The Wilde's ritual to calm Sea's Storm

After some discussions in the Wilde, it was decided to perform a ritual to draw on the water fae, shamanic powers, and the wilde to try to protect the forest from the storms. After some prep work, we gathered at Moon lake and here's what happened. 

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/5r3EEpNA

Some late night work and a bit of "aah coordination" as we were starting up, but it was pretty fun as it started playing out, and seeing people play with the idea of floating in the water was neat. The setting was also pretty cool because it opened up those options to play with in the ritual that we wouldn't normally have on solid ground heh.

Comments

• Oh also, the part at the end where Saran thinks, all the players were encouraged to think about the goal of the ritual and what it might look like to them. So if people would like to share I might see if I can also edit that into the log.
  • I thought very late. But Saran, Xiran, and Tyrus lingered at Isotta's and there were some Ideas Mentioned. Yeah, I'm really delighted. <3 Thank you admins.

(( forecast check ))
    Saran delicately sprinkles some sulfur around the ceremonial fire, chanting a few choice words under his breath to sanctify the area.
    Xiran thinks to herself: ** The drumming beat of the rain upon the lake whites out their surroundings, leaving all focus upon Fae and fellow Commune. **

---

A water nymph swims in a slow circle about all of you gathered here, laughing and flipping in the water. Waves ripple across Moon Lake from her motions, redolent with magic that flows from her long green tresses outwards.
    Xiran thinks to herself: ** A wash of surprise at magicks familiar and strange. How many times has essence been delivered down the Falls? And yet, to be touched by its pure source. **

---

Through every tree and bush in the Serenwilde forest, shimmering motes rise, wisps and fae, ghostly outlines of spirits long passed.
    Xiran thinks to herself: Oh!
    Xiran thinks to herself: ** in fervent whisper ** Seralem. Seralem!

---

Isotta of the White Hands lifts her voice in song, spreading her arms.
    You think to yourself: Fae, forest, family. ** The oneness of their colours under weeping sky, protected by Lady Maylea's grace. ** Grant Sea Spirit peace. Let these waters cease.

---

Grimmia glances wryly at Tyrus and hides a grin behind their hand.
    Sondayga goes under for a moment before righting himself.
    Xiran thinks to herself: ** The rush of adrenaline still lingers in her veins. Oh, to have been a naiad diving through the rush of pure waters to city gates! Such fun! Such daring! Joy and admiration bubbles through her limbs though the ritual circle has parted. **
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST