Comparing armour stats to DMP

The stats on my robes are 52/54, while my current tattoo weight offers 33/33 and a 20/20 DMP bonus if armour is not worn (10/10 DMP with robes on). As I understand it, DMP and armour stats are not the same sort of figures, which leaves me wondering...are the robes still the better choice until my tattoo weight is raised, or would the 20/20 DMP offset the lacking armour stats with the tattoos? How do these different numbers compare to each other?

Best Answer

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Accepted Answer
    I'd go for the robes. The big thing robes (and armor stats) do is protect against wounding. As I understand it, reducing the damage a warrior does via dmp also lowers their wounding somewhat, by some arcane formula, but not as much as an equivalent reduction in damage via armor stats. I'd take the higher armor value and 10 less dmp until you have the hilariously powerful full tattoo armor stats.

Answers

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    For a monk, if you become a Transcendant tattooist, you'll not touch robes.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Yes, I know that. That was not my question :P