Texas

I've noticed quite a few players mentioning Texas lately. I will admit to currently living in the DFW area, where I am finishing my phd. 

I could probably arrange a location for you to meet up near Dallas, either at my university (where room is free) or more appropriately somewhere that offers more entertainment value. Unfortunately, I think I'm the only god currently in Texas, so you'll have to make do with just me. :)

Would there be an interest in me arranging such a thing?

Comments

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Hah, I would likely be in Texas by the time this happens (if it did). I would maybe go, Texas is a big state and Dallas isn't exactly close to where I'm moving. If there was enough interest and depending on my schedule around then I would consider it though.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I live in Arkansas, and I do happen to be going through there at some point to pick up my son from Austin. I doubt I'll be able to stop through at the time you plan this, but who knows?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I had no time period in mind, its an open invitation depending on response. (Though, I will be leaving the state for somewhere new when I get my phd next spring, so it has to be before then.) 

Some of you will see me in Las Vegas, either way!
  • I live in Austin and would also consider going to a meet-up, depending on interest and scheduling. I echo Turnus' sentiment about the scale of Texas, though; I'm definitely not used to cities in the same state being four hours away or more!
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
    Aaand about to be leaving Texas after a 2 week trip. I'll be back in Houston on a permanent basis starting Jully.

• I'm in the DFW area, so I would be interested, I suppose.
    Well I'm all moved into Texas. So raising this thread from the dead. I wouldn't mind a bit of a drive if it was to do/see something cool (like a state park/lazy river/brewery tour/etc). Either way would have to be a weekend though.

• I'm interested in a meet in the Texas/Ok area, how many players are around this area though? 
    Unfortunately there aren't a lot of us here, and it's a pretty spread out area to boot.  I would be up for something, but live in the Houston area so north Texas is a bit more than I am willing to drive, heh.

Something in southeast Texas I would be all for though.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Hey, I'll be in Houston for a little while around Christmas!
    Enyalida said:
    Hey, I'll be in Houston for a little while around Christmas!
    Well I'll be gone Christmas week, but if you're around before or after could meet up!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Lame! No, I'm flying back up to the ol' NC after Christmas week.