Interview With The Caliph

EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
edited November 2021 in Event Scrolls
Just a lil something in the wake of Gaudiguch's Big Event - I'm sure this bodes well  :#  :#  :#
Her snout at work sniffing out the latest gossip, Chixieya Ninchi enters from the east.

Chixieya Ninchi, Editor in Grief says, "Ah, Caliph, just the person I wanted to interrogate. Do you have time to do an interview for the Gossip?"

You blink incredulously at Chixieya Ninchi, Editor in Grief.

You say, "Pfpfptpftt."

You exclaim, "Of course I do!"

Chixieya Ninchi, Editor in Grief says, "Of course you do, our tax dollars aren't going to actual real work. What happened to that dancer you were keeping in your basement?"

You say, "In my...b...bwah? I never had a dancer in my basement."

Chixieya Ninchi, Editor in Grief says, "So you kept him in the attic. Why did you torture him?"

Locking Chixieya Ninchi, Editor in Grief in an uncomfortable stare, you slowly blink one eye and then the other.

You say, "I'm certain I have no idea what you mean by that, Miss Ninchi."

Chixieya Ninchi, Editor in Grief says, "You are declining comment then? Alright. Why did you increase demand of kouseki powder artificially and then arrange its sale to the Golden Pavilion? How much did they pay you to do this?"

You say, "No one pays me anything - like, ever! Not even to be a Caliph and thus set myself up for these bizarre interviews. Also, I know nothing about a sale of kouseki powder, or even the factual existence OF kouseki powder."

With a deep reverb, Dark Reaper Sutekh n'Lochli, Extractor of Enigmas says, "Eritheyl has never seen a pestle in his life."

With a deep reverb, Dark Reaper Sutekh n'Lochli, Extractor of Enigmas says, "Fun trivia fact."

With a deep reverb, Dark Reaper Sutekh n'Lochli, Extractor of Enigmas says, "Let alone a mortar."

You say, "It's true! Well. Plausible at best, maybe."

Chixieya Ninchi, Editor in Grief says, "But you were instrumental in increasing its demands. Are you saying you were enacting a scam upon the citizens of Gaudiguch without intent to follow through?"

You look about yourself, rubbing your chin thoughtfully.

Chixieya Ninchi, Editor in Grief taps her pen against the page impatiently.

Carefully, almost biting at the words as they leave his lips, you say, "You may call it a scam if you are wont to, but nothing has been extorted from or even asked of the people. All that I have done - all that WE have done - was part of a meticulous plot to preserve the Freedom and wellbeing of this city. I have no further comments for your publication at this time."

Chixieya Ninchi, Editor in Grief says, "Excellent. You have been instrumental. Thank you for your time."

Apparently having found out nothing of interest, Chixieya Ninchi saunters off to the east.

Everything Is Fine Itsfine GIF - Everything Is Fine Itsfine Burning GIFs

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."