A Meditation on Elemental Wood by the Khan en-Wilde

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
edited April 2013 in Event Scrolls

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Be welcome, one and all!"

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "This is the first meditation I've held with anyone in attendance."

An ancient shadowed grove.

A fresh breeze is blowing through the area. A heavy silence lies over this ancient grove like a thick blanket, smothering all the natural forest sounds and giving the location a sense of expectation and foreboding. Very little light penetrates past the dense canopy of the many archaic oaks that grow here, making light a sparse commodity for the smaller plants and shrouding the grove in a dark and gloomy atmosphere. The many oaks that grow here appear positively ancient, their thick roots deeply latched into the ground and their massive trunks and branches towering over the shadowy grove. A large number of venerable oaks stand sentinel in the gloom, their timeworn trunks arranged in a perfect circle. A mature hornbeam tree stands proudly here. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. Nose upturned haughtily, Battalia, the kitsune stands here, her flaming body crackling softly. A wiccan broom floats here, vibrating with energy. Hackles risen, a fierce timberwolf prowls about here. Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol is here. She wields a glowing powerstone in her left hand and an athame dagger in her right. Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout is here. Azus stands here, staring at you yet caught in meditative reverie. She wields a lambent serpent moonblade in each hand. Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl stands at the ready, his face adorned with colourful warpaint.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Now, I should share a summary of the element of wood, so that we know what we meditate on."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Wood is the element of growth, maturity, and fortitude."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "It is experience and memory, with roots in the birth of a soul and leaves in the verdant present."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "And in this meditation, we will be reflecting on how we have grown in the past, what we have endured, and how we will grow in the future."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "If we could please be seated?"

Azus sits herself down.

Azus settles to the ground in a cross-legged position, inhaling deeply. As she brings her hands up to rest open-palmed at either side, she exhales, all tension leaving her body.

Avurekhos settles to the ground in a cross-legged position, inhaling deeply. As he brings his hands up to rest open-palmed at either side, he exhales, all tension leaving his body.

Rivius sits himself down.

Cairxauhoyol sits herself down.

Rivius settles to the ground in a cross-legged position, inhaling deeply. As he brings his hands up to rest open-palmed at either side, he exhales, all tension leaving his body.

Cairxauhoyol settles to the ground in a cross-legged position, inhaling deeply. As she brings her hands up to rest open-palmed at either side, she exhales, all tension leaving her body.

Battalia, the kitsune sits back on her haunches.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Oh, excellent, we're all familiar with the lotus position."

Everiine sits and spreads his wings behind him, folding his legs under him.

Avurekhos's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Not strictly necessary, but I find it helps to accomodate my abdomen."

Azus shifts position slightly, her eyes and abdomen glowing an eerie emerald.

Everiine imitates the lotus position.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "As we reflect on growth and maturity and experience, we intone the mantras of wood."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde chants, "CHUPHET."

Closing his eyes, you chant, "Chu-phet."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde flicks her antennae, gesturing to the participants.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout chants, "Chuphet."

Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl chants, "Chuphet."

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol chants, "Chuphet."

Azus smiles softly.

Azus nods her head.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde chants, "CHUMUN."

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout chants, "Chumun."

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol chants, "Chumun."

Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl chants, "Chumun."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde chants, "CHUUTI."

Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl chants, "Chuuti."

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout chants, "Chuuti."

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol chants, "Chuuti."

Closing his eyes, you chant, "Chumun, chuuti."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "And we draw each of these together... AKHCHU."

You chant, "Akhchu."

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol chants, "Akhchu."

Birds fill your ears with serenades of happiness and love.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout chants, "Akhchu."

Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl chants, "Akhchu."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "And we end with a nice, loud..."

You see Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde yell, "KA!"

You see Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout yell, "KA!"

You see Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol yell, "Ka!"

You yell, "Ka!"

You see Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl yell, "Ka!"

The leaves in the grove suddenly rustle for no apparent reason.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "If any of you would like to share a reflection of your own personal growth, now is an excellent time."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Do share with us, and with the trees, so that we have a little more experience to draw on."

With a hopeful smile, Cairxauhoyol raises her hand high in the air.

Azus flashes Cairxauhoyol a joyous smile.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Princess Cairxauhoyol?"

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "I have recently, just last month, met my leprechaun companion."

Azus's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "Glitter, in the grove nearby, gave me his name. He is most friendly and welcoming."

Nodding, Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Leprechauns have always been courteous in my hearing. A firm friend, I'm sure."

Cairxauhoyol nods her head emphatically.

The warped bark of the nearby trees creaks and groans, their leaves rustling quietly from an imperceptible breeze.

Leaning over to lay a hand on the nearest oak, Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "I wonder if these old trees agree."

The leaves seem to rustle more loudly in response, though still no wind is felt.

Azus smiles softly.

Avurekhos beams broadly.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Would anyone else like to share with us?"

You have emoted: Everiine raises his hand.

Rivius flashes you a joyous smile.

Azus beams broadly at you.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Do share, Khan."

The grove suddenly becomes hushed, as if the forest itself is listening for something.

You say, "Though it may sound contrary, fifteen years ago, I gave up the post of Great Chieftain of the Seren, a post I held for over a century. I promised that I would hold the post for as long as my tribe decided I should hold it, but near the end, I'm not sure that I was doing much good for the tribe. When I was challenged for the post, much to my relief, the tribe chose the challenger. Looking back, it was the right decision, and has allowed me to reexamine my role in tribal life. I thus decided freely to take up the post of Chief of the Ritual, no longer burdened by the package of a promise I could not keep and free to serve my kin in better ways."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "An important lesson..."

A cascade of leaves rains down from the forest canopy, encircling Everiine in a brief gust before settling to the forest floor.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "And growth is growth, Khan. Losing the Taikhanate of your tribe is not a bad thing, but I'm sure you know that. I hope we can all see that leadership is not necessarily a uniformly positive thing."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Rivius, Avurekhos? Would either of you like to share anything?"

The area between the trees appears to throb and pulse, distorting the view though the air.

Rivius chews on his lip, deep in thought.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "The recollection does not need to be edifying in any way, just a memory of something that helped you grow."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde twitches her antennae towards Rivius.

Quietly, Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl says, "I don't...really know...I'm not very good at speaking about past experiences..."

Avurekhos inhales deeply before releasing a loud rumble, producing a characteristic 'hoom' as the air leaves his lungs.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Perhaps your joining with the Noyarqa Aerys possesses some insight? Or you, Avurekhos?"

Trying to gather his thoughts into words, Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl says, "I mean...growth for me...I never really sat down to think much about it. It just happens slowly..."

You urge Rivius onwards.

A wry smile spreads across Azus's face.

A soft chittering is heard in the trees before a flash of gray sweeps down to the forest floor. Moments later, you recognize the beast as a squirrel sitting at the edge of the grove, his head perked up inquisitively towards Rivius.

Avurekhos tilts his head curiously at Rivius.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "It's hard to notice a sapling becoming a tree. But it happens."

Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl says, "But I think true growth comes from when you've had great teachers, and it becomes your time to try to say the same things they said to you to the younger ones."

Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl says, "I'm not much good at that either, but it's a role I've somehow fallen into, so while strange and uncomfortable...I suppose that is growth? You gain a whole lot of perspective when that happens."

The womanly voice of Battalia echoes in your mind, 'Oh dear, he's not even making sense.'

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "A change in expectations helps to give a little push."

Azus frowns at Battalia, the kitsune.

Battalia, the kitsune stares blankly at Azus.

Seemingly satisfied, the squirrel hops tenatively towards Rivius, noiselessly depositing a small acorn at his feet before skittering off into the trees once more.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says to Rivius, "A worthwhile lesson to remember."

Serenguard Rivius Tarsuhl scratches behind his ears, appearing slightly embarrassed.

Chief Everiine Silverwolf, the Wise gives Rivius a proud nod.

Antennae twitching towards Cairxauhoyol, Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Ah, you would like to share something else? Excellent. I think these old oaks are getting bored with my recollections."

Cairxauhoyol's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

The white blanket of cloud in the sky above you thickens into a heavy cover.

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "I have recently become a herbalist. One of my very first experiences as one was wandering through the Serenwilde to look at all of the plants growing in the forest."

You smile softly at Cairxauhoyol.

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "The herbs were mostly stripped or barren, especially up in the north. I learned then that it is important to work diligently and earnestly if anything is to be done. But today, I have learned that it is also important to take breaks and to rest from your labours."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Ah, and that is the work you spoke of earlier."

Cairxauhoyol nods her head at Azus.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Very admirable, Princess."

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "Yes, Queen Ankhemet."

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "Replanting is fun, but it is important not to go too long, even with work that is enjoyable."

As Cairxauhoyol speaks, a tiny sapling breaks through the soil before her, a pair of verdant leaves unfurling towards the sky.

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "That is my story for today."

Showing that she understands, Azus nods her head slowly.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "It is a special kind of joy, a kind of love, to take something barren and dead and fill it with life."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "You must be quite suited to nursing."

Rivius's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "I will share something myself."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "It might surprise one or two of you to know that once, I was a male."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "It is not so strange in the upworld, but to the kephera, it is a scandal beyond measure."

Cairxauhoyol blinks.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "In my own time, not long after I chased a foolhardy Princess out of the Undervault, became her Consort and King and watched her lapse into nothing, my assembled noyarqa and the Princesses in my care came to me and asked me to become their Queen."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Queen Ankhemet who came before me was a layabout, who did not wish to exert herself in any way, and had left all the governing, administrating, protecting and nurturing to me, so all people dealing with Hive Ankhemet dealt with me anyway."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "With great consternation, I claimed an artifact from a man in the mountains and broke my male body, becoming kereglel, becoming a Female and becoming a Queen."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "In the heart of that maelstrom of emotions, morality, loss and confusion, I sacrificed everything I was to become everything the Hive needed me to be. I gave up Hive King Ankhemotep for the sake of my Hive, and I serve as their Queen still."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "The dydactic core of my memory is this; love, duty and honor demand sacrifice, and love, duty and honor are central to societies everywhere."

Twitching her antennae dismissively, Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Except the Prison. Which is not so much a society as an enclosure."

The ground between the trees pulses slowly with a faint green light.

The soft scent of cherry blossoms rolls in on a gentle breeze, as a shower of colored petals rain down from above. A few of the petals drift around Azus, covering her form in a sprinkled mantle of pink and white.

Rivius nods his head at Azus, showing his acceptance.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Avurekhos, are you ready?"

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "It is not required, of course."

Azus shrugs helplessly.

Avurekhos ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "What you share, indeed if you share, is up to you."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "I don't mean to put any pressure on you."

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout says, "Pressure is some times needed to get things going, I do have a memory, but it is quite silly."

Using his tongue and the roof of his mouth, Avurekhos makes a quiet clicking noise.

Rivius urges Avurekhos onwards.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout says, "Having been a young unblooded in the tribe, I had ventured off into Faethorn. Tending to my own needs, which of course was gathering honeycombs for delicious honeycakes! That day has haunted me for awhile, as a vicious follower of Mother Night swooped in and slayed me, taking said honeycakes, if there was any thing I learned that day -- It was to be aware of your surroundings, being vigilant, as I have been during my late night watchs in Etherwilde. A great lesson that was learned, indeed."

The area between the trees appears to throb and pulse, distorting the view though the air.

Avurekhos nods his head sagely.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout says, "It helped me grow, and become the person I am today."

Avurekhos inhales deeply before releasing a loud rumble, producing a characteristic 'hoom' as the air leaves his lungs.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Death and danger in the dark is hardly a silly memory, khanarqa. Thank you for sharing."

Avurekhos flashes Azus a joyous smile.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Well, that brings the meditation to an end. It went on a lot longer than I expected."

The leaves shiver slowly, a low pitched sound that is almost a sigh. Droplets of water from the last rainfall are shaken from their leaves, falling to the ground with a soft patter.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "What did you think of it?"

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "I'm still unsure whether or not the meditation should be reduced."

Rivius tilts his head curiously.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout says, "The meditation went rather well, people do take time to re-collect their memories though."

Cairxauhoyol nods her head in agreement.

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "It would likely take less time if the meditation were announced in advance for people to think on before."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Perhaps in time, people will have their memories in better order, knowing in advance that they will be required."

Azus nods her head emphatically.

The corners of Azus's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Avurekhos beams broadly.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "We think alike, Princess."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "I'm a little disappointed to have not seen the Noyan or Kimusuna Luenn here, but so very glad to have been able to hear you out."

Azus blinks.

Avurekhos tilts his head curiously at Azus.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Nothing, one supposes."

Azus shakes her head.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Well, I should get back to the Hive. It's about time for me to collect the yield from the mines."

Avurekhos nods his head sagely at Azus.

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "I should work on guarding the northern Serenwilde."

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout says to Azus, "It is always a pleasure to see you in Serynwodenhillirim, Queen Ankhemet."

Cairxauhoyol stands up and stretches her arms out wide.

The corners of Azus's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Cairxauhoyol kneels and reverently places a palm on the ground. The colours of the surroundings suddenly sharpen.

Avurekhos's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Cairxauhoyol bows respectfully to Azus.

Cairxauhoyol leaves to the southeast.

Tilting back her head, Azus's antennae begin to twitch and flick as they seemingly taste the air.

Azus inclines her head politely to those around her.

Avurekhos gives Azus a respectful salute.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Thank you all for joining in!"

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

Comments