Phoenixes

So is there an in game reason phoenixes, thunderbirds, and possibly chimaera don't emote like the rest of the mounts? It's been bothering me for a while now. I mean, everything else does. Just pondering if there's an in game reason for it or something.
Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Don't emote? You mean the generic "Paws the ground" thing?
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::

Enyalida said:
    Don't emote? You mean the generic "Paws the ground" thing?
    Alary means they don't perform reactive emotes when you pet them, etc. For example: 

You pet a green speckled, spritely pony with feathered wings ingratiatingly.
    A green speckled, spritely pony with feathered wings blinks incredulously at you.

You pet a green speckled, spritely pony with feathered wings ingratiatingly.
    A green speckled, spritely pony with feathered wings inches bashfully over to 
    you and nuzzles you tenderly.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Well, when you emote at spiders they have a set of emotes they do back (like scuttling).  I imagine that's what is being referred to.
  • That's exactly what I mean.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • If I recall correctly, chimaeras do react back.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    My nightmare used to react, didn't last time I checked. My Hydra doesn't react either. No beast love :(

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Timberwolves are the same way--used to emote, don't anymore.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Could you provide a list of mounts that don't seem to respond to emotes?
  • edited May 2013
    Ok, current list is:
    Phoenixes (Pyromancer mount)
    Chimaeras (This only seems to be some of them, it's a divided opinion)
    Basilisk? (Haven't checked that one out yet, nobody answered)
    Thunderbirds (Aeromancer mount)
    Snow Phoenixes (Again, dissenting opinion. Some say they do some say they don't.)
    Dragonturtles 
  • edited May 2013
    My basilisk doesn't respond to any emotes (or it hates me).

Edited to add on the ones divided:
    2 snow phoenixes, neither responds
    1 chimaera, no response

Others:
    1 nightmare, no response
    Nightmares and Hydras!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Fierce timberwolves, too.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited May 2013
    Mounts that should respond now:
    • Phoenixes
    • Thunderbirds
    • Morgfyre's Hydras
    • City Hunting Dogs (Mastiff, Greyhound, Retriever, Bloodhound)
    • Commune Hunting Wolves (Timberwolf, Direwolf)
    • Snow Phoenixes
    • Nightmares
    • Basilisks
    • Pegasus
    • Chimaeras
    • Rhinos
    • (Will further update as list continues)
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay you are awesome, thankyou! (Hydra is working!)

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    edited May 2013
    My rhino and basilisk don't respond, but I don't know if they ever did. :?
  • Isune, you are my hero. Thank you!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shikari's Worgs also don't respond to emotes.

Least, mine isn't.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    edited May 2013
    Pegasi, please! :D

• edited May 2013

Isune said:
    Mounts that should respond now:
    • Phoenixes
    • Thunderbirds
    • Morgfyre's Hydras
    • City Hunting Dogs (Mastiff, Greyhound, Retriever, Bloodhound)
    • Commune Hunting Wolves (Timberwolf, Direwolf)
    • Snow Phoenixes
    • Nightmares
    • Basilisks
    • Pegasus
    • Chimaeras
    • Rhinos
    • (Will further update as list continues)
    Also: typos found with the phoenixes and thunderbirds showing "me_himself" in an emote should be fixed now.
  • Yes, thank you for that. Sorry I'm a pain D: I'm just so happy now!
  • Thanks, Isune.

Will you please add pegasus to the list too? Thanks!
  • Zynna said:
    Thanks, Isune.

Will you please add pegasus to the list too? Thanks!
    Done!

Morkarion said:

Least, mine isn't.
    Still an existing issue, could you look into it when you've time please?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:

Morkarion said:

Least, mine isn't.
    In the case of Order beasts, I recommend informing your patron of the issue, as usually they have specific ideas about how they would like their beasts to RPly react.
    Isune said:
    Morkarion said:

Morkarion said:

Least, mine isn't.
    In the case of Order beasts, I recommend informing your patron of the issue, as usually they have specific ideas about how they would like their beasts to RPly react.
    Aha, fair enough. Only brought it up because I saw Morg Hydras on the list. Will inform @Shikari.

(these @ tags are awesome)

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Personally I have a distaste for the tags, for the following reasons:
    1) I already read the threads, and
    2) If someone quotes the post with the tag in it, it keeps notifying you.  Agh!

(Note that this is why I am not quoting your post)
  • edited May 2013
    You whisper soothing words to a deep purple phoenix.
    A deep purple phoenix vainly preens himself, tucking an errant plume back into place.

You pat a deep purple phoenix in a friendly manner.
    A deep purple phoenix flaps his wings, sending sparks skittering across their shimmering surface.

You hug a deep purple phoenix compassionately.
    A deep purple phoenix's eyes whirl with fiery colour, smouldering like hot coals.

They're such lovely reactions!
    Thanks Isune! ^:)^
  • @Caerulo, watch for the ambient. They glide and ripple the aether with heat, it's pretty awesome.
  • The thunderbird reaction and ambient messages are great too. Thank you, Isune! Staring at me with maelstrom eyes >> bashful nuzzling.

If I could make a tiny request, though, one of the thunderbird reactions has been bugging me: "A scintillating gold thunderbird beats his wings like a thunderclap, sending bolts of white-hot lightning flashing across their leathery surface." It always startles me a little because my thunderbird doesn't have leathery wings, but white-feathered ones. In addition, some thunderbirds have different-colored lightning; I've seen violet, green, red, black, crackling, and so on. Could the reaction be changed to reflect the wings and lightning of the thunderbird in question? Alternatively, you could just take out the "white-hot" (maybe replace it with "blinding" or "electrifying") and "leathery" altogether and let the rest stand. Thanks!
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.