Questions about Cavaliers

edited May 2013 in Q&A
Right!  So, I get bored a lot.  I also have a handful of alts I've forgotten about x.x  I also want to RP some stuff elsewhere.  SO QUESTION TIME.

How high should the minimum investment in beastmastery be for a budding Cavalier?  I may be able to trans it, but that would mean not transing Athletics (and possibly not transing my secondary - I don't know the credit situation yet).

Is the Tae'Dae bonus substantial?  I'm still not sure how the racial bonuses work for specializations.

How's Bonecrusher as a spec?  (Not related, but hey, questions are questions!)

Thanks! :)

Best Answers

Answers

• Why's Tae'dae so bad again?  I remember when I first started out, almost every BM was Igasho, even with the balance penalty.
  • Speed matters much more now than it used to. I think cavs might, -might- have a shot at damage killing with a focus on that, due to the benefits of heft. I've seen a few people hitting 50% health in spars. I may try top damage weapon to see just what I can make work. No promises on anything yet. I'll update with details.
  • I think I theorycrafted once that an ur'guard tae'dae cavalier with a puissanced hefted hit on a sensitive omened target could one-hit them with a max damage/artied weapon. Never got to test it out though.