Question of the Day!

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Ciaran said:
    Shuyin said:
    P.S. no idea where the Reality rhetoric came from , but I've written the report months ago and it's even been pending for weeks now (even has 9 comments!). Just because there is a lack of interest on doing things immediately after the forum mob gets their pitchforks out (since I believe that immediate reactionary nerfs are dumb) does not mean there is a lack of interest in fixing it after analyzing the problem, checking to see if the situation remains the same after things have cooled off, and then making the right call.
    No interest in derailing the fun here, but having a report up and never submitting it = not putting up a report...  How you can justify submitting an unneeded flavor buff (change to claws) over fixing a really messed up skill is beyond me.

Feels like you're delaying.
    Since I'm defending my e-honor anyway, the way I do reports allows for more time to comment since all my drafts are written and I try and rotate my pending reports every few weeks, since I can only submit one report at a time. 

This way, I avoid kneejerk reactions to skills, I get more time to flesh out the report / have people comment on them, and I get to sit on my high horse and sneer down at other envoys who don't even try to report their own stuff and players who defend their own crazy OP skills under the guise of 'well the admin made it possible, must be okay'.

Now, back on topic....

As far as warriors are concerned, I think they are in a relatively good place now. I thought the last change to bring diminishing returns to high armour actually helped them out a ton when it comes to building wounds. Is this still an issue?

I would also agree that kata deflect (and tattoo armour) are what makes it so hard to fight a monk as a warrior.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Kata deflect from what I understand is from a time before tattoo armour, the combine of 80+ and the % DR is equal to masterplate, it's actually easier to wound Knights.

There's some issues with specific monks against Knights, having double hemi + blind as a 0 mo cost opener that builds momentum, or numbing balance kill hell from Ninjakari are both tuned strongly against Knights. But katadeflect + tattoo armour makes it hell to wound them, and that's before you find out they're an Acro to boot.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Well, if you're a maxed out pureblade you can fight anyone. Some specs have more issues than others. Like AL and BC probably have unfair times with acrobats. BM's aff requirements mean screwing an arm attack is balogna. I think tattoo armour is just too strong for a class that also gets such a solid offense, ontop of acrobatics, kata deflect and any wound reducing things that psymet has.
    edited May 2013
    I strongly disagree with that first line. Considering double hemi blind is a triple herb that's locking out my offence until it's cured, to which they can reapply without any prequisite. I've spent entire fights curing and unable to swing (requiring both arms) having to flee and cure before they simply restart it. Ninjakari again can completely lock out. I've been in a position where Haiden sat there letting me wail on her till she was double critical leg, the second one tendon (FU lacerate at critical) missed she was up and with the amount of hinder/stun/balance delay applied, by the time I actually had the ability to act and build any offence, she was fully cured and I was bleeding out 3k.

Now either MM is really broken against Monks, (not beyond impossible but someone would have spotted it by now) or PB isn't as good against Tahtetso/NK as you're thinking it is.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited May 2013
    Oh, I didn't mean to single you out if that's what you thought. I was comparing specs. But Ixion has proven he can fight anyone as a pureblade. He beat Xena consistently, as well as people like Thoros and others. Pureblade is as solid as warriors get.

I agree with Ssaliss about robe scaling. I fought a few people with robes worse than 50/50 and could consistently just lunge head and hack down to kill them without hitting other body parts. Only thing that would stop me is if they notice and start spamming hindering. I even managed to almost do that to Shedrin before he caught on. Stark contrast when people hit splendours where it becomes a lot harder and in some cases if they hinder a lot, really, really hard.
    Rivius said:
    Oh, I didn't mean to single you out if that's what you thought. I was comparing specs. But Ixion has proven he can fight anyone as a pureblade. He beat Xena consistently, as well as people like Thoros and others. Pureblade is as solid as warriors get.
    Not sure how he's getting around the hinderspam. I might as well take my hands off the keyboard as I spend the entire time in lockout, well except for once in a small while there's a tiny window of opportunity to strike, and deflect + tattoo armour means I score a minor clip.

I don't know either, but it's mostly just a very good rhythm of regeneration affs. He's on crown, which is known to have good curing, so that might also be it. Good curing is more important for a warrior than other classes imo.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    He could also have herbs active, which drastically speeds up herb balance. Herb cure spams are quite a bit less effective against herbalists.
    Maybe! I do agree that monks in general have some crazy hindering that makes it hard to fight through. It makes me think they need their defense shaven down a bit if their offense is so good.
  • ... That's a really good idea.

It keeps the processing away from the server and you could even add a few basic nice to haves like a chat window and optional gagging.
  • Some quick feedback:

@Shuyin: You are one of the envoys willing to actually slot nerfs, but the admin opposed the reality change last time. I was referring to admin being reasonable, not you.

@Monks:  Acrobatics also has elasticity ( cant test if this reduces wounds or just damage) and psymet gets psiarmour (which DOES reduce wounds) and forcedsymm, both requiring locked channels.  I brought up the issues with monk V warrior in the ideas for envoys thread. There were no replies, so we moved on.

@M&M: It had huge issues with monks, I've broken it at least once as a nekotai, and three or four times as a Ninjakari.  These bugs should all be fixed by now, but when people complain about dying I look at the log and generally find a cure flaw (Which last time I let vadi know as the person who showed the log didnt).   I look at logs, and I use those to either find the bugs or if something isnt touchable, it tells us what to nerf.

I do support removing natural miss from phys guilds, I do not really see the purpose.  For monks it gives a fail rate (which I dont understand in PvE), for warriors it just adds another layer of crap.  Both already deal with parry/stance/rebounding, last thing they needed was another fail.  Give all casters a miss rate and watch the screaming.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    For warriors and monks, the effects of RNG and parry/stancing definitely need to be toned down and the classes rebalanced to account for the differences.  Less of a wide range of value in power between situations, more of an even keel. Toning down the effects of armor also goes into that. 
  • @M&M - I've heard quite a few folks complain about M&M curing monks.. Several people telling me that I keep crashing it. I'm pretty sure that you're dealing with quite a few bugs there.
    @Ninjakari and Numbs - Hopefully, ninjas will have an envoy soon. Sahmiam requested for Morg to make me Envoy a few weeks ago but we haven't had a response. Our first plan is to
    address the issues with oolibah(numbs). I agree that the balance malus is too much.

• Rivius said:

No he didn't. He fought me once when I was a level 80 non-trans'd guild skills monk, and would never fight me again. =(
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
    edited June 2013
    Well, something like that would mean making a spec switch would not cost me over 800 credits to keep my runes....
    That's kind of the point...
    And it also means that crap ton of credit investment you've had can be used to hunt AND PK with without "WAIT GUYS, I GOTTA TEMPER ABOUT 600 STAT POINTS UP AND DOWN"

Oh, I've always just hunted with my combat weapons...
  • I haven't fought in a long time, but I remember one of the biggest things that ticked me off with me fighting a monk as a BC (or any warrior for that matter) was parrying not activating coule or riposte. That doesn't make any since, especially seeing as how the AB says: respond to a parry with a strike...? That would help a bit in warrior combat. As far as simplifying things, I cant give a very valid response since I haven't played much in a long time. But adding in the two new cities with all the new guilds/skills is when everything tipped drastically. The changes were done too fast considering the size of the playerbase. More players means more information and more positions filled (like envoys) and more fighters to help flesh out issues. If Lusternia would just take a RL year or two to concentrate on advertising (as they said they would, its a good idea) and fixing bug issues, and working on balancing the skills out instead of working on adding adding adding and speed speed speed, just slow it down and take a step back to breathe for a second.

My opinions on improvements: Harder to get levels, there shouldn't be five thousand demigods running around dominating people. It should take year/s to achieve this, not a month.

Eliminate certain afflictions that aren't used which were mentioned in the other thread started be Estarra.

Fix known bugs and encourage finding new ones to fix

Slow down development and concentrate on fixing, not adding.

Give envoys the chance to submit multiple reports if another guild's envoy is non-existant or not playing. Like the envoy says over the envoy channel "hey (god) so and so isn't here, can I have his slot? ok"

I like the idea of wounding effecting everyone the same, like having robes/armour effecting damage levels only and not wounding levels. Also adding in higher momentum levels like up to 7 or 8 with reducing the current ka levels to reflect that...such as level 5 now would be level 8 after.

Have ents deal damage/afflictions if killed by another player. So that if I as a warrior killed a celestines angel in an attempt to rape their face then the angel would bring its flaming sword down one last time dealing a good amount of damage, aflame, and a couple other affs. So it would still be viable to do, but would cost something to the offender.

As I have stated before it is very good of the admin to ask for feedback from the players on issueds like this, and I don't mean to offend in any of this. The admin are really trying to make Lusternia better and it is possible to have quick simple solutions, and more complex solutions take place in time. Keep working and asking the players (especially envoys) for advice and lists of bugs/solutions/advice and things will get fleshed out eventually.

edited June 2013
    ... I hope you are joking.

Edit: PS, that is to Rivius (as it was pointed out there was a post in between mine and his that I had not seen)
    Xenthos said:
    ... I hope you are joking.
    All of this. How the hell do you hunt with min damage weapons? That's like, gods the bashing would be so slow...

Not to mention weapons that are not max speed.  That's the true killer.
    edited June 2013
    Turns out damage actually doesn't vary that much...Not enough to make a noticeable difference....
  • The speed difference is so great for me that I often stop and go, "Wait a freaking minute... sipping fire doesn't do anything, why am I still frozen?!" when I forget to switch.
    Rivius said:
    Turns out damage actually doesn't vary that much...Not enough to make a noticeable difference....
    Damage can modify things by a few percent.  Speed is an enormous factor.
    Eh, I used to use broadswords with decent damage and speed and honestly didn't find it helped all that much. Never had issues with hunting ever.
    Seriously, try a set of max-speed weapons and compare to your PK weapons.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tradeskill Envoy please.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.