Magic enhancement rune question (TP related)

edited March 2013 in Q&A
Syntax:        PSI <channel> MINDBLAST <target>
Channels:      Superstratus
Damage Type:   100% Psychic
Damage Source: Magical
A powerful attack that will damage the mind, body, and ego, even if the
opponent is in dreamform.

Since the damage source is magical, will the rune enhance only the health damage, or will it also enhance the mana and ego damage?

I'm also assuming that Psychicvampirism would be unaffected, as it does not have a damage source.  If I'm incorrect, please correct me!

Best Answer

Answers

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I imagine it would only affect the health damage, because it goes through a completely different calculation from mana and ego drainers. There is no mana/ego DMP, after all.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Follow up question: do tinker glasses reduce ego damage from mindblast/psyvamp?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Follow up question: do tinker glasses reduce ego damage from mindblast/psyvamp?
    They should; just not the damage done via forcefield.

Not that they even work if you switch to a class that has access to forcefield any more.
  • Tinker glasses only reduce ego that you use, not ego that is taken from you. 
    They originally covered everything but concerns about debating and such won out.