UK (and Europeans!) Meet up theorycrafting

KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
So this September I'll be down in London, and apparently according to people who live in London if anything happens it seemingly has to happen in London.

Personally I disagree I think Manchester is a far nicer place but I'm rambling on.

Seeing as London is then a great gathering point for people and what not. I'm wondering how many of our UK and Euro folks would be interested in a meet? I'm throwing out September in London purely for personal convenience but this thread is open to all suggestions of times and places, as well as an idea of how many people would actually show up if it went ahead.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Comments

• September in London suits me fine, I'll be down until October.
  • I would certainly consider attending!
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I'm totally there if Iosai is.

(And probably even if she isn't).
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Tempted! Provided there's a cheapo Ryanair flight...
  • Will find out what I'm supposed to be doing in September and let you know my availability. If we get a date sorted fairly soon I can book it out and make sure I'm free.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm there the last weekend for an EVE Online meetup on the Saturday evening and NFL on the Sunday evening.

But I can take a few days either side for a meet up or during the daytime on the weekend.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Well, everybody who has posted here so far live right near each other and we're all in the north!

It makes sense!

(Manchester or Liverpool, please!)
  • Chade, you have to come to the meet dressed as a Climanti Warrior. Just sayin'.
    Actually, I live in London. So not everyone ;)
    Also for the record I'm vetoing Liverpool, horrible horrible place :p

• Clearly, there is a need of a neutral place. Might I suggest Sweden?
    Neutral would be Switzerland.

• People confuse Sweden with Switzerland all the time though. And Sweden is closer.
  • edited May 2013
    Sod off Matt, you big fat troll :p
  • You all should come to Ireland. :)

On the other hand, if we can get the date(s?) set, I'd be happy to go over. My mother said she'd come with me, and let me go off to meet you guys while she did her own thing! I LIKE THIS IDEA PEOPLE.
  • Anyways. If we do end up meeting in London. Anybody have any thoughts on a location?

The place we usually meet is really nice:

• As long as its not the 15th(and the day before/after that) it'll be good. 15th is my daddy's birthday!
  • I can make it if it's not on the weekend of the 20th :) already got an event I'm paid/booked for then.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
    If it's in London it'd be the weekend of the 27th

• I will plan to be there.
    Well for me (unless anyone wants to come to Eurogamer on the Friday!) it'd be either Friday evening or Saturday /Sunday daytime that I'm available. I've plans both evenings already.

Just to pencil in (not set anything in stone) what times would best suit you guys?

• As I alternate between Newcastle and London on a weekly basis, I'm happy to meet pretty much anywhere you guys want to (Edinburgh is fun :p).

If it's the last weekend in September then I'll make sure I'm free and available for all of it, so any time suits me just fine.
  • I can get home from London fairly easy, so timing's not so important.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • You're English? o.O

How come we never met on previous meets?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It could possibly have something to do with him not having played Lusternia in a while. But that's just some theory-crafting!
    edited June 2013
    I may not be available much of the last weekend in Sept as it's my birthday weekend, but pending what my friends end up making me do to celebrate I should be able to pop into the city for a bit :)
  • If no one minds I might come down, might be nice to see people and get caught up.
    Hello Shiri!

I'm sure nobody would mind.
    PS: Welcome back, whale!
  • BUMPING. ALL THE BUMPING.

I sort of need to plan it a couple of months ahead since work - my mother may be the manager, but she has to do the work schedule in advance, which means I need to give dates of when I want off. Also, she doesn't trust me going to London on my own, so she'd be travelling with me and needs the approval of works head office.