Calfuray Did Nothing Wrong (not clickbait!)

For context: Lawrence was contemplating an earlier discussion over the Celest aethers and noticed the subject of the debate was idle in a relatively quiet area of Magnagora, so he went to visit.

You speedwalk east to Chamber of Dissonance.
You have reached your destination.

You ponder the situation.

Calfuray blinks.

You say, "How is your move treating you?"

Calfuray says, "Magnagora are actually treating me nicely."

Calfuray says, "Compared to... Pretty much everyone else."

You say, "You're still causing heated debate in the city."

You say, "Soterasiel spoke kindly in your defense, if it means anything to you."

Calfuray smiles softly.

Calfuray says, "He is a good person.."

You say, "He is."

Calfuray says, "I do hope it won't make those others come after him.."

Calfuray says, "Pettiness is so strong there..."

The elegant chords of chamber music reach your ears from nearby, the rich notes each stately and crisp.

You say, "I remember I spoke a little harshly against you at the time of your outcasting. I'd like to apologize. The heat of battle clouded my mind and I should have been more well-composed. I do not think you're as foolish or innately evil as my peers might say. We all make mistakes and drift from our purpose. I hope you'll find a way to serve Creation in a beneficial way while you're here."

You nod your head at Calfuray.

You say, "I think Soterasiel will be fine. From what I hear he is contesting his guild master. Perhaps he is the change Celest is in dire need of."

Calfuray says, "I pushed that city to change, so no wonder it pushed back so harshly."

Sinister ritual chanting echoes faintly from afar, as shadowy, cloaked figures slip across the corner of your eye.

You say, "Soterasiel is wise and holds Lady Raziela close to his heart. He understands a very merciful reading of Lady Terentia's Justice."

You say, "I wouldn't be surprised to see your status brought up for discussion if he were to obtain office in the next handful of years."

Calfuray says, "For now.. It is fitting, my status."

Calfuray says, "Not the first time I was an enemy to Celest."

Calfuray says, "Probably won't be my last."

You smile softly.

You say, "Just don't be a problem for my Lady and I'll voice support for your return if you feel the call to Light."

Calfuray gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Calfuray says, "I'm sorry, Lawrence. The Light never called for me. It was never a reason for my stay in your city."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

Afifah y'Bolgari strums an ebony lyre while she hums a grim melody to herself.

You say, "Mine either, admittedly."

Calfuray smiles softly.

You say, "It's not always the church, rather it is the congregation."

You pause for a second in contemplation.

Calfuray says, "Hmm?"

You say to Calfuray, "I hope you find your place here and don't cause too many more threats to Creation."

You give an entrancing red rose to Calfuray.

You are filled with proud joy as you declaim, "For Creation."

Calfuray creases her brow in a frown.

Calfuray says, "What's the fun in that?"

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

-exit-