Announce Post #3169: Year 600 Celebration

It's year 600! A nice round number like that does not happen often so we'd like to do a little celebration. The world is not ending and does not need your help this time around though. To the contrary, nobody needs you to gather, influence, or slay 10 of anything to stave off doom. We have a much more mundane celebration in mind. As you can see from the Public Newsboard, the World Library is hosting a Lecture Series. 12 lectures total, one for each IG month. All you have to do is show up, alone or with others, and listen to the lecture. That's it!

Because we're launching the event mid-Estar, if you miss the Estar lecture, worry not as that one will be repeated in Estar of 601 and you can catch it then. To complete the accompanying quest you need to attend 8 out of 12 lectures but you will only be able to complete the quest properly after the lecture series is over and you will have to do so manually with Miska. The latter is so that you can save the completion of the quest for a day of your choosing because the quest is rated 10 (that is, it rewards 20 daily credits). In addition, it will reward a bound copy of the lectures and an honour. To check progress read the board at the forum.

U & O

Comments

• What about the black dragons in aetherspace??? I have questions and no one seems to have answers. Loving these so far!
  • Yeah, I love these. Can't wait to have the compilation at the end. Anybody got a sketch of the dracnari lecturer, or will he perhaps be back later in the year? :3
  • Nepenthe said:
    Yeah, I love these. Can't wait to have the compilation at the end. Anybody got a sketch of the dracnari lecturer, or will he perhaps be back later in the year? :3

Easily spotted as an academic from afar, the thin frame and hunched posture of this middle-aged dracnari man speak of a life spent poring over tomes and scrolls. Like tiny half-moons, golden spectacles are delicately perched within the mountainous ridges of his angular snout, nearly lost to the glittering yellow scales that adorn his flesh. Set deep into his face, a pair of sharp brown eyes squint out at the world around him from beneath a heavy brow that hosts a single ruby nestled in the centre of his forehad around a tattoo of a third eye. Wearing a tidy set of cream and burgundy robes, he carries himself with the air of a respectable gentleman, and every movement of his long limbs and gesture of his razor-sharp claws is exact.
    An enthusiastic dracnari scholar seems strong and confident.

Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Thank you! <3

also want to reaffirm how much I love these lectures. It’s so cool that every denizen has their own style and perspective, and for the most part they’re still presenting canonical lore in a concise way that can be hard to glean from events posts. Is there any chance there could be like… a recording crystal or something in the lecture hall that would let people view these lectures in the future if they miss out on the event?