Website Ideas

edited March 2013 in Ideas
As Estarra pointed out back at the beginning of the year, Nocht and I have volunteered as webmasters for the new website. At this point, we've cleaned up most of the broken links and removed most of the generic content. What we're looking for now is ideas/feedback from our wonderful players about how to improve the website.

What we are specifically looking for is content that will make the website a great resource for existing players but especially for new/prospective players. I can't promise that all suggestions (or even any suggestions) will be implemented, but we're happy to hear them, large or small. Thanks! :)

Side note: If you find typos or broken links on the website, you can bug them using the in game BUG command and we will fix them!

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Given that the forums have been semi-merged with the website, do you have any control over these as well? I ask because there are all kinds of dead and busted links here that I would also love to see cleared up.
  • Does the website also include the web API? Or is that another thing altogether?
  • Xenthos said:
    Given that the forums have been semi-merged with the website, do you have any control over these as well? I ask because there are all kinds of dead and busted links here that I would also love to see cleared up.
    No, the forums are done by vanilla forums, not by us. Sorry!
    Ssaliss said:
    Does the website also include the web API? Or is that another thing altogether?
    The web API is done by IRE and not by Lusternia.

• I'm no website designer, but one thing I've noticed is that the game info tab links to a very useful page, which includes races, history, maps, artisinals, etc.  However, the submenu that pops up when you mouse over 'game info' always manages to make me think I'm not going to find the information I need.

So, I think you should try to reconcile the main tabs with their submenus.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2013
    The only real gripe I have with the website (considering this is the only thing I'll ever use it for, ever), is how distant and awkwardly small the menu is on the ArtBard page. It makes an awkwardly long page, being smooshed in on the right with the Articles and Recent Events, while the main body of the page has a whole three things to click on - all three of which are ALSO in the side menu. If this is a thing that can be changed, I'd be very pleased.

Also, whatever happened to the ability to search through artisanals/bardics? Did I imagine that?

(I don't know/want to know what API is in detail, so if these things are that, ignore me)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TauTau
    edited March 2013
    Right now, under Game Info there's an entire page labelled "Gallery"/"Image Gallery." It's http://www.lusternia.com/gallery and its also blank. So whats up with that?

Also, there's an Articles blurb that shows up on like every page, but Articles haven't been "a thing" since 2011, as the latest Article shows. I know there's an economy of design, and there's only so much one can do, but, I feel like it's parachronistic

EDIT: Also, along with that, clicking "More Articles by Players" seems to be broken for me