In which an old melisahmora is found, and Faragan is granted the power of Holy Fire

Elytho Serole yells, "Aha!"

Briskly, Elytho Serole glides their way out and to the south.

Elytho Serole pants like a dog.

The Pool of Stars.
This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. An enormously wide circular pool, as dark as the night sky, glitters softly between the columns. His form suffused with soft light, the Keeper of the Pool of Stars stands here attentively. A statue of Zenobia the Queen of Queens stands here, memorializing her noble spirit. An imposing sword of radiant white metal has been driven deep into the ground in a silent statement of intent. A mosaic tiled chest stands here, ready to share donations given. There are 10 archons of Eternal Light here. There are 10 cavaliers of the Light here. There are 10 Kusalas of the Tahtetso here. Surrounded by domothean death energies, an enormous map of the Catacombs of the Dead stretches across the open air. Though they fiddle with the prayer beads held between their hands, the faithful Elytho Serole stands here observantly nonetheless.
You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest, and up (open door).

Standing at a respectable five and a half feet of height, this youthful merian carries an air of restrained excitement about their form that is only heightened by the restless fidgeting that causes light to dance across their scales and send flashes of blue and orange dancing across their surroundings. A soft, mossy green, their eyes are covered with a light layer of barely visible, translucent film that cause them to appear to sparkle faintly as they glance inquisitively at their
surroundings. Though the top of their rounded head is bald, frills sprout from the base of their
skull and flare out dramatically around their neck and dance with every exaggerated movement of
their form and cascade beautifully from a deep indigo into a shimmering aquamarine near their silken tips. A pair of loose, clean trousers coloured a gentle tan are carefully fit beneath a half tunic
that falls to their hips, the cream of the tunic hemmed with a bright green and emblasoned with the
insignia of the Magisterium of the Holy Father directly over their sternum. Small slits have been
cut around their knees and in the folds near their elbows, allowing further frills to escape from
beneath their clothes to fan outwards from their joints in a dazzling display of oranges and blues.
Elytho Serole looks to be crushingly strong.

You say to Elytho Serole, "Hello!"

Still painting, Elytho Serole offers you a quick wave of the hand. "This city is much too large,"
they share, a wan smile on their face.

*****************************[ THE GRAND PROVINCE OF NEW CELEST ]******************************
Citizen Class Rank Position CT OffP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daxi Aquamancer Duchess On No
***********************************************************************************************
Currently, there is 1 Citizen on visible Planes and 4 on other Planes.

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.

You say, "I suppose it is quite large."

"Do you happen to know the quickest way to get to that---?" Elytho Serole asks, turning toward the
distant and looming lighthouse that is Light's Glory, their arm and pointer finger aimed directly at
it.

You say, "Um, it's past the harbour, would you be able to follow me if I show the way?"

"Hmmm, the harbour," the merian mumbles. And then, at your request, Elytho Serole nods and falls in line with you.

Elytho Serole begins to follow you.

You say, "The um...Magisterium use it. I think. These modern guilds still confuse me a little."

You curl your lips up, flashing a decidedly predatory grin at Elytho Serole.

Elytho Serole says, "That is true, yes. My uncle teaches with them."

[moving]

Standing before Light's Glory. (road).
This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. A fresh breeze is blowing through the area. A statue of Altaira, the Star Deva stands here, memorialising her noble spirit. Salt crystals creeping along its grooves and lines, a seal of yellow gold rests embedded within the lighthouse's
wall.
You see a single exit leading west.

"Ahah!" you exclaim triumphantly.

You say, "Managed to remember the way."

Elytho Serole beams broadly.

You say, "Unfortunately I am a Sanctifier of St Loathys, so I can't go inside."

'Oh?' Elytho Serole exclaims quizzically at you.

Elytho Serole says, "How very interesting. I have been so sheltered in the Merian Quarters--I had
forgotten all about the new guilds."

You see Elytho Serole yell, "Uunnnncccllleeee Neeeluuuuaaaannneeee!"

You have emoted: Daxi clamps her hands over her ears.

You say, "I guess that works."

A distant yell echoes from way above you; however, what this voice is saying, you are unable to
tell.

You say, "Uh."

(Celest): You say, "Are there any Magisterium people about?"

Elytho Serole gives you a soft smile, their attention only briefly caught by the voice yelling from
above. "I wonder if that is him," they say, turning their gaze to the distance windows that glitter
overhead.

You say, "Did you make out any words?"

Elytho Serole shakes their head.

You have emoted: Daxi peers up at the lighthouse.

You say, "Are you expected?"

*****************************[ THE GRAND PROVINCE OF NEW CELEST ]******************************
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***********************************************************************************************
Currently, there is 1 Citizen on visible Planes and 5 on other Planes.

Elytho Serole says, "I was! Or at least, I imagined I was..."

"I told him I would stop by if I made a breakthrough, and I did!" Elytho Serole adds.

You say, "I think people are off on an aetherhunt. I've askd if any Magisterium are about to let us
in but no reply yet."

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your thoughts.

With your mighty index finger extended, you poke a salt-kissed seal of yellow gold.

Shuffling pages upon pages of notes and sketches between his arms, Brother Neluane Serole enters
from the in.

"Ahah!" Elytho Serole exclaims triumphantly.

You give Brother Neluane Serole II a respectful salute.

His eyes narrowed upon Elytho and then to you, Brother Neluane Serole II clears his voice with a
cough. "Elytho, I was expecting a least a letter before you showed up..."

"But there is no time to be wasted, Uncle! I have found the evidence!" Elytho Serole exclaims, as
they dig their hands into their belongings to procure a thick sheaf of yellowing paper. They wave it
furiously, vigorously even.

The pointed tips of your ears twitch as you try to listen closely to Elytho Serole.

Raising his hands as if to gesture calm, Brother Neluane Serole II shares, "Careful, Elytho. Those
are priceless documents. The sea air! The birds!"

Elytho Serole blinks.

Elytho Serole says, "Oh."

Quickly, Elytho Serole brings the papers close to their chest, as if to shelter them from all
unknown and known elements. They turn to you, and they smile again.

Elytho Serole says to you, "I should explain, shouldn't I?"

Elytho Serole utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

White water lilies glide in from the west upon a flowing stream, their gentle procession heralding
the entrance of Faragan, riding an exalted ivory and gold dragon, in a burst of water and light.
Arriving amid salubrious ivory light, an exalted dragon majestically strides in.

Seagulls wheel far overhead, letting out harsh squawks as they fly over.

You give Faragan a respectful salute.

Faragan bows respectfully to you.

Faragan bows respectfully to Brother Neluane Serole II.

"Do you know much about my and my uncle's family?" Elytho Serole asks Daxi, interest glittering in their eyes.

Brother Neluane Serole II inclines his head politely to Faragan.

You say to Faragan, "Elytho here was just going to explain what he has found."

Comprehension flashes across Faragan's face.

Speaking softly in salubrious tones of erudition, The Ivory Dove, Faragan Ladyn, Merchant of The
Star says, "Do tell us sir."

You say, "Um, Serole, I don't know much, sorry."

"They," they correct, but wave it off with a brisk wave of the hand. "Not surprising," Elytho Serole
continues, "Our history isn't as illustrious as the Inalai or the Farain. But we were one of the first families of New Celest... or rather Old Celest."

Comprehension flashes across your face.

Speaking softly in salubrious tones of erudition, The Ivory Dove, Faragan Ladyn, Merchant of The
Star says, "Excuse me I thought Brother Neluane was gonna speak my apologies."

You say, "I am getting used to many new things to myself, my apologies as well."

Elytho Serole says, "In any case, I was shadowing Uncle Neluane for a while--" To which Elytho
glances up at Neluane, who only watches quietly, his arms folded about his chest, "--and he found
these papers that seemed so banal, but nonetheless were important records related to imperial
history, Celest, and so forth."

Elytho Serole exclaims, "But, I found a -curious- reference!"

Elytho Serole exclaims, "To a meliashmora!"

Faragan nods his head emphatically.

You say, "Oh! That's the old repository of powerful relics."

His brow arched, Brother Neluane Serole II says, "Elytho, we are all quite aware of the
Meliashmora."

With vigour, Elytho Serole shakes their head. "Nonono! Not -that- one. -Another- one." Again, they
produce the sheaf of papers, the yellowing records, bringing it to light and to air.

You say, "Oh, a second one?"

Elytho Serole says, "The Serole meliashmora."

Brother Neluane Serole II creases his brow in a frown.

Star says, "I admit not having hard of that one."

Elytho Serole gives yellowed and crumbling records to you.

Elytho Serole exclaims, "Read, ready!"

You stare intently at the scribbled handwriting, trying to discern what the faded ink says. With a
furrow of your brow, you shrug, managing only to discern the following:
aunts and uncles, found only by living waters.

Elytho Serole coughs, the excitement clearly too much for them.

You stare intently at the scribbled handwriting, unable to discern anything new from the faded and
opaque handwriting. With a sigh, you realise you only can manage what you already know:
aunts and uncles, found only by living waters.

You say, "I can't read much."

You say, "Aunts and uncles, found only by living waters."

"Oh?" Elytho Serole exclaims quizzically.

You say, "The rest is faded."

Elytho Serole exclaims, "I couldn't make -that- out!"

You give yellowed and crumbling records to Elytho Serole.

Elytho Serole says, "I made out a different line..."

You say, "Oh."

Elytho Serole gives yellowed and crumbling records to Faragan.

Lines of power flare up along your body, connected by shimmering points of light. For a brief
moment, your body becomes a canvas displaying the constellations of Lusternia before the light
flickers and fades away.

Elytho Serole says to Faragan, "What can you make out?"

Brother Neluane Serole II says to Elytho Serole, "And what exactly did you discover?"

Faragan Celestine Grand Duke Minister of Trade On No
Currently, there are 2 Citizens on visible Planes and 3 on other Planes.

Star says, "I make out something about the crystal sea and being bereft with you."

Faragan gives yellowed and crumbling records to Elytho Serole.

"Right, yes," Elytho Serole remarks, having gotten ahead of themselves. "These records are from a
relative of sorts, a distant one. They wrote 'I thought of our meliashmora the other day,' which is
interesting, because these records date back to -before- the famous one!"

You say, "Hmm, a meliashmora in the Crystal Sea? There are many old ruins there of course."

Elytho Serole nods their head at you.

Elytho Serole exclaims, "Exactly!"

You say, "Oh, so, perhaps meliashmora was a common word for repositories, but later became
associated with just the big, famous one?"

Elytho Serole snaps their fingers, agreeing with you. "Just what I was thinking, aye."

Star says, "Why would they be bereft however if it was safe within the Crystal Sea."

Elytho Serole says to Faragan, "That, I am not certain. I had trouble reading the rest of the
records, but it seems you were able to make out more. This is why I came to find Uncle Neluane, to
see if he could read anything else."

Star says, "If I recall the meliashmora we know about it was devoted to the La'Saet family."

"That is true, the Meliashmora of Imperial Secrets is attended to, or was, by the La'Saets. Whether
they continue in that promise now, I am uncertain..." Brother Neluane Serole II remarks./

Star asks Elytho Serole, "Perhaps each old Celest family had a repository of such things to guard and protect?"

At Faragan's question, both Neluane and Elytho turn to him and shrug.

Brother Neluane Serole II says, "Perhaps."

Elytho Serole says, "Certainly plausible, but who is to say."

Faragan nods his head in agreement.

Elytho Serole says, "Is there anyone else you might know who might be able to decipher the
handwriting?"

Faragan ponders the situation.

Star says, "Lady Jerana Farain, though she is of a different house."

You say, "I shall ask."

Elytho Serole says, "I would ask you, Uncle, but I know your eyesight is getting weary."

Brother Neluane Serole II says, "Ahem, I simply need new glasses is all..."

(Celest): You say, "If anyone is about, we need help deciphering some old texts."

As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible, shadowy beauty,
spreading darkness across the land.

You say, "We could try asking our allies, seems our own citizens mostly sleep currently."

A pert little nose takes in a delicate whiff of your surroundings, sensing the faint traces of
others in the nearby area.
You make out the scent of Faragan coming from standing before Light's Glory.
You make out the scent of Lorina coming from the Pool of Stars.

Your voice hisses sibilantly into the mind of Lorina, "Hi! Join us?"

Elytho Serole thumbs their way through the records, peering attentively as best they can. "The ink
is so faded," they opine, they face pulled into a low frown.

Faragan ponders the situation.

The pulsing glow emitted from Light's Glory surges brilliantly, a shining beacon of hope that
reaches across the entirety of the Basin of Life.

Lorina curtseys gracefully.

Brother Neluane Serole II inclines his head politely to Lorina.

You say to Lorina, "We are trying to read some very old faded texts."

Elytho Serole exclaims to Lorina, "Hello!"

"Oh?" Lorina exclaims quizzically.

Elytho Serole tells you, "Oh, do you trust her? She is familiar, I think--her name sounds familiar.
Perhaps I read it in the news..."

You tell Elytho Serole, "Hm, I'm not sure, she was once loyal to the city, but had some fallings
out."

You tell Elytho Serole, "We do not seem to have a lot of options open to us for help."

Lorina asks you, "What have you made out so far?"

Star says, "Someone young with good eyes."

Cautiously, Elytho Serole says, "Well... we have determined the location of something interesting,
but given that we don't have a lot of available eyes..."

Raising their right hand into the air, facing Lorina, Elytho Serole intones, with an officious manner, "If I share this with you, do you solemnly swear to do right by the City of New Celest, the blessings of the Light, the House of Serole?"

Brother Neluane Serole II coughs abruptly.

Under his breath, Brother Neluane Serole II says, "Ely..."

Elytho Serole acts as if they did not hear their uncle, instead, still focusing on Lorina.

Lorina says to Elytho Serole, "I would never dream of doing so. Those devout in the Light will not
have to worry of my intentions. I hold those who worship under the Star with great respect."

Elytho Serole exclaims, "Very well. A sacred charge you are ushered into!"

Elytho Serole gives yellowed and crumbling records to Lorina.

Comments

• The pulsing glow emitted from Light's Glory surges brilliantly, a shining beacon of hope that
    reaches across the entirety of the Basin of Life.

Lorina curtseys gracefully.

Brother Neluane Serole II inclines his head politely to Lorina.

You say to Lorina, "We are trying to read some very old faded texts."

Elytho Serole exclaims to Lorina, "Hello!"

"Oh?" Lorina exclaims quizzically.

Elytho Serole tells you, "Oh, do you trust her? She is familiar, I think--her name sounds familiar.
    Perhaps I read it in the news..."

You tell Elytho Serole, "Hm, I'm not sure, she was once loyal to the city, but had some fallings
    out."

You tell Elytho Serole, "We do not seem to have a lot of options open to us for help."

Lorina asks you, "What have you made out so far?"

Star says, "Someone young with good eyes."

Cautiously, Elytho Serole says, "Well... we have determined the location of something interesting,
    but given that we don't have a lot of available eyes..."

Raising their right hand into the air, facing Lorina, Elytho Serole intones, with an officious manner, "If I share this with you, do you solemnly swear to do right by the City of New Celest, the blessings of the Light, the House of Serole?"

Brother Neluane Serole II coughs abruptly.

Under his breath, Brother Neluane Serole II says, "Ely..."

Elytho Serole acts as if they did not hear their uncle, instead, still focusing on Lorina.

Lorina says to Elytho Serole, "I would never dream of doing so. Those devout in the Light will not
    have to worry of my intentions. I hold those who worship under the Star with great respect."

Elytho Serole exclaims, "Very well. A sacred charge you are ushered into!"

Elytho Serole gives yellowed and crumbling records to Lorina.

Elytho Serole says to Lorina, "What do you see?"

Lorina says, "I can barely make anything out, but what I can read says... the one we built, secret
    from mothers and fathers,."

You say, "Oh."

You say, "My line would follow that."

You say, "Aunts and uncles, found only by living waters."

Elytho Serole exclaims, "And ... mine would precede yours, I think!"

Elytho Serole says, "'I thought of our meliashmora the other day.'"

Star says, "Not sure if mine fits in any of what you all see other than saying the Crystal Sea."

Thoughtfully, Brother Neluane Serole II says, "Perhaps we need more eyes."

Elytho Serole says, "Is there anyone else you all know?"

"And trust," Elytho Serole quickly adds.

You ponder the situation.

You say, "I asked on the city aether, but no one has responded."

Crestfallen, Elytho Serole says, "How disappointing."

Lorina says to you, "Tentatively, could ask over the alliance, who is about? Do not state what it is
    for."

You say to Lorina, "Perhaps some more Hallifaxians?"

Lorina says, "It is just myself, my fiance, and another. Though, I think my fiance is mindless."

(Celest): You say, "Is no one about who can help us with reading some old records?"

(Celest): Inagin (from the Aetherways) says, "What kind of deciphering?"

(Celest): You say, "We have found an old text, but it is hard to read, we need more eyes on it to
    work out more lines."

(Celest): You say, "Something to do with a hidden Meliashmora in the Crystal Sea."

Elytho Serole's eyes widen at the arrival of Caoilfhoinn.

"Tada!" Caoilfhoinn says with a proud expression on her face.

Lorina flashes Caoilfhoinn a joyous smile.

You give Caoilfhoinn a respectful salute.

You say, "Hello!"

Caoilfhoinn beams broadly at you.

Elytho Serole says, "Uncle, what might it mean if there is another melishamora. Could it be the case
    that all the great families had one?"

Frowning, Brother Neluane Serole II offers little more than a shrug back at his relative. "That... I
    am not sure. Meliashmora is not exactly a secretive thing--though the famous one -was- secreted from us all."

Caoilfhoinn grimaces, turning bright red at realizing she's interrupting.

Brother Neluane Serole II smiles kindly at Caoilfhoinn. "Welcome, Hallifaxian."

Lorina smiles and says to Caoilfhoinn, "We were hoping you could decipher some old text with your young eyes."

You nod your head emphatically.

Caoilfhoinn gulps, and affects a curtsey to Brother Neluane Serole II. "So sorry to impose!"

Zalan inclines his head slightly forward in a somewhat stiff and bureaucratic acknowledgment.

Brother Neluane Serole II wordlessly gestures as if to say 'no matter,' his attention pulled back to
    the Celestians, and the records in Lorina's hands.

Lorina says, "And my fiance, who loves paperwork, will be able to assist in reading."

Zalan Shevat says, "Yes. I was summoned for assistance with paperwork."

Zalan tilts his head curiously.

Zalan Shevat says, "What is the context of this paperwork?"

Elytho Serole says, "They are historical documents."

Elytho Serole says, "Referencing a meliashmora."

Zalan Shevat says, "Ah - yet another one, different from the one in the Razines?"

You say, "Well, we rely on Hallifax now it seems. It is about an old meliashmora - not the famous
    one. But the text is hard to read. Perhaps if Lorina gives it to you can work out more?"

Caoilfhoinn nods her head sagely.

Zalan nods his head emphatically.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims, "Happy to assist our neighbors and allies!"

As if trying to attain an air of academic sophistication, Elytho Serole continues, "Very important in
    discerning aspects of Celestian history--as pertaining to the customs of House Serole."

Zalan carefully begins leafing through the records.

Brother Neluane Serole II chuckles. "Elytho, a true scholar need not cloak themselves in pretense.
    It is perfectly fine to acknowledge that we do not fully know things about the world, our past."

Elytho Serole glances at their uncle, nodding in understanding.

Zalan Shevat says, "It is quite difficult to read - the proper paperwork for preserving this ancient
    record must not have been properly filed. All I can make out is a reference to the Crystal Sea, and
    how the author feels 'bereft'"

Elytho Serole snaps their fingers.

Elytho Serole says, "A line we already know."

Star says, "That's all I cold read from it as well."

Lorina says to Zalan, "Pass that to Caoilfhoinn to try? Youthful eyeballs, and what not."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat asks, "Might I give it a try, comrade Brother?"

Caoilfhoinn beams broadly.

Zalan Shevat says, "Indeed, indeed."

Star says, "And I'm much older so good for old eyes here."

Faragan swings his arm up and high fives Brother Neluane Serole II enthusiastically.

Brother Neluane Serole II grins mischievously at Faragan.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims, "Ahem, hem!"

Caoilfhoinn reaches up to adjust her invisible glasses, peering down at yellowed and crumbling
    records with pursed lips.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Mm. A word that appears to be at the end of a sentence clause: 'return; but I will be sure to tell your children', and it cuts off."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "So frustrating to be in the middle of a sentence like this! No
    context, no closure."

Elytho Serole puts their hands on their hips and goes "Hmmm!"

Sir Inagin La'Saet says, "If only Lorina was still an Aquamancer, she might have answers."

Lorina blinks incredulously at Inagin.

Caoilfhoinn clutches protectively at Lorina.

Inagin shifts his eyes suspiciously from side to side.

You say, "I'm an Aquamancer, but, I do not know of any 'living waters'."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat asks, "Oh, has Faragan had a look yet?"

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims, "Your turn, then!"

Zalan tilts back his head and inhales deeply while twitching a wolf's snout.

Star says, "I have I made out the same passage as Zalan."

You say, "Inagin has not yet?"

Sir Inagin La'Saet says, "They need only recite the Hummingbird's the Calm,."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat asks, "What are all the lines we've gotten so far?"

Caoilfhoinn ponders the situation.

Zalan Shevat says, "'the Crystal Sea, and I am bereft. With you'"

Cautiously, Brother Neluane Serole II says, "We would need to be quite careful, then."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat asks, "Hum. Was the 'they' in your line lowercased, Sir Inagin?"

Sir Inagin La'Saet says, "Who do I give this to."

With a hopeful smile, Elytho Serole raises their hand high in the air.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "If so, I suspect it is immediately following my line."

Sir Inagin La'Saet says, "Yes it was."

Caoilfhoinn nods her head emphatically.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Then I posit the aforementioned theory."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat asks, "Is this a poem, perhaps?"

Caoilfhoinn ponders the situation.

Elytho Serole says, "These records themselves?"

Elytho Serole shakes their head at Caoilfhoinn.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "No, no.. Hummingbird's "the Calm"."

Comprehension flashes across Elytho Serole's face.

You say, ""I thought of our meliashmora the other day," "the one we built, secret from mothers and
    fathers," "aunts and uncles, found only by living waters.""

Zalan Shevat says to Caoilfhoinn, "I was thinking of a similar theory, Sister Comrade."

You say, "We have water hummingbirds that zip about the city."

Lorina says, "That would be living water."

Sir Inagin La'Saet says, "They're not calm."

You suck thoughtfully upon a turquoise pipe with oceanic motifs.

Lorina gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Shaking his head, Brother Neluane Serole II tugs at his chin. "'-THE- Hummingbird. It sounds like a sobriquet of some sort."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims, "Ohh! Perhaps they've penned a piece - something to recite - a secret phrase!"

Caoilfhoinn bounces up and down.

Elytho Serole snaps, as if mentally scratching off the list the idea of talking to hummingbirds.

Lorina says, "I do not recollect any poets going by that moniker, but maybe someone at the theater
    would know?"

Brother Neluane Serole II says, "Perhaps, Elytho, I will go in venture into the guildhall to
    research. You and the rest of our companions will endeavour to find more eyes and insights?"

Brother Neluane Serole II says, "And if I find anything, I will reach out?"

Elytho Serole puts their hands on their hips and goes "Hmmm!" at Brother Neluane Serole II.

Lorina nods her head emphatically.

You say, ""I thought of our meliashmora the other day," "the one we built, secret from mothers and
    fathers," "aunts and uncles, found only by living waters." Then the bereft line? "return, but I will
    be sure to tell your children" "They need only recite the Hummingbird's the Calm,"."

Nodding in agreement, Elytho Serole says, "That seems fair, Uncle. Thank you."

You see the following people here:
    Faragan, Zalan, Inagin, Caoilfhoinn, Lorina, Daxi.

A smile passes on Brother Neluane Serole II's lips as he nods at Elytho, then to the rest of you.
    "Blessings, then, upon you all. May the Light reveal many truths. In the meantime, I will look in
    the pages of what records I have."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat asks Lorina, "Should we make a library dive, see if we can find
    anything fitting 'the Hummingbird'?"

Lorina says to Caoilfhoinn, "Research is always a great idea!"

Zalan nods his head sagely.

As Neluane places a hand upon his heart and the other upon the seal of Light's Glory, he soon
    disappears in a sudden wave of liquid light.

Zalan Shevat says, "But it appears we could use more people as well to attempt reading the records."

Lorina says, "Though I lost my Celest library card a few decades ago."

Zalan tilts back his head and inhales deeply while twitching a wolf's snout.

Zalan Shevat says, "If need be, shall we summon Allies from the Glomdoring?"

Elytho Serole says, "They certainly have many eyes."

Caoilfhoinn shudders violently.

Lorina gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "SO many eyes."

"Spiders," Elytho Serole says.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Always watching."

You crease your brow in a frown.

Star says, "I do not think I've ever seen someone called 'the humming bird' or a writing called 'the
    calm' but, since these records were resently discovered no telling where that writing would be
    found."

(Celest): Kistan says, "Hello!"

(Shadowlight): Zalan says, "Allies from the Glomdoring - there is an archeological need among our
    allies in New Celest, and we could use more individuals to help us."
    (Celest): You say, "Kistan, come here. We need your eyes."

You feel a slight tug within your chest and the air around you sparkles with motes of bright light.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Oh! Actually."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat asks, "Could I see the records one more time?"

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "It's a longshot, buuut..."

Caoilfhoinn puffs herself up, preening the feathers on her head with some pride. "I happen to be an
    expert at Aeonics."

Zalan Shevat says to Caoilfhoinn, "Be careful, Sister Comrade - unless you are trained in
    specifically un-ageing documents, this could end poorly."

Zalan Shevat says, "Trust me, as I have experience attempting to do this with paperwork."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Oh, I shan't attempt to un-age the documents, for risk of
    destroying them."

You give Kistan a respectful salute.

Kistan greets you with a sincere smile.

Elytho Serole grimaces at the thought of un-aging and destroying the records.

You say, "We can get Kistan to try find another line?"

Kistan La'Saet says to you, "What are we looking at?"

You say, "Some very old records about the Serole meliashmora. Not the famous one, another."

Evette arrives, following Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist.
    Ilistala emerges from the shadows, curiously looking around.

Evette's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Zalan Shevat says, "Ah, some more Allies."

"Tada!" Caoilfhoinn says with a proud expression on her face.

(Shadowlight): Xenthos says, "A few of us are already here."

A caliginous leopard trots in with head high, butting Evette gently with her head.
    As a caliginous leopard comes to a stop, Evette pulls out an Unpolished Saddle of the Awkward
    Treasure-Hunter and attaches it to a caliginous leopard, pulling and tightening until the saddle
    fits firmly in place.
  • Zalan Shevat says, "We simply need many more people to attempt to read these old records."

Zalan Shevat says, "Different ones of us have been able to make out different segments."

Caoilfhoinn prods Lorina, asking in a low voice, "What's a melishmallow, anyway?"

Elytho Serole utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

You say, "A repository of relics."

Elytho Serole says, "A -meliashmora-."

Lorina says, "How fascinating would it be to find another treasure trove of historical items from
    the Celestine Empire."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Meliashmaro. Got it."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Ah. I was hoping for perhaps a bit more
    digging through corpses."

A wry smile spreads across Xenthos's face.

Lorina says to Caoilfhoinn, "It is a... storage facility of relics from Empire, long ago. Many
    unique items were stored in them."

Gael enters from the west, emanating an aura of immense power.

Zalan Shevat says to Xenthos, "All in good time, Ally."

A caliginous leopard licks her lips in anticipation.

You say, "That may come later."

You say, "It used to be in the Crystal Sea it seems, and that's now..."

Kistan La'Saet says, "The Sea of Despair?"

As if studiously recalling their linguistic training, Elytho Serole recites "Melia, meaning container or hold or box. Shmor, meaning safe or safety. The genitive -a ending."

Elytho Serole says, "Meliashmora. Hold of safety."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Or box of safe."

"Or, a repository, as we understand it." Elytho Serole double adds.

You say, "Of course."

Caoilfhoinn helpfully nods her head.

Kistan La'Saet says, "I had heard that they were locked away for safekeeping as they were too
    dangerous to be out, not for their own safety."

You say, "Well, the ones in the big Meliashmora."

You say, "This may be more like, family stuff than powerful artifacts of the Vernals."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat asks, "Well! Shall we get new eyes on?"

Nodding, Elytho Serole remarks, "Yes, that is the famous one. But, from this, it implies the
    meliashmoras are not singular. That there could have been more than one. Who knows if they all have relics or artifacts."

Caoilfhoinn mouths the word 'shmor' a few times, peering into the middle distance as she does.

You say, "Merian is a very wet and fluid language."

Elytho Serole catches Caoilfhoinn's attempt to speak, and when you says what you says, they nod.
    "Indeed."

Comprehension flashes across Caoilfhoinn's face.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims, "Merian. That explains so much!"

Elytho Serole says to Caoilfhoinn, "We have a lot of sh- and shush- and sss- sounds."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Like the sea."

Elytho Serole exclaims, "Oh!"

You say, "Well, its meant to be spoken underwater."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says something unintelligible in liquid,
    mellifluous tones.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says something unintelligible in liquid,
    mellifluous tones.

Zalan Shevat says, "Come come now, let us continue the effort with a dose of Hallifaxian
    bureaucratic efficiency."

Star says, "Who wishes to try first? Kistan?"

Kistan La'Saet says, "Please."

You clap your hands together merrily.

Helpfully, Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Kistan, then Evette, then Xenthos, if you please."

Faragan gives yellowed and crumbling records to Kistan La'Saet.

You say, "So far we have: "I thought of our meliashmora the other day," "the one we built, secret
    from mothers and fathers," "aunts and uncles, found only by living waters." Then the bereft line?
    "return, but I will be sure to tell your children" "They need only recite the Hummingbird's the
    Calm,"."

Kistan La'Saet says, "To which we can add - the Sea, wish to see it. Only the first stanza will
    suffice."

Evette drops yellowed and crumbling records.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "The first stanza of this poem or song by the Hummingbird is a pass phrase, then."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, ""You are gone, my sweet sister, Mistress of"."

You say, "Oh, what was the bereft line again?"

Inexplicably, a cohesive bubble of water meanders by, small floating drips trailing after it.

A flurry of blackthorn petals arrives from the west, thorny vines sprouting within the floral cloud
    and twining together to form the body of Esei, riding a creature of starlit shadow.

Heartless Scourge Evette Stormcrow, Chieftainess of the Tribe says, "The Crystal Sea, and I am
    bereft. With you."

Lorina says, "'the Crystal Sea, and I am bereft. With you'"

Caoilfhoinn gazes piercingly at yellowed and crumbling records with a thoughtful air, the air
    between them warping and shimmering oddly.

Lorina says, "That makes 8 stanzas, I think."

Elytho Serole considers the lines in their head, thinking hard about how they fit together.

Esei tilts their head curiously.

Lorina says, "If this is common song structure, we are missing one?"

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims to Esei, "Read the records, see what you can glean!"

Esei blinks.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims to Gael, "You too!"

Lilting in an atramentous, ethereal voice, Wyrden Auspice Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk
    whispers, "Ah, I can only discern 'and Merlyinthe gone, I do not know how to'."

Lorina claps her hands together merrily.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims, "That's new!"

Kistan La'Saet says, "I do like a sonnet - let us hope for 14."

In a quiet, lilting voice, Umbral Evoker Gael An'Ryshe, Vicar of the Cult says to Caoilfhoinn, "Aye,
    I did. It said 'they need only recite the Hummingbird's the Calm,"."

"I do not think them a song. There was no notation when I was observing them..." Elytho Serole
    considers, "A letter perhaps? A diary?"

Zalan Shevat says, "Merlyinthe..."

You say, "So far we have: "I thought of our meliashmora the other day," "the one we built, secret
    from mothers and fathers," "aunts and uncles, found only by living waters." 'the Crystal Sea, and I
    am bereft. With you' 'and Merlyinthe gone, I do not know how to' "return, but I will be sure to tell
    your children" "They need only recite the Hummingbird's the Calm," "the Sea, wish to see it. Only
    the first stanza will suffice.""

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "We are missing something between 'living waters' and 'the
    Crystal Sea', I suspect."

You say, "I might not have the right order of things."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to you, "You're missing the last bits that
    Esei and I read off."

Inagin snorts and snuffles at the air through a keen leonine nose.

Xenthos ponders the situation.

fathers," "aunts and uncles, found only by living waters." "You are gone, my sweet sister, Mistress
    of". 'the Crystal Sea, and I am bereft. With you' 'and Merlyinthe gone, I do not know how to'
    "return, but I will be sure to tell your children" "They need only recite the Hummingbird's the
    Calm," "the Sea, wish to see it. Only the first stanza will suffice.""

"Ahah!" Caoilfhoinn exclaims triumphantly.

Lilting in an atramentous, ethereal voice, Wyrden Auspice Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk
    whispers, "Do we know who, or what, the Hummingbird is?"

Elytho Serole exclaims, "Oh!

Elytho Serole says, "I forgot..."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims, "That's quite well put together, now!"

Elytho Serole says, "What I could read."

Caoilfhoinn peers at Elytho Serole unscrupulously.

Zalan tilts his head curiously at Elytho Serole.

Elytho Serole says, "'manage. I thought of our meliashmora the other day.'"

Elytho Serole exclaims, "So it was preceded by a line!"

Elytho Serole thumps themself on the forehead.

Comprehension flashes across Gael's face.

A creature of starlit shadow paws the ground and shuffles about impatiently.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Ah! 'I do not know how to' goes before 'manage'."

You say, "How to manage."

Star asks, "So we have two names apparently a and a moniker of the Hummingbird?"

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "You are gone, my sweet sister is the first line."

A quiet kitten's mew sounds out nearby.

Elytho Serole says, "Two names?"

You say, ""You are gone, my sweet sister, Mistress of" 'the Crystal Sea, and I am bereft. With you'
    'and Merlyinthe gone, I do not know how to' " manage, I thought of our meliashmora the other day,"
    "the one we built, secret from mothers and fathers," "aunts and uncles, found only by living waters." "return, but I will be sure to tell your children" "They need only recite the Hummingbird's the Calm," "the Sea, wish to see it. Only the first stanza will suffice.""

Elytho Serole puts their hands on their hips and goes "Hmmm!"

Caoilfhoinn clicks her tongue, adding, "Quite a dramatic opening. Would make a good novel."

You say, "I'm not sure though."

Esei purses their lips, deep in thought.

Elytho Serole says, "We seem to be missing a line."

whispers, "'wish to see it' implies something before that does not fit."

You say, "Living water's return does that make sense?"

Star says, "Sorry one name."

Curiously, Elytho Serole says, "Have we all read?"

You say, "Yeah."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Did Evette and Gael?"

Evette nods her head affirmatively.

Gael nods his head at Xenthos.

Elytho Serole's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Elytho Serole snaps their fingers.

Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his journey, lowering himself
    in the sky yet still casting even, full light upon the land.

Xenthos nods his head emphatically.

Xenthos ponders the situation.

Esei tilts their head and listens intently to Ilistala, an enormous leopard.
    A loud rumbling emanates from Ilistala as she rubs against Esei.

Ilistala, an enormous leopard sniffs at the records, then regards Esei curiously.

Using their tongue and the roof of their mouth, Esei makes a quiet clicking noise.

Zalan Shevat says, "We are unlikely to summon any more Allies at the moment."

Caoilfhoinn ponders a turquoise temporal resonator quietly.

Zalan Shevat says to Caoilfhoinn, "It would not be appropriate to blast the records, if that is what
    you are thinking, Sister Comrade."

Zalan Shevat says, "Temporal blasting generally does not increase legibility."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat asks Zalan, "Why would I blast it?"

You say, "More of a, that thing you do that can make people younger, right?"

Zalan Shevat says to Caoilfhoinn, "You had a certain look about you..."

Amaury inclines his head politely to those around him.

You say, "Ooh, another!"

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims to Amaury, "READ!"

Elytho Serole wipes the back of their hand across their head in relief as they mutters, "Whew."

Elytho Serole pant.

Elytho Serole pant.

Elytho Serole pants like a dog.

Star says, "More eyes."

Zalan Shevat says to Amaury, "Ally, could you try reading the records on the ground here, and let us
    know what you see?"

Esei nods.

The melodious voice of Kistan resonates in your mind, "I am with you on the joining of phrases."

Your voice hisses sibilantly into the mind of Kistan La'Saet, "It still looks wrong though."

The melodious voice of Kistan resonates in your mind, "Though the last one sits uneasy."

Your voice hisses sibilantly into the mind of Kistan La'Saet, "Yeah."

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Amaury Nightshade says, "Aye, one moment."

Caoilfhoinn peers about herself unscrupulously.

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Amaury Nightshade says, "All I can discern are the words: "I have left the
    key with you, as I have no need to"."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "I have no need to return."

You say, "New!"

Amaury scratches his head looking for an idea.

A look of understanding crossing their features, Esei nods their head slowly.

Zalan nods his head sagely.

whispers to Amaury, "We have other pieces, and that may be the last line."

Comprehension flashes across Amaury's face.

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Amaury Nightshade says, "Splendid, then."

Turning to you, Elytho Serole asks, "What do you think?"

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "So the key is with this person's sister - at her tomb or
    grave, perhaps. But the Hummingbird's... writing... may also serve as a key."

You say, ""You are gone, my sweet sister, Mistress of" 'the Crystal Sea, and I am bereft. With you'
    'and Merlyinthe gone, I do not know how to' "manage, I thought of our meliashmora the other day,"
    "the one we built, secret from mothers and fathers," "aunts and uncles, found only by living waters." I have left the key with you, as I have no need to "return, but I will be sure to tell your children" "They need only recite the Hummingbird's the Calm," "the Sea, wish to see it. Only the first stanza will suffice.""

You say, "The last line still seems off though."

Zalan nods his head emphatically.

Zalan Shevat says, "Perhaps one more set of eyes..."

Elytho Serole says, "Perhaps it is an accident? Perhaps a mis-scribe of the author?"

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Good idea."

whispers, "Perhaps they simply forgot to write 'if they wish to see it'?"

Esei tilts their head curiously at Elytho Serole.

You say, "It could be!"

Elytho Serole says to Esei, "That is what I am thinking too."

Zalan ponders the situation.

Esei ponders the situation.

Zalan Shevat says, "Is anyone aware of any prior references to the "Mistress of the Crystal Sea", or
    to a work called, perhaps, "The Calm, the Sea"?"

whispers, "Is this song or poem from the hummingbirds in the city?"

Lorina says, "I did not know the Crystal Sea had a mistress."

Gael shakes his head.

You say to Elytho Serole, "Do you know where any Seroles are buried?"

Utterly entranced, Caoilfhoinn emits a long "Ooooh."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims, "The family mausoleum!"

"There is the mausoleum in the Oleanvir," Elytho Serole shares.

Elytho Serole nods their head at Caoilfhoinn.

Zalan Shevat says, "Ah, wonderful idea to check there."

You say, "Was it used before tha taint wars?"

Caoilfhoinn claps her hands together happily. "Points for me!"

Elytho Serole says, "Oh... hmm, I believe so. That is part of the reason why New Celest came west.
    Most of the Imperial families had summer homes in the Oleanvir."

[After musch searching Esei announces he has found the location]

Before the Mistress of the Crystal Sea.
    This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. Thin sheets of silk, dyed in gentle azure shades, have been draped about the mausoleum, shrouding each chamber from its fellows. A warm, light perfumed air lingers, reminiscent of the salty seas from which all merian were born. Sconces
    fashioned of coral and seashells line the walls here, framing out alcoves within which the remnants
    of members of the House have been interred, while the freshly replaced oils and wicks within the
    shells burning with a cheery flicker, lighting the mausoleum in cheerful tones and only the
    occasional, flickering shadow. Here one particular alcove stands out, cut into the eastern corner,
    removing the angle of it and lending it instead a deep curve. Within, the delicate form of a female
    merian stands upon a her sarcophagus, her willowy form garbed in many layers of clothing - all thin
    and by themselves terribly revealing, all of them pieces forged from seaweed, shells, coral and
    pearls, however together they create a tasteful and elegant gown, reminiscent of the sea. A gentle
    smile has been eternally captured upon her smooth and aquatic face, her crests and fins swooping and framing her face, instead of spilling backwards. Between her feet, etched in a cheerful, flowing
    script, the lady's epithet can still be read: "Symahi Serole, Mistress of the Crystal Sea." This
    room has been recently swept clean, the marble floors nearly sparkling. Lorina is here, fluid-like
    motes of effervescent light floating about her form. She wields a delicate crystal staff in her left
    hand and a sapphire lyre in her right hand. Wyrden Auspice Esei Shee-Slaugh of the Ascending Dusk floats here, suffusing the air with the sickly-sweet scent of blackthorn blossoms. They wield a
    lissom blooming blackthorn staff in their left hand and a crow's feather quill in their right hand.
    You see exits leading southwest and northwest.

• Elytho Serole yells, "Are you in there, Daxi?"

You yell, "Yes."

Esei nods.

Comprehension flashes across Elytho Serole's face.

Elytho Serole says, "Symahi Serole."

Zalan Shevat says, "Well. I am disappointed nobody remembered this historical reference until now."

Lorina smiles impishly and says to Zalan, "It is uncouth to go poking into tombs not of your
    family."

Zalan Shevat says to Lorina, "Fair enough."

Wryly, Elytho Serole says, "Well, Celest does have an interesting relationship to history."

Caoilfhoinn claps her hands to her cheeks, exclaiming, "Oh, she was so pretty!"

Elytho Serole ponders the situation.

Kistan La'Saet whispers, "It does have a feel of grave robbing to it. Not disapproving, just saying."

Elytho Serole shifts and moves around the sarcophagus, trying to peer at every nook and cranny
    within it. "I can understand that feeling," replies, "But you are with a Serole."

Elytho Serole says, "So, in that sense, you are helping me with a family mystery."

Elytho Serole's mouth turns up as their face breaks into a smile.

You say to Elytho Serole, "Would it have been left in the sarcophagus, or elsewhere?"

Kistan La'Saet says, "Buried with it, I imagine."

"That... I do not know..." Elytho Serole replies. "I do not see any way to open it, so there must be
    something we must do."

Esei creases their brow in a frown.

Lifting her head, Ilistala looks at Esei hopefully.

whispers, "...is this mausoleum maintained often?"

You say, "There is a caretaker."

A look of understanding crossing their features, Esei nods their head slowly.

Elytho Serole says, "Often. The Novikei, Alexei, maintains it."

Zalan Shevat says, "I will go consult the World Library for any references."

Elytho Serole says, "I suppose he and his son too."

Kistan La'Saet says, "Symahi Serole, Mistress of the Crystal Sea."

Kistan La'Saet says, "Such a pretty name."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Perhaps Alexei might have some insights."

Elytho Serole nods their head in agreement.

[moving]

A well-kept family room.
    Resting in his rocking chair with his mace across his lap, Alexei Novikei is here.
    You see exits leading west and out (open door).

You greet Alexei Novikei with a sincere smile.
    Alexei Novikei says, "Don't be causin' no trouble in the graveyard, lad. I be havin' enough of a
    time it as it is."

Alexei Novikei watches you warily through a rhuemy eye plagued with a near opaque cataract.

You say, "We found an old poem."

You say, "That says a key was buried with um...Symahi Serole?"

"Eh?" Alexei Novikei says curiously.

You say, "Apparently Symahi Serole was buried with a key."

Alexei Novikei frowns. "Well, that is a surprise."

Alexei Novikei says, "Though, I wouldn't be sure... it isn't like I break into them or anything."

You say, "Or perhaps, a key was hidden somewhere near her sarcophagus."

Alexei Novikei shakes his head. "Oh no, no keys. I've been tending to these tombs for a long, long
    time. If we found a key, we would have found it years ago."

You say, "Elytho Serole found an old text saying it. Hm. So maybe it is inside the sarcophagus. But
    opening it...has that been done before? Opening any of the old sarcophagi?"

Lorina shivers violently.

You say, "Don't really want to damage it. Or disturb the dead too much."

You say, "Assuming it is a physical key."

Lorina urges you onwards.

You say, "Oh, maybe the key is the text or poem!"

With a wince, Alexei Novikei shakes his head. "One of them, I believe was opened once. Long time
    ago, some thieves broken in. But not the Serole one, I don't think."

You say, "Was there ever a book that you saw or found? Scroll?"

Alexei Novikei peers about himself unscrupulously.

Alexei Novikei says, "A book? No, not a book."

You say, "A scroll?"

Alexei Novikei shakes his head.

You ponder the situation.

Alexei Novikei says, "Nothing paper or parchment-like remains here. Too dead. Those things will just decay to nothing, you know?"

You say, "A tablet."

You say, "The Inalai wrote stuff down on tablets, that survived well into the present."

Alexei Novikei frowns. "I''m sorry, but nothing like that, no."

You say to Lorina, "We may have to try open it."

Alexei Novikei says, "You said you found a poem, though?"

You say, "Well, it was a text, that refers to what is maybe a poem buried with Serole. Oh, it was
    something by a 'Hummingbird' called the..."

Alexei Novikei's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Alexei Novikei chuckles long and heartily.

Alexei Novikei says, "A 'Hummingbird'?"

Alexei Novikei chuckles long and heartily.

You say, "Yes, perhaps somebody's nickname."

Alexei Novikei says, "Unfortunately, I don't have any of the Hummingbird's works with me. They are collector's items now, at least amongst my family..."

"Oh?" you exclaim quizzically.

Lorina says, "Well, this is fantastic. Someone knows of a Hummingbird!"

You say, "Who would have some of the works?"

(Shadowlight): You say, "Well, apparently Alexei's family has collected works of this Hummingbird."

(Shadowlight): Gael says, "Ahaa."

"But," Alexei Novikei continues, "My relative might know something. Ankia. She has a whole mess of old books down at that orphanage. Says gotta teach the young something good and proper early."

You say, "Saint Gathlyn's?"

Lorina asks, "Or Dragon's Grave?"

Alexei Novikei says, "Aye. St. Gathlyn's."

You say, "Anika."

(Shadowlight): Faragan says, "Any with the title we seek daxie??"

You say, "Well thank you sir."

You give the world a smart salute.

Alexei Novikei says, "Of course."

(Shadowlight): Lorina says, "Anika in Saint Gathlyn's orphanage has more information on the
    Hummingbird."

You say, "I shall track her down then."

Alexei Novikei says, "Just be careful with whatever you are doing with the tombs."

Lorina begins to follow you.

Alexei Novikei says, "I don't want to be put out on the job with you all breaking into things."

Alexei Novikei slaps his thighs and guffaws like an old man.

Lorina raises her hand to her mouth and titters girlishly.

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.

[more walking]

A cluttered office.
    Ankia Novikei paces back and forth here, her face creased in an anxious frown.
    You see exits leading east and down.

You greet Ankia Novikei with a sincere smile.

Ankia Novikei blinks.

You say to Ankia Novikei, "Hello, we are looking...."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says to Elytho Serole, "So sorry! I wanted to keep up - Miss Ankia
    here is alleged to have more information on the Hummingbird."

Again, Ankia Novikei blinks, her single eye fastening upon everyone who has barged into her office.

You say, "For a work called 'the Calm, the Sea' by someone known as the Hummingbird."

Gael coughs softly.

A smile widens across Ankia Novikei's face. "The Hummingbird is a very special person."

You say, "Who were they?"

Caoilfhoinn steps back, positioning herself behind Lorina to listen quietly.

Ankia Novikei says, "No one really knows, but they were an anonymous priest to the Lady Raziela.
    They wrote and pasted sermons across the city of Old Celest, poems too, which they were more famous for."

You say, "So it was a pen name."

Elytho Serole tilts their head and listens intently.

"The Orphanage, being a Razielite institution, collected some of their works, but not all of them," Ankia Novikei continues to explain. "Yes, a pen name."

"I should have something around here... look through these piles perhaps?" Ankia Novikei.

Elytho Serole begins to help, finding a pile and trying to leaf through papers upon papers upon texts.

Caoilfhoinn tucks in to help as well, carefully and gently sorting through the nearest pile.

A stack! Aha! A stack!

While the base of this stack of paper is solid--many, many pages of parchment, vellum, and the rest-
    -it soon becomes disjointed and irregular, replaced by thin volumes, thicker tomes placed off-
    kilter, sheafs of folded over paper, and more. The difference of content, position, and sturdiness
    thus changes the stability of the stack, to the point where even the barest touch or push might
    cause it tumbling and scattered all around.
    It weighs about 3 pounds and 2 ounce(s).
    It has the following aliases: stack, paper, book.

You reach out and touch a stack of paper and tomes.
    Like a cat who is excited by disaster, you surreptitiously reach out and touch a stack of paper and
    tomes, giving it the barest of pushes which causes it to suddenly, dramatically, and loudly collapse
    upon the floor. Nameless books and papers fly about, with one sliding quickly and stopping against
    your ankle.

You pick up an aged yet well-loved booklet.

Ankia Novikei exclaims, "Oh dear!"

"Collected Poems of the Hummingbird", By the Hummingbird (Page 1)
    [The ink of this page has faded entirely, and thus, the poem is a mere
    ghost upon the page, its presence only remarked by its absence and the
    rich annotations of lines, circles, and illegible commentary.]

Looking up, Elytho Serole exclaims, "Did you find something!"

"Collected Poems of the Hummingbird", By the Hummingbird (Page 6)
    The Calm, the Sea

Does the calm truly settle
    after the storm? Where clouds
    and spear-din tremble?
    When the Crusader lower his blade,
    does Compassion enter in our hearts
    to bandage old wounds and new?
    Throw, then, the daises into the waves.
    Throw our swords in too.

The lonely cry
    of a seagull begins the wake,
    as the white waves come crashing,
    filling each seat,
    each grain of sand with their
    bluish sting, sobbing
    and salting my face.
    Oh, throw me in too, into the waves,
    into the sea.

And a new day rises to wash
    the red from our hands, mercy
    for all who seek the thrill of
    battles, brawn, brutality.
    The sea, our witness,
    washes us clean.
    Me most of all.
    Me most of all.

"Well... I suppose I need to clean up anyway..." Ankia Novikei sighs.

You say, "Sorry."

Elytho Serole exclaims to Ankia Novikei, "Sorry!"

You say, "The Calm the Sea, it is here."

Utterly entranced, Elytho Serole emits a long "Ooooh."

You say to Elytho Serole, "Do you think the poem itself is the 'key'?"

Ankia Novikei's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Ankia Novikei says, "That is a good one."

Star says, "Just hte first line."

Caoilfhoinn's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

You say, "It said the first stanza? Is that the first line or first verse?"

Star asks, "Stanza is a verse?"

Elytho Serole says, "It would be the first verse, I believe."

Caoilfhoinn begins to follow you.

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Amaury Nightshade says, "I would assume so."

Amaury nods his head emphatically.

Ankia Novikei says, "What do you need the stanza for...?"

Elytho Serole exclaims, "A mystery, ma'am!"

Ankia Novikei gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

You say, "To open an old meliashmora, somewhere in the Crystal Sea."

You say, "Where living waters flow. Or did flow once."

Faragan points accusingly at Elytho Serole.

Star says, "Protected all tthis time by their ancestors."

Elytho Serole says, "Well... should we return to the mausoleum then? That is where the key would
    be..."
  • You say, "And do what there? Recite the poem?"

In a quiet, lilting voice, Umbral Evoker Gael An'Ryshe, Vicar of the Cult says, "I would assume,
    based on the first scroll."

Elytho Serole says, "Presumably? Is that not what the records said?"

Star asks, "They key is not speaking the words at the calmest spot in he crystal sea you think?"

Softly, Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "The key is with the Mistress of the Crystal Sea."

You say, "I don't know."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Our author left it with her."

"Ok!" Faragan exclaims.

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Amaury Nightshade says, "Thank you for your assistance, Ankia. I'm sure it was a little jarring to find a mob in your office with a sudden interest in your paperwork."

The corners of Amaury's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Caoilfhoinn curtseys gracefully before Ankia Novikei.

You say, "Yes uh."

Lorina says to Ankia Novikei, "You are doing lovely work here, thank you."

Ankia Novikei says, "Yes... it was. But if it is for good reasons, I can manage."

You say, "Thank you!"

Ankia Novikei's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Ready for a new adventure, you point boldly towards the horizon and declare in a proud tone,
    "Onward!"

[even more walking]

Before the Mistress of the Crystal Sea.
    You see exits leading southwest and northwest.

You say, "So do I read the whole verse or line by line?"

Elytho Serole says, "I imagine whichever would work..."

You say, "Does the calm truly settle."

You say, "After the storm? Where clouds."

You say, "And spear-din tremble?"

You say, "When the Crusader lower his blade,."

You say, "Does Compassion enter in our hearts."

You say, "To bandage old wounds and new?"

You say, "Throw, then, the daises into the waves,."

You say, "Throw our sword in too."

You say, "Throw, then, the daisies into the waves,."

You say, "Throw our sword in too."

Elytho Serole glances at the sarcophagus, then back to you.

Elytho Serole creases their brow in a frown.

You say, "Nothing?"

"You are saying something different than what you said in the orphanage," Elytho Serole explains.

Elytho Serole says, "In the orphanage, you said swords, but here you are saying a single sword."

Elytho Serole coughs softly.

You say, "Throw our swords in too."

Ticktickticktick.

As you share the poem's stanza, the ticking sound grows louder; soon, it is replaced by the sound of
    stone grinding against stone as the hands of Symahi's sarcophagus begin to part from their clasped
    position. There, in the space between them appears a bottle, sticking out like it was on a wine
    rack.

A ball of sticky webbing catches an ensorcelled bottle in a gooey strand and draws it up into
    Xenthos's hands.

Elytho Serole glances askance.

A wry smile spreads across your face.

Lorina says, "Well, that is a fun, magic tomb."

Amaury grins mischievously at Lorina.

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Amaury Nightshade says, "A message in a bottle, perhaps?"

Star says, "Perhaps."

In a quiet, lilting voice, Umbral Evoker Gael An'Ryshe, Vicar of the Cult says to Amaury, "Aye, it
    is possible."

Star says, "It's a key how ever it is."

Elytho Serole creeps over toward Xenthos, and quietly and silently snatches the bottle from his
    hands.

Gael nods his head sagely at Elytho Serole.

"Nice!" you say to Elytho Serole with an enthusiastic thumbs up.

Elytho Serole exclaims, "Living Water!"

Gael blinks.

Xenthos is enveloped in translucent fire for a moment and is gone, his soul safe until he returns to
    Lusternia.

Elytho Serole gives an ensorcelled bottle to you.

Roughly the size and shape of an average wine bottle, this glass container stands perfectly straight
    when placed on the ground; yet, despite this security and stability, whatever is held within its
    thick, dark green walls seems to churn ceaselessly, agitated and choppy like the sea when a storm
    begins to rage. A long, faded label wraps around the circumference of the bottle at the thickest
    part of it: scribbled on one side, in a fine hand, are words--instructions or ingredients perhaps--
    and on the other, clearly and more plainly the words 'LIVING WATER.' Besides this curious label, the most unusual thing of this bottle is the cap that keeps its contents contained, a clear wax-covered clamp of seashell upon which chiseled runes evoke a spell of revealing.
    It weighs 12 ounce(s).
    It has the following aliases: bottle.

You read what is written on an ensorcelled bottle:
    Upon the Isle of Celest,
    a spell of cloaking we have left.
    Turn the seal to free the water,
    to see if you get closer, hotter.
    And when it is clear that you have found the space,
    break the glass, let the waters erase.

Utterly entranced, Caoilfhoinn emits a long "Ooooh."

Star asks, "What was the passage about living water?"

In a quiet, lilting voice, Umbral Evoker Gael An'Ryshe, Vicar of the Cult says, "Kind of them to
    label it so clearly, lest someone drink it."

You say, "Upon the Isle of Celest, a spell of cloaking we have left. Turn the seal to free the
    water, to see if you get closer, hotter. And when it is clear that you have found the space, break
    the glass, let the waters erase."

Disciple of the Tah'vrai, Amaury Nightshade says to Gael, "Indeed."

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat exclaims, "Ohhh, a treasure hunt! How exciting!"

You say, "I do so like instructions."

Star says, "So to old Celest!"

[walking]

Northern beach.
    You see exits leading north, southeast, and west.

With considerable strain, you twist and twist and twist the seal around the bottle's neck, easing it
    open just enough for a single drop of water to pour free. As it falls, the water moves as if it were
    alive, like it possesses some elemental consciousness that causes it to ebb, swirl through the air,
    and spiral down as it descends.

As the droplet descends, it shudders, its inherent stability nonetheless maintained as it a breeze
    passed through it, carrying it along as it drops down in a soaking blob, splattering into nothing.

A look of understanding crossing his features, Gael nods his head slowly.

You say, "I assume that means far away."

[more walking]

Before the remains of the Emperor's Chalice Inn. (road).
    You see exits leading north, south, west, and in (open door).

With considerable strain, you twist and twist and twist the seal around the bottle's neck, easing it
    open just enough for a single drop of water to pour free. As it falls, the water moves as if it were
    alive, like it possesses some elemental consciousness that causes it to ebb, swirl through the air,

As the droplet descends, it shudders, its inherent stability maintained but yet, as it reaches the
    ground and splatters, it shifts in hue in brightness altogether.

Gael's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

[more walking]

Roadway through charred stables. (road).
    You see exits leading east and west.

As the droplet descends, it shudders, its inherent stability nonetheless maintained as it a breeze
    passed through it, carrying it along as it drops down in a soaking blob, splattering into nothing.

[some more walking]

Potholed intersection. (road).
    You see exits leading east, south, and west.

As the droplet descends, it shudders, its inherent stability momentarily disrupted but yet, it
    remains cohesive and whole. As it finally reaches the ground and splatters, the watery remnants
    sparkle with a multi-coloured light.

"Oooooooooh!" you say, eyes wide with wonder.

Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Oh?!"

In a quiet, lilting voice, Umbral Evoker Gael An'Ryshe, Vicar of the Cult says, "It is getting more
    and more colorful."

Beneath the vestiges of a grand aqueduct. (road).

You see exits leading northeast and west.

As the droplet descends, it shudders, as if it got caught in some vibrational field; then, simply,
    it bursts into a fine mist that sparkles with rainbow light. A feeling of magic traces through the
    air, the mist revealing something hidden beneath illusion here.

Caoilfhoinn bounces up and down.

Lorina claps her hands together merrily.

"Ahah!" Amaury exclaims triumphantly.

You try to break an ensorcelled bottle.
    With a final twist of your hands, rather than trying to open the seal, you twist along the neck of
    the bottle, snapping it apart. Shards of glass fall from your palms as does the living water
    contained within, which moves through the air like jellyfish tendrils. Soon, the water shudders like
    the droplets before, bursting into a fine mist that sweeps around you with rainbow-hued light. The
    charge of magic tingles across your skin, the mist growing brighter and brighter still before it
    evaporates altogether, thus revealing someplace new behind what was once a very curious illusion.
    With a final twist of her hands, rather than trying to open the seal, Daxi twists along the neck of
    the bottle, snapping it apart. Shards of glass fall from her palms as does the living water
    contained within, which moves through the air like jellyfish tendrils, Soon, the water shudders like
    the droplets before, bursting into a fine mist that sweeps around all gathered with a rainbow-hued
    light. The charge of magic tingles across your skin, the mist growing brighter and brighter still
    before it evaporates altogether, thus revealing someplace new behind what was once a very curious
    illusion.

Gael's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Utterly entranced, Elytho Serole emits a long "Ooooh."

This room has not been mapped.
    Before a wall of water.
    Before a wall of water.
    Ornately carved pillars of marble rise around the edge of the room, cracks webbing their way around
    each of the finely detailed coulmns. Blocks of stone spread across the floor, each one a different
    size and shape. Vines break forth from cracks in the marble walls, creeping down like curtains to
    hide the moss beneath. The air is dry and stagnant, the smell of dust and mildew stirring with any
    errant breeze that finds its way into the chamber. To the south, an ever-shifting wall of enchanted
    water covers the marble behind it like a blanket.
    There are no obvious exits.

Kistan La'Saet says, "And adventuring we go!"

"Wow!" Caoilfhoinn exclaims!

Elytho Serole eyes widen at the sight of the wall of water. "Magic," they whisper.”

You sweep your trained eye across the room for the hidden exits.
    You spot no hidden exits.

Lorina reaches forward and touches an ever-shifting wall of enchanted water before stepping forward into the water completely.

Gael blinks.

Xenthos reaches forward and touches an ever-shifting wall of enchanted water before stepping forward into the water completely.

Faragan reaches forward and touches an ever-shifting wall of enchanted water before stepping forward into the water completely.

Amaury reaches forward and touches an ever-shifting wall of enchanted water before stepping forward into the water completely.

You reach forward and dip your fingers into the shimmering depths. Drawn towards its majesty, you
    step completely into the water before emerging in a new location, the colourful water dripping from
    your dry body.
    Within total darkness.
    An ever-shifting wall of enchanted water spans the northern edge of the room.
    As you find yourself passing through the wall of enchanted water, the sudden crackle of magic echoes around you as sconces roar to life, bringing fell illumination within the tunnel you now find
    yourself in.

Within total darkness.

As you step boldly into the darkness, with a crackle of magic, sconces roar to life with hissing
    flames of sea green and blue: revealing the chamber with their eerie glow.

Within total darkness.

As you step boldly into the darkness, with a crackle of magic, sconces roar to life with hissing
    flames of sea green and blue: revealing the chamber with their eerie glow.

Within total darkness.

The stink of something fetid reaches your nostrils as a long exhale breathes not only acridness but
    fire: at the sound of the breath, a gout of fell flame roars upward to illuminate the space,
    revealing a long forgotten melishamora and a being of terrible and twisted power.

A forgotten meliashmora.
    Marble plinths organized into orderly lines rise from the once extravagently tiled vault, each one
    covered in a thick layer of dust. The walls are home to experly chiselled works of art. One bears
    elegant imagery of the City of Celest, while the rest portray notable members of the City. A large
    square fire pit has been constructed in the centre of the room, a sea green and blue flame roaring
    within. Around the base of the fire pit, elegantly flowing scripture singing praises to the City of
    Celest and the Supernals has been painted in a faded silver ink. Shelves of elegantly carved wood
    line the walls of the vault, some decaying and collapsed with age. Under the shelves are a plethora
    of other storage space - crates, sacks, barrels, chests and bags - almost every one decaying from
    their time left unattended. Tainted fumes surrounding her monstrous form, Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion shrieks with rage as she stalks back and forth.
    You see a single exit leading southwest.

Xenthos ponders Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion thoughtfully, looking her up and down.

Contorted and depraved, the form of Gelu, the Maligned Champion is mercifully covered in what was once a suit of fieldplate of the Champions of the Flame. Now, the profaned armour is twisted and blackened, with acrid fumes escaping between the joints, sacred runes twisted from her
    transformation. Visible between the slats of her visor, flame-like eyes of a viridian hue blaze with
    unbridled rage. Gelu bristles with armaments of all shapes and sizes, each dripping with venom and
    twisted into black mockeries of once holy weapons. A bevy of throwing daggers strapped to a
    bandolier crisscrosses her chest, with more jutting from sheaths across her thighs and forearms.
    Shrieks of rage and torment echo from her as she stalks back and forth in her unconventional prison,
    the ground underfoot furrowed from centuries of Gelu's heavy tread. Bereft of feathers, skeletal
    wings hang down her back, stunted from disuse as well as their desecration from the Taint.
    Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion does not even register your presence as a threat.
    She weighs about 420 pounds.
    You cannot see what Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion is holding.
    It has the following aliases: gelu, fallen, champion.

"Oooooooooh!" Lorina says, eyes wide with wonder.

You say, "Well."

Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion's eyes flare brightly, her bulk rising.

You greet Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion with a sincere smile.

Caoilfhoinn looks about herself, concern evident in her eyes.

Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion says, "Only fools enter here and live."

Gael takes a few steps back away from Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion, eying it warily.

"Oh?" Xenthos exclaims quizzically.

A reflection of Faragan blinks out of existence.
    You are taken off your feet.
    The world seems oddly quiet.

Pulling a pair of wickedly barbed waraxes from over her back, Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion swings them in a wide arc through your guts, sending a flare of pain and insidious poisons coursing through your system as Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion licks them clean.
    Damage Received: 7437 unblockable, 7437 Total.
    You have been slain by Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion.
  • The mortal threads of your being severed, you scream in agony as the Divine spark within you enfolds your body with scorching flames.

Spreading his arms wide, Gael spins clockwise and a shimmering white orb springs up around him.

Despairingly, Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "Her wings..."

Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion pulls a blackened steel claymore from over her shoulder before bringing it crashing down upon Kistan's head in a flurry of blows. As Kistan stumbles in a daze, Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion lifts her foot and kicks Kistan squarely under the chin, sending him flying to smash against the wall of the vault.

[lots of gnome weapon spam]

Amaury folds his hands together, causing the timepiece on mechanical lace gloves to open up and
    reveal a small pistol.
    Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion has been shot down by mechanical lace gloves.
    Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion has been slain by Amaury.

From Spectre Isle, an inhuman scream bellows across the Basin of Life, the final death rattle of an
    ancient, twisted figure.

You feel your barely-glowing divine spark suddenly flare back to full strength, ready to bathe you
    in the flames of the phoenix.

You draw deeply upon the spark burning within you, fanning it furiously until you bathe, bright and
    radiant, in phoenix flames. You feel the threads of your existence char and fray as you sear a hole
    through reality, forging a new life for yourself.

[walking back to the meliashmora]

A forgotten meliashmora.
    You see a single exit leading southwest.

You wipe the back of your hand across your head in relief as you mutter, "Whew."

Light begins to fill the air, true light, not of magic's import, but the blessed light from heavenly
    realms; pinpricks manifest through the air, resolving in slow ambulations like the orbiting of the
    stars, coalescing in measured time to become some figure wreathed in light.

Light gilds every plane, curve of line, and sharp cut of Blessed Gelu's armoured figure, her very
    being resplendent in such a way that it is clear she is not mortal, or a mortal no longer. The plate
    she wears is forged steel with intricate prayers and runes rippling across it, giving thanks to
    Methrenton for safety and might. In her hands, she holds her helm: an impressive thing thats crest
    unfurls in a wild display of white-dyed horsehair. The woman herself is hard to make out, the light
    too bright to focus on any specific feature; the impression of her skin is brilliant, turquoise, the
    fins around her face fanning in such a way that they shift like ripples in water. A champion for
    certain, she is armed to the teeth, but all stay sheathed, each one burning with holy fire that
    cannot be contained or concealed. Behind her, wings stand unfurled, kaleidoscopic in their colour
    and wreathed in flame.
    Blessed Gelu, Champion of the Flame almost glows with nearly god-like power.
    She weighs about 235 pounds.
    You cannot see what Blessed Gelu, Champion of the Flame is holding.
    It has the following aliases: gelu, blessed, champion.

Holding back tears, Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "I can only imagine what torture she's been through."

The light remains too brilliant at first, but then the vague figure comes more complete: a woman,
    merian, steeled in plate and sword. Her eyes open, viridian like the forests, and when she raises a
    hand, her voice trembles with angelic tones: "Freedom! O warriors of Light, I bid you welcome and
    joy! For you have freed me from that cursed shell, and now my spirit soars again!"

Faragan smiles softly.

Her voice radiant and pure, Blessed Gelu, Champion of the Flame says, "I bid, who dwells within the meliashmora of the Serole?"

"Oooooooooh!" Lorina says, eyes wide with wonder.

Lorina urges you onwards.

You say, "Oh, I am Daxi Strongleaf, Aquamancer of New Celest, and Sanctifier of Saint Loathys."

At the name of Loathys, Blessed Gelu pauses and presses a hand against her armoured chest. "You
    swear by the name of Loathys Inalai? Hail, Champion, ally, for I am Gelu, chosen kin of her."

Faragan points accusingly at Elytho Serole.

You say, "This is Elytho Serole, who found the text that led us here."

You flash Elytho Serole a joyous smile.

At Daxi's beckoning, Blessed Gelu turns her attention to Elytho. In the same radiant voice, growing
    stronger in vigor and sound, "Hail Serole. For I know of your family. I had guided one long before."

Star says, "Faragan of the House Ladyn."

"And hail to House Ladyn. Devotees of the Light aplenty, it seems." Blessed Gelu's face, what is not blinded by the light the limns her, breaks into a smile.

Astounded, Elytho Serole says, "Uhhh... we... we found records of this place, Miss, um, Gelu. So, we ventured here. I do not know you, but I have heard of the Champions of the Flame. Why is it that you are here?""

Star says, "We are glad to have freed you from your tainted prison lady."

Motes of light drift around Blessed Gelu's figure, filling the cavern with golden brilliance. "I was
    here for that which I am bound is here. The scabbard of Radele Inalai, brother to Loathys, the last
    weapon I used before Loathys herself brought holy flame upon all of Celestia against the Army of
    Love."

You say, "For which Loathys was taken to Celestia and united with the Light as a Saint."

"Such treasured item, hidden away, in the dust, in the muck. When the foul force known as Taint
    came, it was only Light's blessing that kept the scabbard safe. The relic of Tresalyne himself too.
    I, however, was bound in infernal flesh." When Daxi speaks, the angelic being smiles again. "Indeed. Called into Methrenton's service."

Kistan La'Saet whispers, "A relic indeed."

Her virid green eyes scan those present, taking notice of Faragan in particular. "I am in your debt,
    favored of the Light. But I cannot remain much longer."

Star says, "No debt lady. we are glad to have freed you from what had to be agony over centuries."

"Ahh, but a debt will always be repaid. So says Loathys. Celestine, step forward."

Faragan steps forward confidently and gazes at the figure.

Faragan holds out two furry paws and says "We thank you for your time of service before your prison. What debt do you have to pay?"

Extending one hand outward, a sword of light manifests within Blessed Gelu's grasp. When Faragan is within reach, she plunges the weapon into Faragan's chest. There is no blood, there is no loss. But
    the sword, a shard of light, passes through him effortlessly. "This gift I give to you, and all sworn of the Light who teach the arts that the Champions mastered. For it seems you have lost the
    art of Holy Fire."

Caoilfhoinn nearly leaps out of her skin, eyes wide.

Kistan La'Saet whispers, "Wow."

"Oooooooooh!" you say, eyes wide with wonder.

Faragan gazes at the blade piercing him now in horror but oddly joy and serenity fills his bunny
    face.

Drawing back, Blessed Gelu wields no longer the sword she had conjured. But instead, Faragan stands wreathed in blessed flame.

Star says, "I think you for your gift Gelu. The light ever shines, ever illuminates, and ever is the
    salvation of the first world. We shall use it so furthering the cause you fought for and that we
    still fight for."

"Now free, I must return to Celestia. Loathys beckons. May Light shine upon you all, my Methrenton's flame find true service." With a hand raised, curtains of light erupt around the angelic figure, surging away into nothing but motes remain, until those too disappear altogether.

Faragan bows respectfully to the corpse of Fallen Gelu, the Maligned Champion.

Star says, "Thank you saint."

Caoilfhoinn's eyes widen as she beholds Faragan with a look of awe and wonder.

Elytho Serole's eyes bug out as they boggles in amazement.

Elytho Serole says, "... wow."

Speaking softly in salubrious tones of erudition, The Ivory Dove, Faragan Ladyn, Merchant of The Star says, "Something anew and so close to my 500 birthday. Even old furrikin and new stuff even at my age."

You say, "Wow, a Champion of the Flame...and the holy fire they wielded is reborn."

Kistan opens a large iron chest.

Elytho Serole's ears perk up as their attention turns towards Kistan.

You tilt your head curiously.

You say, "What is that?"

Faragan peers at Kistan unscrupulously.

Kistan La'Saet says, "The scabbard that bound her here I assume."

Dripping water echoes in the distance.

Star says, "That is what she was protecting."

Elytho Serole says, "May I see it?"

Softly, Fulminatrix Caoilfhoinn Shevat says, "It should be protected in her stead, then."

Kistan nods his head emphatically.

Faragan nods his head in agreement.

Elytho Serole holds out the scabbard, trying to inspect it as best they can. "Mmm, the crest of the
    Inalai."

Kistan La'Saet says, "She said it was buried among the detritus."

Elytho Serole says, "I wonder what else is in here..."

You say, "Perhaps we take it to the Shrine of Loathys?"

Elytho Serole says to you, "Yes, I think that would be good."

Kistan La'Saet says to Elytho Serole, "There was an engagement ring as well."

Kistan grins sheepishly, a faint blush in his cheeks.

'Oh?' Elytho Serole exclaims quizzically at Kistan.

Kistan La'Saet whispers, "Sorry. Professional adventurer."

Star asks, "Made by the Inalai but, Saint Treseline's?"

Kistan opens a small box.

Looking toward Kistan, Elytho Serole asks, "May I see the ring as well?"

Elytho Serole handles the ring with care, passing it along to you to observe.

Elytho Serole gives a sapphire-inlaid engagement ring to you.

This ring, meant to signal one's betrothal, is surprisingly large; it fits between snugly between
    the first and second knuckles on the ring finger. Its size, however, is intentional. Crushed
    sapphires have been inlaid within the tarnished band, swirling in a pattern like cresting waves,
    rising and falling from and into pale foam. Some remnant of magic registers within the elegant
    piece, pinpoints of light dancing through these waves: stars, like those found on the Elemental
    Plane of Water, as if to give a clear sense that this ring draws its source, its appearance, its
    memory to that particular place. Hidden within the inner curve of the ring is a small engraving,
    letters surrounded by a heart.
    It weighs 1 ounce(s).
    It has the following aliases: ring, band.

Elytho Serole gives a tarnished scabbard of gilded dolphins to Faragan.

You read what is written on a sapphire-inlaid engagement ring:
    TS & JF

Elytho Serole says, "In case others want to see."

Elytho Serole's mouth turns up as their face breaks into a smile.

Faragan calls out "Thank you."

You display a sapphire-inlaid engagement ring for all in the room to see:

You say, "TS & JF."

You say, "Is the engraving."

"Oh?" Elytho Serole exclaims quizzically.

In a quiet, lilting voice, Umbral Evoker Gael An'Ryshe, Vicar of the Cult asks, "...one of the
    Seroles?"

Elytho Serole says, "... but."

Faragan proudly shows off a tarnished scabbard of gilded dolphins:
    Hardened leather, darkened with age, wraps around the sturdy body of this ancient scabbard, pieces
    of which flake apart when handled roughly or without care. Adorning this fraying hide is an elaborate filigree: golden dolphins leaping from stylised waves of encrusted diamonds, each creature moulded in such a way where they appear distinct, as if they were a pod of their own and not mere replication. Imprinted upon scabbard's similarly golden locket is the family crest of House Inalai. Despite the patina of lusterless colour that shrouds the metallic components of the scabbard, there is, nonetheless, the vaguest glitter of brilliance, as if light itself were still, meekly, peeking
    through like a candle in the dark.

Faragan gives a tarnished scabbard of gilded dolphins to you.

"Blessed Gelu said that that was of Tresalyne?" Elytho Serole questions.

You say, "Which, the ring?"

Elytho Serole says, "Now I am confused. Perhaps so? The scabbard, she said, belonged to Radele
    Inalai?"

Star says, "Jerana Farel? or maybe I'm saying that wrong. no idea about it."

You say, "JF...Javiel Farain, the first Holy Father?"

Elytho Serole says, "Holy Father Farain was the first, yes. He was beloved of St. Tresalyne."

You say, "Wait, were Saint Tresalyne and Ja..."

Star says, "That's what I was just thinking."

Elytho Serole nods their head emphatically.

Elytho Serole says, "But Tresalyne was known as a Farain."

Elytho Serole says, "But... TS..."

Elytho Serole eyes widen.

You say, "Was he Serole... before marrying Javiel?"

Star says, "Treseline Serole..."

Elytho Serole says, "Something that I, nor I think many of my family know..."

Star says, "Till now."

You say to Elytho Serole, "What would you like to do with the ring?"

Elytho Serole says, "I will hold onto it, perhaps to authenticate it more."

You give a sapphire-inlaid engagement ring to Elytho Serole.

You say, "I think we shall go speak to Elahi Inalai?"

"For the scabbard, perhaps we shall take it for a time to the Shrine of St. Loathys. Perhaps they might have more records of it, and Radele, and perhaps even Blessed Gelu," Elytho Serole considers, now staring at the ring placed within their palm.

• I cut out a lot of stuff (including the whole magic ink thing) and reordered some comments to make it easlier to read. But it is still loooooong, and I haven't even cleaned up the Shrine of Loathys bit. That will have to come later.