A Continuation: Mahin Reveals the Truth to Gabriella; Hiriako Has a Disturbing Conversation

edited June 2013 in Event Scrolls

(This first part is provided for context, as it took place while Gabriella slumbered. She has not heard of this conversation from Hiriako, or is aware that he experienced this.)

(Ays Andeystelis): Maylea says, "Hiriako... do you have a moment for Me?"

(Ays Andeystelis): You say, "I do, Mother."

<Travel Spam>

The Bloom of Serenity fades into view slowly.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity raises Her head weakly at your approach, Her faded eyes fixing upon you.

You have emoted: Greywalker Hiriako Myeras steps forward with a gentle smile, looking over Maylea with a clear concern. 
"Mother... You seem tired." He takes up position before Maylea, glancing once more at the injured arm. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity whispers, "Something strange has come upon Me... worse I feel than when the thing
 sank its teeth into My flesh!" She is a radiant immortal and suffers under the effect of some unknown malady. The familiar aura of power that usually plays across
Her slender form is faint and fragmented, its colour muted. The dark hair streaked with blue falls limply against a face grown haggard,
and the golden eyes, usually so alive with the continued musings of Her heart, are faded into a warm grey, listless and lost. She is
wearing a woven sari edge in prismatic embroidery, a trailing rainbow sash, an armband of twining vines, a sky-hued bluebell,
a translucent crystal bindi, an anklet hung with crystal chimes and bloodied bandages wrapped about Her left arm. You have emoted: Greywalker Hiriako Myeras brings a hand over in a comforting gesture, setting it gently upon Maylea's unharmed wrist.
"A poison strong enough to wound You is terrifying," he whispers, almost muttering as he listens. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity whispers, "Something changed, Hiriako... the thing was set to heal, I swear. I know many poisons,
and the changes are fast, if subtle to begin. There is a redness or a heat, but neither plagued Me until a weave had passed from the bite.
Do you in truth think it is a strange new poison?" With a moment's hesitation, you say, "I've seen what the soulless poison can do. But no, not necessarily a poison.
Something though, and I am worried." Maylea, Bloom of Serenity extends the afflicted arm, and pulls gently upon the end of the bandage. The bloodied fabric unwinds from Her limb. She stops as the edge of the deep wound becomes visible. A redness lingers upon the flesh around the wound, yes, but more startling still are the lines running from the wound upwards
towards Her heart. They are not red like the lines of infection, but faintly glowing, shifting from one colour to the next. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity whispers, "It is like it feeds upon what I am... what poison does that? It is like a curse, robbing My unique
strength and turning it against Me... what do you make of it, Hiriako?" You have emoted: Greywalker Hiriako Myeras emote leans forward, taking a moment to better look at the wound upon Maylea's arm.
He does not balk at the sight of the injury itself, the redness expected with a cut this great. Rather, the strange lines cause him to pause,
jaw hung half open in surprise. "I've never seen anything of the sort, Mother. I..." He shakes his head suddenly, pausing as he delves into his mind
to think, of anything that may have acted like this before. "I have seen a few things that would consume another to make itself more powerful.
But never to a Divine, unless..." He hesitates once more, looking up at Maylea's face with worry in his eyes, "Your words make me think of the
Primal Gods." Maylea, Bloom of Serenity recovers the wound and the strange lines, grimacing in pain, as She whispers,
"Something changed last weave, somewhere around half a month ago. I cannot tell you how, but I must task you with trying to
find out what it was. Perhaps another of the Gods have concocted some ritual to curse Me..." Maylea closes Her eyes and inhales deeply, absorbing the scent of Her surroundings. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity whispers, "Please keep this close to heart for now. I would that none know except the Inner Order.
Perhaps between you and Gabriella, something can be discerned, yes?" With a solemn nod, you say, "I will share this with none but her, Mother. I will also start my search. If Gabriella has not told You,
I know that Nocht has been showing Himself around her and our son recently, attempting to scare them I believe." Maylea, Bloom of Serenity whispers grimly, "I will attend to that when I am able." You say, "He'll have to go through a stubborn old mule in myself. I know I cannot stand up to even the weakest of the Gods,
but...I can be annoying. I'll see what I can find out about this, Mother, with all the haste I can muster." Maylea, Bloom of Serenity whispers, "Thank you, Hiriako. I will keep to My portion of the havens for now, lest someone
discover My weakness." Maylea, Bloom of Serenity shakes Her head and sighs, whispering, "I can only have faith that determining this cause will lead us to a cure." You say, "I am Your hand. I will perform this task, and seek what I can. Do rest well, and please let me know if there is anything
I can acquire for even temporarily relief. I will talk to Ella and see if she has any thoughts before I go randomly wandering." Maylea smiles softly. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity leans forward to kiss you upon the forehead, a familiar act, and yet this time the heat from her
wounded arm can be felt, a dull reminder of Her condition. Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I have faith in you both." The Serene Goddess fades from view, gone in an instant to Her place in the havens.
--------
"You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
--------
The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    This Nocht / Maylea story arc is really intriguing.  Thank you for sharing it.

I don't tend to see much Nocht RP since it's mostly confined to his order & Maylea's order, but it's always very well done when I get to see snippets.
  • I have more that I could share, but I don't want to break the spamming rule. >.>
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You could just add it to this thread, or the other one!