A Meditation on Elemental Fire by the Khan en-Wilde

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
The Glinshari Circle.
Ephemeral visions of the virtue of Duty slip through your mind, small whispers of the power of the Hunt echoing in your ears and indicating a shield shrine of Charune nearby. There is but a light breeze blowing. A clearing opens up in the dark birches, branches breaking away to give a view of the sky above. No saplings grow about the roots, and the trees themselves lean away slightly, as if reluctant to set foot on this sacred ground. In the clearing itself, long green grasses grow in a round shape, the edges of the circle blurring as they merge with the soil and leaves. The sound of birds and animals is still audible here, although it seems rather blunted, as if the clearing is almost in touch with another world. A light breeze drifts through the air, clear, fresh and exhilarating. Hidden deep within the environment lies a mystic pathway. In the center of the circle stands a large, circular stone basin. There are 4999 blue flames crackling within the basin, burning pure and bright. A mature hornbeam tree stands proudly here. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. Arcing high into the sky, an iridescent rainbow is here, its many colours constantly shifting and changing. Hackles risen, a fierce timberwolf prowls about here. Serenguard Cadfael Myeras is here, shrouded. Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde is here. She wields an exotic Ankhemet tattooist's needle in her left hand and a glowing powerstone in her right.
You see exits leading southwest, northwest, and through an iridescent rainbow.

Cadfael sits himself down.

Azus sits herself down.

You settle to the ground in a cross-legged position, inhaling deeply. As you bring your hands up to rest open-palmed at either side, you exhale, clearing your mind.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Now, flame is the element of driving force and passion, and it demands discipline and sacrifice to handle it without being harmed."

Serenguard Cadfael Myeras shifts about on the ground, finally settling with his legs crossed in front of him, his palms resting on his knees, and his back more or less straight.

With a slow nod to Azus, Cadfael shows his understanding.

(Serenwilde): Azus says, "The meditation is beginning. Dash over to the Flame of Glinshari if you're joining."

With a slow nod to Azus, Cadfael shows his understanding.

A beam of moonlight comes down from the sky and bathes Azus in light.

Lydin dances down a moonbeam and alights gently on the ground.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "During this meditation, I would like you to reflect on the forces and values that give you strength to go on, on interests, hobbies, duties, anything that you put love and effort into seeing through."

Pressing her palms together before her, Azus chants low sonorous syllables.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde intones, "KRAKPHET."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Cadfael's lips.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde twitches antennae towards the participants.

Serenguard Cadfael Myeras says, "Krak-phet."

Lydin says, "Krak-phet."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde intones, "KRAKMUN."

Serenguard Cadfael Myeras intones, "KRAKMUN."

You chant, "Krak-mun."

Lydin says, "Krak-mun."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde intones, "KRAKUTI."

Serenguard Cadfael Myeras intones, "KRAKUTI."

You chant, "Krak-uti."

Lydin intones, "Krak-uti."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde intones, "AKHKRAK."

Serenguard Cadfael Myeras intones, "AKHRAK."

Lydin intones, "Akhkrak."

You chant, "Akh-rak."

You see Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde yell, "Ka!"

Azus clenches her fists together as steam rises up from her skin.

You yell, "Ka!"

You see Serenguard Cadfael Myeras yell, "Ka!"

You see Lydin yell, "Ka!"

With moisture glistening on her brow, Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Phew!"

Lydin says, "Phew!"

Lydin says, "Er..."

Lydin blushes furiously.

Azus's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Just as he opens his mouth to say something, Cadfael suddenly bites down on his lip with a frustrated grunt.

The corners of Cadfael's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Now, who would like to share some of their passions with the rest of us?"

Serenguard Cadfael Myeras stares down into his lap, taking the forefinger of one hand and tracing tight circles idly upon the armor over his knee. He frowns.

Lydin clears his throat.

Serenguard Cadfael Myeras looks expectantly to you.

Lydin tilts his head and listens intently to you.

Azus smiles softly.

You say, "I emerged from the Portal of Fate more than two-hundred and ten years ago. I emerged in the Serenguard, and have been ever since. The Oath that I took to protect my people binds me to their service, and with every fiber of my being do I carry it out. My feelings for all else pale in comparison to this, my purpose and reason for life."

Serenguard Cadfael Myeras blinks slowly at you and then nods approvingly, a faint smile upon his lips.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Duty and service are powerful motivators."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Would anyone else like to share, or shall I?"

Shifting uncomfortably on the ground, Serenguard Cadfael Myeras says, "I suppose I can."

Everiine tilts his head and listens expectantly to his kin.

Azus tilts her head curiously at Cadfael.

Glancing briefly at Everiine and then clearing his throat, Serenguard Cadfael Myeras says, "The Serenwilde's always been my home. I've taken the same oath Everiine has, and there's no more important responsibility to me either. I wonder whether I have the same strength that he has shown in his own long service, and I only hope that in the future I'll be able to prove worthy of my charge."

Glancing at the ground, Serenguard Cadfael Myeras says, "Then there are my family and... loved ones. And other things. But it looks like I've got to go. Sorry to leave abruptly."

Cadfael stands up and stretches his arms out wide.

Azus nods her head emphatically.

Cadfael bows respectfully to Azus.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Go well."

Shifting his attention to you, Cadfael powerfully slams a fist against his own chest in a tribal display of respect.

Cadfael nods his head at Lydin.

Lydin nods his head at Cadfael.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Love of kith and kin is also an important motivator."

Lydin clears his throat.

Azus flashes Lydin a joyous smile.

Lydin says, "I suppose that leaves me."

Lydin says, "I might speak of the Fae, or the Moon, or the Moondancers ..."

Lydin says, "But let me share a much simpler passion."

Lydin holds up the sprig.

Lydin smiles and says, "Herbs."

Lydin says, "They are a precious gift from Nature and I delight in their care and tending."

Lydin says, "They fuel our warriors and ritualists alike, when distilled. They keep us safe in battle, and well ... they are quite beautiful."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "Providing support through hard work is certainly motivational."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "But what do you think the underlying passion is? Nourishment? Nurturing?"

Lydin says, "Well, nurturing is in there certainly. Also a spiritual reverence for the gifts of Nature."

Showing that she understands, Azus nods her head slowly.

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "I will pass over each of these motivators mentioned and opine the value of pride."

Hive Queen Azus Ankhemet, Khan en-Wilde says, "I take pride in my Hive, in my culture, my history. I take pride in my accomplishments, in my students and children, in the beauty of everything I do. It is pride that compels me to push myself even harder."

Lydin nods gently.
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.