Spreadsheets, Spreadsheets, and not a chart to spare.

NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
edited May 2013 in Common Grounds
In my eternal state of boredom, I every now and then decide to make spreadsheets for various things Lusternia related. The first one was the damage spreadsheet I posted on the old forums. While I would link it, I'm in the process of updating it, so I'll link another.

This is a spreadsheet with all the completed/rejected envoy reports broken down by city/guild. 

Whenever I'm finished updating the damage spreadsheet I'll link it and there are at least 2 more spreadsheets I want to do, but they'll take up quite a bit of time.

Edit:
Note: This only counts reports that were completed/rejected and does not count any marked submitted/finalised/accepted/anything not completed/rejected.
With each new round of reports finished up I will try and update it every now and then.
Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
You can't really same the same, can you?
Zvoltz said:
"The Panthron"

Comments

• Should put some percentages in there as well, bro.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    God damn it, get it together, Tyro-I mean, Minstrels and Templars.

:(
  • So, removing the new cities/guilds because their numbers skew things.

Most frequest submitters
    Ebonguard
    Nekotai
    Shadowdancers
    Hartstone
    Balcktalon

MIA Envoy
    Shofangi
    Tahtetso
    Ur'Guard
    Ninjakari
    Nihilists

Most likely to succeed
    Moondancers
    Cacophony
    Paladins
    Ebonguard
    Shadowdancers

Bad Idea Bears
    Spiritsingers
    Ninjakari
    Blacktalon
    Shofani
    Ur'Guard

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Now you just need to list which envoy reported what!

Also, I don't think I've missed a report cycle yet.
  • Haha, oh Spiritsingers
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos said:

If you want to gather the info, sure.
    You also have a problem. Crazy. I've only missed maybe 1 cycle in my time as envoy and that was because I had a big derp and didn't have a laptop/comp to regularly use.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"

Neos said:
    Xenthos said:

If you want to gather the info, sure.
    You also have a problem. Crazy. I've only missed maybe 1 cycle in my time as envoy and that was because I had a big derp and didn't have a laptop/comp to regularly use.
    Hi, my name is Xenthos.

Have we met?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I agree, allow other guilds within the same org to mechanically take unused slots for the month.
  • Glom represent! Doing our duty as Envoys well.
    I do like that Glom's been pretty good at submitting.
  • Man, Neos, you have a pretty big problem, yourself. Seriously, who the hell spends the time to make a spreadsheet of envoy reports, of all the things out there? Maybe you and Xenthos should go be buddies in a support group.

Lerad said:
    Man, Neos, you have a pretty big problem, yourself. Seriously, who the hell spends the time to make a spreadsheet of envoy reports, of all the things out there? Maybe you and Xenthos should go be buddies in a support group.
    It was an idea that popped up in my head the other day, and it didn't even take that long. A minute or less counting them up for each guild. And google docs did all the math so I didn't. And as I said, I get bored a lot, especially without books and various other things to occupy my time.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Create a Bashing spreadsheet!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    Create a Bashing spreadsheet!
    I don't know what that means.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Print it out, roll it up, and hit people with it.
    Bad, Celina! BAD!
    After 3(!) days of coding and waiting for mudlet to unfreeze from downloading nearly 4k(!) news post, I've completed another spreadsheet! This time around it's focused on villages and how many times each org has swayed the villagers to their ways. I will fully admit some of the numbers may be off, due to the fact that it took more than 24 hours to download all the post needed, started from 204 to 3778 since I manually checked the first 203, and the fact that the connection on this laptop tends to drop out a lot, so had to redownload some pages, and I had a few bumps while coding it all. If I decide to clean up the post downloading code I may go back to recheck all the numbers on the spreadsheet. In addition, if anyone else would like to help verify all the numbers, I'm more than happy with sharing the code I used. 

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Hah, I did the same thing in a relational db just last week. Rather than doing it through mudlet, I used an external script connecting to api.lusternia.com to fetch and decode the news posts, then insert them into my db. Still took hours to complete though.
  • I'm pretty sure your Ptoma data is incorrect, at the very least. It's revolted more than 1 time.
    Glomdoring has owned Ptoma twice!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'd love to see a Spreadsheet on regime change. Orgs and Guild changes, with a breakdown by role.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

As I said, numbers may be off. For some reason none of the news post I checked with the code were for Ptoma. If I find a cleaner and more efficient way to gather the data, I'll update the numbers.

I considered an election spreadsheet, but it seems the Politics news posts were implemented a bit after elections, so a few names would be missing, so I decided not to do it.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • New Celest had Angkrag once.
    How did.
  • edited May 2013
    Well, apparently since I'm such a massive procrastinator, I decided to work on the spreadsheet on villages when I have a million other things to do.

Also, since I was already at it, I decided to do the aetherbubbles as well.

Edit: Based on their aetherflare grouping and totals, the aetherbubbles seem to be fairly accurate, although the villages are a bit harder to tell since their revolt groupings have been shifted around before, I believe.
  • Kalnid said:
    New Celest had Angkrag once.
    How did.
    There is a quest that brings in living miners that can then be influenced by orgs other than mag and glom.

So it's unusual but possible.

edited May 2013
    Not quite. Celest spawn killed the bulk of the village mobs so gloms couldn't influence them. They won the village this way and when spawn killing 3/4ths of a village resulted in winning a village it crested a huge RP issue, especially considering the admin had forces revolts when other orgs spawn killed villagers( stewartsville for instance revolted when the baby was killed a lot ) instead of being consistent they just wrote a quest to sweep it under the rug. Yay celest!
  • It astounds me that the Serenwilde has held not one bubble, but three. We usually don't even try.

When did this happen? o.O

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited May 2013
    Llandros said:

Kalnid said:

New Celest had Angkrag once.
    How did.

There is a quest that brings in living miners that can then be influenced by orgs other than mag and glom.

So it's unusual but possible.

Not so – that quest can only be done if you already own the village, and is undone when it revolts.

In other words, you have to take it before you can fill it with Chancelry dwarves.

While I won't participate in a redredging of the conversation over killing village mobs, I do feel like it should be pointed out: there's a big difference between killing a baby over and over in front of her family (all of whom you've promised to protect) to prevent someone from taking and killing him in the dead of night for a secret, hidden ritual, and killing the undead overseers while influencing the oppressed orcs. As always, Lusternia is a role playing game and we strive to achieve that as much as possible.

edited May 2013
    Yeah....perspective us a funny thing. Your theory hinges on the idea that the undead wouldn't care they were being murdered and upon liching or whatever, they would see the village under celest's influence and go "OH SASSAFRASS," and move on. I tend to adhere to a simple belief, "If it doesn't make sense, it probably didn't happen." I'm not so sure your explination makes sense, though not wanting to upset celest after their work does. A fraction of the population isn't going to overthrow a whole village. Didn't the undead dwarf guy even cause a huge stink afterwards? Even the event contradicts itself. I understand not wanting to piss off an org that worked really hard, but they had options that weren't spawn kill all the undead.

Tl;dr the bulk of the village was being murdered. Basically your saying the oppressed orcs just had more influence and import in the villages hierarchy. Which is lulzy considering they are oppressed.

Oh well, it's done and over with. I just prefer consistency!
  • I really dislike the, "It's fine, because RP" explanation. The storyline is adaptive- you can justify anything with clever story and roleplay. Unfairness, not so much. Any two organisations doing the same thing should be treated the same way, period.