Author's title on a book

LavinyaLavinya Queen of SnarkAustralia
edited May 2013 in Q&A
I have a book that was made for Lavinya waaaay back, and her name as author is listed with her ancient title from when she was little and unimportant and in a different family.
ie - It is entitled "Memoirs" and the author is listed as being Seditionist Lavinya n'Kylbar, Adherent to the Queen.
Is there anyway for it to be changed?

Best Answers

Answers

• edited May 2013
    I don't know, but the current system makes sense to me. The book was written at the time when the author held those titles, and that was the context of the book

Imagine if you wrote a book exalting the Taint, and then later changed guilds to, say, the Moondancers. A book with the title of "The Virtues of the Taint", authored by Moonkissed Lavinya, Beloved of Maiden? Seems incongruent to me.

Edit: Bah, leaving a page open and taking forever to type a post is how you get ninja-ed by six whole minutes.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Hmph, I'm not an org hopper. I see the sense I suppose, but I don't have to like it. New book it is.

• When you write a book and sign your name and title, does it change retroactively? That is to say, all works by someone who receives their doctorate are not retroactively changed to be written by "Dr. Joseph Langdon, Harvard University". Terribly awkward for his sophmore thesis paper in Intro to Philosophy....
  • Also, changing titles of authors would probably cause all kinds of havoc when people suicide.
  • "The Joys and Wonders of Dendrology", by a small shubbery.