With a cry of ecstasy, you are suffused by incredible powers and rise as a Vernal Ascendant!
A new Ascendant rises! By decree of Sultan Tonatiuh and with full support of the Freedom Council, let it be known that the Grand Dominion of Gaudiguch has this day imbued Sulwh with the energies of the Eternal Flame, raising a Vernal Ascendant!

Silvanos throws their hands into the air and gives a loud, "WOO!"

Brawrur cheers wildly!

Vyell gives you a wild cheer!

You cheer wildly!

Uzriel gives you a wild cheer!

Brawrur flails about helplessly.

Lorina gives you a wild cheer!

Liefenn gives you a wild cheer!

Silvanos claps their wings together merrily.

Tonatiuh sets flame to a tiny wick set amongst the rocketry within a gargantuan, serpentine dragon effigy and steps back. The soft glow of the burning cord quickly morphs into a mass of flames within the belly of the wicker dragon and a loud roar fills the air. <-- bright red!

A pillar of fire suddenly shoots from the mouth of the beast, trailing ribbons of crimson and gold light that continue skyward even as the inferno begins to dull. <-- yellow!

Twin trails of brightly burning light rocket towards the sky above the city, embers left in their wake which morph into butterflies of shifting hues that drift towards the sands below. <-- pink!

A flash of light precedes a loud 'POP' which rings out from over the city of Gaudiguch. Smoke fills the sky, a miasma of heady fumes, out of which snakes a dragon of crimson and gold sparks which dances over the skyline. <-- red!

The creature circles the city, its body rhythmically winding as a steady beating pounds through the air. Settling over the Eternal Flame, its dance complete, the beast curls into a ball as the colours begin to dim, leaving the sky darkened once more as drunken cries ring through the air. <-- yellow!

With a trilling chirp, Couturier Silvanos Lunarose, the Ruffian says, "AMAZING. I WANT ONE."

"Oooooooooh!" Liefenn says, eyes wide with wonder.

Eritheyl's eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Rekath twitches spasmodically.

Tonatiuh urges Eritheyl onwards.

Nepenthe cheers wildly!

Afrit claps his hands together merrily.

Chundae gives a short gasp of elation.

Xiran sinks behind Tyrus, although she looks on with interest.

Kihr cheers wildly!

Chundae claps her hands together merrily.

Afrit claps his hands together merrily.

Khaya gives you a wild cheer!

Voice muffled by his mask, Necrochemist Uzriel d'Vanecu, the Demagogue of Dissonance says, "Congratulations!"

Ilisa claps his hands together as he offers a genuine smile.

Tyrus applauds you heartily.

You match Freja's smirk as you casually bump your fist against her knuckles.

Liefenn gives you a wild cheer!

You shout, "May the glory of Gaudiguch shine ever brighter."

You see Crimebear Bear Minister Brawrur Lunarose, of the Psychedelic Paw shout, "FOR FREEDOM, SULWH!"

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "Finally."

With a trilling chirp, Couturier Silvanos Lunarose, the Ruffian says, "Oh my, so many butterflies."

Revelrous Afrit Dahyu, Lazula of the Sands smiles impishly and says, "Well, I liked Tonatiuh's finishing flourish, up until Rekath opened his mouth."

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says to Afrit, "That's specifically why I'm here."

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "If I wasn't here we'd be Celest but hotter."

Nepenthe Dahyu says to Afrit, "It's his role on the council."

Kailanna offers soft applause. "Congratulations."

You see Liefenn Myeras shout, "HURRAY, SULWH!"

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Sapphira's lips.

Lady Grey Sapphira d'Vanecu, Ensanguined Aesthete says, "Congratulations."

Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, the Dissident says to Chundae, "You may begin pursuing the Sultan for his two million power debt."

You say, "Thank you all. Friends and allies."

Chundae giggles happily at Eritheyl.

Caressing your ear, the voice of Tikki whispers, "Congratulations friend!"

You caress the thoughts of Tikki as you whisper, "Thank you very much."

Chundae Lunarose smiles impishly and says to Eritheyl, "Understood, I'll get a letter sent as soon as the party dies down."

Eritheyl's eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Ashnezharr tells you, "My congratulations. If Freja's words about you ring true, Gaudiguch has chosen wisely."

You caress the thoughts of Initiate Ashnezharr d'Murani, of the Dark Faith as you whisper, "Thank you for the kind words."

Lisuarte's melodic voice sings into your mind, "Congratulations, an even brighter flame shines within you now."

The soft voice of Xiran tickles your ear, "Congratulations, Ascendant of the Eternal Flame."

Between gentle, lulling growls, Crimebear Bear Minister Brawrur Lunarose, of the Psychedelic Paw says, "I thought I was about to die."

Between gentle, lulling growls, Crimebear Bear Minister Brawrur Lunarose, of the Psychedelic Paw says, "These butterflies are getting too-."

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says to you, "You didn't slurp up too much nexus juice did you."

You say to Rekath, "I probably didn't slurp up enough..."

Caressing your ear, the voice of Freja whispers, "Okay, too many people. My skin is itchy. Love you!"

You caress the thoughts of Carrion Eater Freja Ysav'rai as you whisper, "Thank you for being there!"

(Freedom Council): Eritheyl says, "If there's nothing further needed, I will excuse myself from the noise."

(Freedom Council): Tonatiuh says, "Thank you for your speech, Eritheyl."

(Freedom Council): Eritheyl says, "Ever in service, something something."

Rekath pets Eritheyl ingratiatingly.

Veldrin tells you, "Congratulations, you bear among the greatest burdens a ctizen can take on and be entrusted with."

You hug Veldrin compassionately.

Veldrin twitches spasmodically.

You say to Veldrin, "Thank you for the kind words."

With a trilling chirp, Couturier Silvanos Lunarose, the Ruffian says, "I love the butterflies. Shulamit has them appear. But not the same way."

Before the Eternal Flame.
Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. The great Pyramid opens to a wide
platform that extends outwards many feet, creating an expansive view over the entire city of
Gaudiguch. Wide blocks of sandstone have been neatly joined, the cracks between them partially
filled until little more than slight indentations remain. The passage leads about ten feet out, a
wide path roughly six feet wide and with high walls on either side to act as guards from walking
over the edge. A bulbous circular section forms at the end of the passage with a diameter nearing
fifteen metres that also bears a three-foot wall around its circumference, the centre of which has
been removed so that the Eternal Flame can float half below and half above the level of the floor.
Its great effulgence casts an unobstructed white incandescence, flickering with prismatic hues, upon
the entire shelf and pierces through the thick smoke and soot that hangs heavily here, combusting
continuously in sudden spurts and creating writhing tongues of fire that dance in the air to form
the Nexus. Thin, cursive script has been inked neatly on the stones nearest to the flame, written
neatly in the tongue of the dracnari. To the south, the great structures of the city are clearly
visible: the many pulsating emerald irises that form domes in the distance, the dense houses with
minute alleyways between their boundaries, and the ruined remnants of three once grand pyramids. A
bean bag rocking chair sits here, wooden rockers in danger of being swallowed whole by the rest of
the squishy chair. A cheerfully plump wakabi rocking chair sits here, stuffed beak forced into a
happy grin. A low, wine-red velvet couch stands here, its elegant frame fitted with plush, pillowy
cushions. Hanging overhead in a charming row, cherry-blossom lanterns sway gently. A dragon-winged
rocking chair sits here, wings unfurled in a display of grandeur. Stretched tautly, a white hammock
swings with the breeze. A handful of pale ashes lies on the ground, slowly blowing away in the wind.
Lost in a haze of drug-induced visions, Mesadari Rhiero lingers in close proximity to the Eternal
Flame. The Eternal Flame burns here, a towering inferno of white flame that flashes with a chaotic
spray of colour. There are 2 great brindle mastiffs here. Deserted here, a scroll bears the sigil of
an all-seeing eye that stares into space. An orb of blazing aether shifts and turns continuously as
it hovers above a plain granite pedestal. Ornate carvings lining the edges of this massive
construction, a sandstone banquet table stands here. There are 8 Red Hands of the Illuminati here.
There are 8 jade-armoured Wyvern Riders here. A painting of Showdown at the Golden Pavilion is
proudly exhibited on a nearby wall. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. An
illuminated scroll rolls loose in the dust. Glowing gently with a soft blue light, a delicate
dreamcatcher has been permanently hung here. Crouched low on its legs, a gargantuan, serpentine
dragon effigy rests here, bristling with fireworks and coated with sticky tar. A black phoenix
perches here, his fiery plumage illuminating the area with black fire. A fluffy husky puppy sniffs
anything that isn't moving here. With a graceful countenance, a graceful swan graced with velvety
wings of blush-pink glides through the air here. Growl the sleepy dream bear ponders here, the mists
of the Dreaming coiling about his great form. Valashi, the Inner Sea serpent slithers here, her
behemoth aquamarine form undulating like the tides. Rakkan, the Crowned Jackal sits here, watching
disdainfully. A stunning fiend stands here, playing with her hair. Limned with holy fire, a radiant
archangel hovers here, wings outstretched. Khaya is here. He wields a steel claymore with both
hands. Playing a spirited song on a wooden pan flute, an alluring sileni frolics here. Glistening
with a sanguine beauty, a she'nasim nereid casts a disdainful glare on her surroundings. He is
surrounded by a deflection bubble. Ilisa d'Vangoff stands here amidst a cloud of deathly cold mist.
Revelrous Afrit Dahyu, Lazula of the Sands is here, an ambrosial aura of hunger and indulgence
radiating in waves about him. He wields a fiery basalt staff in his left hand. A tremendous emerald
and onyx hydra with wings of coruscating black flame looms here, five heads snapping viciously. Lips
curved in a cruel smile, a sadistic artist spattered in paint and blood muses here, contemplating
her next macabre masterpiece. Xiran Stormcrow, Scribe of the Woodbine is here. She wields an athame
dagger in her right hand. Nepenthe Dahyu is here. A lithe, ebon-veiled dancer wreathed in black
stars poses gracefully here. Veldrin D'Cente is here, shrouded. She wields a twisted staff in her
left hand and a midnight black tear stained violin in her right hand. A radiant stag stands here
with pride and poise, silver antlers rising in branching fractals. Brawrur is here, flailing about
helplessly. He wields a golden pyrocannon in his right hand. Silvanos is here, sobbing quietly. They
wield a kite shield in their left hand and an athame dagger in their right hand. The regal form of a
Lady of Moonlight stands here, gleaming streamers of white fabric surrounding the graceful figure.
Fair Galaphyrae with a Nymph face stands here, a sheen of moonlit energy radiating from her. She
wields a kukri dagger of dancing leaves in her left hand and an athame dagger in her right hand.
Madam Lorina, Matron of the Arts stands here, a pair of ephemeral, resplendent swan wings shimmering
like a mirage behind her. She wields a delicate crystal staff in her left hand. Rekath is here,
pondering thoughtfully. A mischievous, disgustingly cute urchin twirls here. Kailanna is here,
smiling faintly. She wields the Choir of Anguish in her left hand and a disciplinarian's long-
handled flaying whip in her right hand.
You see exits leading north, east, and west.

Ilisa d'Vangoff smiles and says to you, "Congratulations."

With a melodic lilt, Caliph Rekath Ryseni of the Sand-sea says, "I miss my string bean. I was so sure the next ascendant would be Olyphar."

You say, "It's been a while since we've had such a lively crowd at the Flame."

You smile and say, "It...it was nice."

Revelrous Afrit Dahyu, Lazula of the Sands says to you, "And we're all here for you."

Afrit waggles his eyebrows comically.

(Veiled): Tonatiuh says, "Beloved Sulwh."

(Veiled): You say, "Yes."

(Veiled): Tonatiuh says, "Sulwh it is the Will of the Most Beloved, and my Will as Their Sacrosanct, that the beginning of your service to the Free City as an Ascendant be also the beginning of your service within the order proper."

Sultan Tonatiuh al-Saaoud, Oracle Thousandfold graciously grants you entrance into the the Divine Order of Mysrai, the Scarlet Courtesan. Congratulations, and may you serve your God well.

(Veiled): You say, "I hear and I understand."