Nocht Stalks Gabriella, Avurekhos, and Calythan, Inspiring A Cruel Twist of Events

(PART ONE - IN THE SERENWILDE FOREST)

You feel icy fingers gently brush your cheek as muffled voices whisper in your ear.

You have emoted: Gabriella blinks and looks up, glancing around.

The Mother Moonhart Tree.

The variety of trees that crowd around the Moonhart Mother Tree goes beyond count, elms and alders, beech and cherry, hawthorn and hazel, evergreen and oak, all dwarfed by the magnificence and majesty of the mother tree herself. The grasses and shrubs that grow in the surrounding forest become scarce as they approach the tree, replaced by tiny wildflowers of amethyst-purple and marble-white. The veil to the ethereal plane is particularly thin, and the laughter of pixies and other creatures of the fae tinkle down from the treetops and tickle the ears of those below. The atmosphere itself, although benign and welcoming, also vibrates with a palpable power, sending shivers up the skin. A sedge of galingale is firmly planted in the forest floor. Sprays of chervil cover the forest floor. A marjoram bush flourishes here, spreading its delicate scent. Singing a hauntingly beautiful melody, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, stands here. Towering high above is the Moonhart Mother Tree, stretching her enormous branches heavenwards. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. There are 5 kephera nature warders here. There are 2 small screech owls here. Covered in bone armour, watching you warily, a silver-furred vixen sniffs the air. There are 4 fierce timberwolves here. A mature birch tree stands proudly here. Hovering over a raised dais are two silver arrows, their long shafts crossed with the points aimed skywards. On the ground here lies a leaf-bound book. An illustrated canvas hangs in the air here, supported by silvery ribbons. There are 5 frost hags here. There are 15 centaur hunters here. Watching you warily, a silver-furred vixen sniffs the air. There are 5 armoured owls here. A moon maiden floats here, her form swathed in glowing cloth. An elfen guard strolls here, alert and vigilant. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. Joyfully growing from the soil, a small bluebell with curling petals is here. A grand, spotted brown stag with a fluffy dun tail wanders about here, his head held regally. Avurekhos is down on all fours, baaing like a plaintive little sheep. He wields a viciously serrated, diamond-edged katana of sterling damascus with both hands.

You see exits leading north, south, and through a vined stairway.

Avurekhos blinks.

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope smiles somewhat absently at Avurekhos.

Avurekhos tilts his head curiously at you.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout exclaims to you, "Thoughts, thoughts and more thoughts scream across your face!"

Avurekhos smiles softly.

You laughingly say to Avurekhos, "My dear, I would have thought you would be out hunting your way to demigod."

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout laughingly says, "I don't want to burn myself out."

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout says, "Hunting again shortly."

Avurekhos smiles softly.

A swirling of silver frost descends from the canopy and a giggling that whistles between the branches sings across the clearing.

"Oooooooooh!" Avurekhos says, eyes wide with wonder.

"Uhh..." stalls Avurekhos.

You have emoted: Gabriella exhales, a look of relief crossing her face.

Avurekhos blinks.

Softly, you say, "Calythan?"

Avurekhos shifts his eyes suspiciously from side to side.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout says to you, "Mother, I think my eyes are fooling around with me again..."

Avurekhos coughs softly.

You have emoted: Gabriella shifts uneasily.

You say, "What did you see?"

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout asks you, "You felt the skeletal hands reaching out for your throat..and saw it?"

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout asks, "Mother, you should uhm, move?"

Avurekhos peers about himself unscrupulously.

Quietly, you say, "You are not imagining things."

You say, "Or rather, it is not yourself causing you to imagine them."

Exhaling, you say, "Why should I move, dear one?"

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout asks, "Uhm, the hands seem to look like they might...harm you?"

You have emoted: Gabriella shifts, slowly looking behind herself.

A faint chill settles in around your neck as you feel fingers circle around.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout says, "Like, right now..."

The swirling frosts recede as if startled and disperse, and the giggling becomes a vague gasp of fear that fades into the swishing sounds of swaying branches.

You have emoted: Gabriella closes her eyes, fingers curling into tight fists as she stands rigidly.

"Uhh..." stalls Avurekhos.

You gasp, "Calythan."

Avurekhos blinks.

You have emoted: Gabriella lifts her hands to touch her neck reflexively, a slight tremor running up her spine.

Her voice wavering, you say to Avurekhos, "Pay no mind to the Shadows."

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout blinks a few times before he looks upon you with caution.

You shiver violently.

You say to Avurekhos, "I am - I am fine."

"Eek!" Avurekhos shouts in fright.

Avurekhos clears his throat.

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout asks, "Who is that!?"

You say, "What do you mean, Avurekhos?"

The feeling around your neck dissipates, quickly followed by a sense of relief.

You have emoted: Gabriella's hands rub at her throat, gasping softly, an expression of relief crossing her face.

You say to Avurekhos, "W-what did you see?"

A shadowy figure rises up behind Avurekhos, looming silently. It reaches forward, skeletal hands drawing nearer and nearer to the child's throat.

Shifting his eyes side to side, Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout says, "Some thing...whispered into my ear..."

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope gasps, lunging towards Avurekhos. Sharply, she calls out, "Lord Nocht, leave him be! He has no part in this!"

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope grasps Avurekhos by the hand, jerking him towards herself.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Nocht's lips.

Avurekhos blinks.

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope protectively stands in front of her son, staring up at Nocht.

Tilting His head, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "I do not remember you having a child, dear Gabriella."

Despite a quaver in her tone, you say to Nocht, "Leave my children be. They are innocent."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "There is no such thing in this age, child."

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope keeps herself firmly planted between Avurekhos and Nocht, clutching her cudgel in her hand.

You say, "They have no part in Your quarrel with me."

You say, "In that, they are innocent."

Nocht ponders you thoughtfully, looking you up and down.

You say, "But yes, I had no child before. Now I have two of my bloodlines."

The faintest trace of a smile touching His lips, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Two? My my...."

Fiercely, you say to Nocht, "And no matter how insignificant I may be to anyone, Divine or Mortal, I will not allow harm to come to them if I may help it, while I have breath in my body."

A ribbon of silver frost encircles the clearing, clinging to the flora protectively. A whisper from the trees protests, "I won't let you hurt the flowers!"

Nocht, the Silent tilts His head to one side, looking around curiously.

Her gaze flickering about, her voice low, you say, "Stay out of this. You will get hurt."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "What's this? A pet of Hers, perhaps?"

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope takes a step towards Nocht, seeking to engage His attention.

You say, "Nevermind that, my Silent Lord. Your quarrel is with me."

The frost creeps steadily across the clearing toward the Moonhart Mother Tree and the two mortals. As it gains ground, a humanoid figure takes shape in a flurry of snowflakes and frail ice crystals.

Avurekhos opens his eyes wide with shock.

Shaking her head abruptly, fingers reaching out to the hazy figure, you say, "No, Calythan!"

Ignoring Gabriella, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Hello there, little one."

Avurekhos tilts his head curiously at Nocht.

You let loose a long breath from your lungs, exhaling slowly.

At once, the frost coalesces into the timid manifestation of Calythan, the Morning Frost, whose fists are clenched defiantly and whose face is a flushed cerulean.

You have emoted: Gabriella closes her eyes briefly.

His voice a thousand clattering branches, quaking and nervous, Calythan, the Morning Frost says, "Th-the flowers are scared, Mister Shadow Tree. Pl-please leave them alone."

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope bites her lower lip, gaze flickering anxiously between Nocht and Calythan.

Holding out His hand, His voice eerily soft and serene, Nocht, the Silent says, "I meant them no harm, child. Here, let Us leave to speak of the flowers."

Sharply, you exclaim, "Calythan!"

Warningly, you say to Calythan, "Do not go with Him!"

His eyes squeezed closed in fear, Calythan, the Morning Frost says, "Pl-please just go, because they're really nice and th-they are frightened. I scared them once an-and I did not mean to, and Yo-You should just say sorry."

You reach out and touch a translucent crystal bindi.

The crystal warms against your forehead, colours tinting the edges of your vision as you call out for the Bloom of Serenity.

(Ays Andeystelis): You say, "MOTHER."

Avurekhos clears his throat.

Drawing closer, His voice soft, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Of course..."

Calythan, the Morning Frost holds his hands nervously at his sides and shrinks away from Nocht involuntarily.

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope darts over to Calythan, arms reaching out to him.

Nocht, the Silent makes a dismissive gesture towards Gabriella.

A centaur hunter taps his forehead with his spear as you leave.

Noble oaks.

The area is bathed with argent light as a thrumming power in the ground resonates from a war shrine of Lisaera nearby. A light cover of clouds hides the sky in a sheet of white. Sprays of chervil cover the forest floor. A hornbeam sapling clings tenaciously to the ground here. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem.

You see exits leading northeast, east, and northwest.

You are transported by the power of the Divine.

You shed high elfen form and flow as a spirit through the verdant leaves, embracing the physical once more and arrive at the Mother Moonhart Tree.

You say, "You will not get rid of me so easily!"

You say to Nocht, "Leave him be!"

Calythan, the Morning Frost squeaks in protest and jumps between Nocht and you.

(Ays Andeystelis): You say, "Mother, I need You!"

You exclaim, "Calythan, get away!"

Nocht, the Silent grasps the ephemeral's hand roughly, twisting it as several tendrils of shadow lash out, striking deeply into his back, leaving deep wounds.

You exclaim, "NO!"

You have emoted: Hierophant Gabriella Myeras, Blossoming Hope throws herself at Nocht, trying to tear Calythan away from Him.

Still holding tight to the wounded ephemeral, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Maylea will be next, little one."

Filled with disgust, you spit directly in Nocht's face.

Nocht, the Silent shoves Calythan to the ground, turning to leave.

Nocht raises an eyebrow questioningly.

You say to Nocht, "I will NEVER allow that to happen."

With the smallest flick of His finger, Nocht sends you flying headlong into the depths of the Astral Plane.

A kephera nature warder touches his headdress in salute toward you as you leave.

A floating river of blood in a blue sky.

Waving in the astral winds, a sparkleberry bush drinks up the power laden atmosphere here.

You hold the Flame of dae'Seren aloft and an emerald light shines forth, revealing a hazy hallway of ancient trees. You walk through the hallway, feeling the ancestral spirits welcome you.

Halls of the Spirits.

The Mother Moonhart Tree.

You spit on the ground in disgust.

You say, "EVER."

Calythan, the Morning Frost opens his enormous, sprite-like eyes wide and gasps. Immediately, he begins to unravel into a dense cloud of frost, which then fades into the air.

You gaze around in awe-struck horror, your eyes wide.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "You have no say in the matter."

Nocht inclines His head politely to those around Him.

Avurekhos creases his brow in a frown.

You say to Nocht, "I will."

The surrounding shadows wane, falling back in despondent melancholy as the form of Nocht, the Silent dissolves into wisps of shadow.

Lodge Keeper Avurekhos Myeras, Jaguar Scout says, "No..."

You have emoted: Gabriella falls to her knees.

You whisper, "Calythan."

--------
"You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
--------
The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Wow, seeing the other side of Nocht, after seeing the soft spoken encourager who speaks like a parent to a small child, is fricking weird, but at the same time immensely awesome. So used to Divines gaining fear and respect through brute power, to see one using such manipulation instead is brilliant.

I hope you continue to paste out this storyline because it's very interesting to read. Also every Divine needs a head in their fulcrux, the fact I'd only just put that there and the mental image of Sidd's head being used like a puppet had me burst out laughing.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Deliciously creepy! Go Nocht! :)
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Can't we keep Calythan and corrupt him?
  • edited June 2013
    Morkarion said:
    Wow, seeing the other side of Nocht, after seeing the soft spoken encourager who speaks like a parent to a small child, is fricking weird, but at the same time immensely awesome. So used to Divines gaining fear and respect through brute power, to see one using such manipulation instead is brilliant.

I hope you continue to paste out this storyline because it's very interesting to read. Also every Divine needs a head in their fulcrux, the fact I'd only just put that there and the mental image of Sidd's head being used like a puppet had me burst out laughing.
    It's funny - the story has been going on for two years now, stemming from that one event, but only now is it really starting to flower (no pun intended).  I have no doubt it's because Maylea is in a "weak moment," injured as she is, and isn't able to intervene between Gabriella and Nocht, (whereas before, the hauntings stopped all together for a long time when Gabby had finally talked to Maylea about it).  And it's weird - as scary as he's being with manipulation and trickery, He still speaks a little to Gabriella as you described, a parent to a small child - he wants to teach her something, and she (and I) have no idea what it is or ultimately what he wants to do with her (if anything) in the end - but that's okay, because this entire thing is amazeballs. *sagenod*

Also yeah, seeing the head being puppeteer-ed was brilliant too, deliciously creepy.

Also, Gabriella is insane to spit on a Divine.  I have no idea where she gets her audacity at times, certainly not from me. ._.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Even Shaddus has never spit on a divine. Just saying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Yeah that bit is reckless, Mork loathes Eventru but he's not that brash.

Gods help us all if Gabby ever becomes a combatant.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Her children and someone as dear to her as her family was being harmed, and she can't exactly be a combatant, so desperation drives her to strange new levels? >.>
    --------
    --------
  • Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Whatever helps you cope, My dear."

That <3
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I was really surprised he didn't just murder you when you spat on him, to be honest.  Apparently he wanted the RP more.

• Xenthos said:
    I was really surprised he didn't just murder you when you spat on him, to be honest.  Apparently he wanted the RP more.
    Yeah, I was pretty surprised too. >.>
    --------
    --------
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    But why would He kill you now when he can leave you terrified that he'll do it later? Death is so fleeting. Fear is eternal.
  • This has been a fun little RP.
  • Yeaahhh, Maymay's reaction was as bad as Gabby was afraid of. D:  Poor Gabriella is being tormented. *flails*

Seriously though, such fun.
    --------
    --------
  • edited June 2013
    I don't think I've ever mentioned this to you before, but every time you call Maylea "Mother" it just makes me giggle internally, 'cus of your relationship with Sarrasri. 
    Gabriella said:
    Also, Gabriella is insane to spit on a Divine.  I have no idea where she gets her audacity at times, certainly not from me. ._.
    Clearly she got it from her Da. : D

• Lehki said:
    I don't think I've ever mentioned this to you before, but every time you call Maylea "Mother" it just makes me giggle internally, 'cus of your relationship with Sarrasri. 
    Gabriella said:
    Clearly she got it from her Da. : D
    Ha.  Hey, not Gabby's fault she has a bad relationship with Sarrasri. >.>  But you forget - Gabriella calls Maylea 'mother' because she IS her mother, for all intents and purposes.
    --------
    --------
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Come join the Shadows, Gabriella.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Well, that would make things difficult.

• Siam said:
    Come join the Shadows, Gabriella.
    Nnnneeveerr! *flail*
    --------
    --------