Bashing with Beastmastery!

For a TK mage with forcefield, which beast order strategy would be best for bashing?

1. Repeatedly attack
2. Do nothing until the mob shields, then repeatedly attack
3. Repeatedly heal ego until depleted, then attack
4. Repeatedly heal ego until depleted, then wait until they shield, then attack
5. Repeatedly heal ego

Also, on a slightly related question, is it worth it to raise an influencing beast with as much spirit trains as possible to boost its max ego? And is beast regeneration rates static?

Best Answer

Answers

• Beast regeneration can be boosted twice? How? I only know of Beastmastery Regeneration.
  • edited February 2014

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    To be fair, I'd go for option 1 and if you're coding a healing for it, then only use it like sparkleberry

The bashing isn't specified, though. In any case, the way carry over crits work, having your beast always attacking is amazing considering you can 1 shot mobs with your beast.
  • Yes, it's worth it to code your bashing alias to take into account priorities. If ego is below a certain amount, beast heal.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I personally go with repeatedly attack.  Over time it does more for me than the thing healing me would do.

Your best bet will be to switch it up based on the target.  If it's a target that does a lot of damage to you and which you can't tank on your own, having it heal you is preferable.  Otherwise, more DPS is better than more healing, because why do you need more health if you can already tank it?