Things You Didn't Know That Changed Your E-Life

2»

Comments

• Ssaliss said:
    Rancoura said:
    Learning how to read backlogs instead of just the current one with READLOG GLOMDORING 0 1, etc.

For further mind-blowing, try READLOG GLOMDORING 0 1 FAVOUR, which will show all notes with the word "favour" in it.
    Or readlog glomdoring 0 1 !favour for everything that DOESN'T have favour in it (useful for filtering out credit sales and omniscience, although it doesn't seem to work on listofferings).

• Kio said:
     RN - read the first currently unread news post. RM - read the first currently unread message.
    Properly speaking, RM reads the message in your inbox immediately after the last one you read, if there is one. RMU reads the oldest one you've never seen before. Dunno if RN works the same way.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    You can energylink yourself to drain power.

What the foozle.
  • For those testing newbies, GUILD INVENTORY <item> actually filters out what you're searching for these days.
  • I still think you should've won Talthos that time, Iosai.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I didn't know about AdvancedTeleport.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    CHANGELOG SEARCH <blah>

Would have been useful to know before I trawled through about 200 changelogs trying to check a half-remembered little change.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2013
    Vadi said:
    flyers shows you the people flying above

who here shows the people in your room, in a nice list without titles (although I think GMCP also offers this info now, for the script-inclined)
    I don't know what my life was like before I discovered WHO HERE. Indispensable.
  • Some of these are probably more obvious and useful than others, but:

- LOOK AT <clothing/jewelry/weapon/instrument/etc.> ON <person> lets you see the descriptions of other people's worn or wielded items without having to ask them to show it off. Perfect for discreetly oohing and aahing over Isune's gown or preserved snowflake!

- Coltsfoot can be substituted for flowers in designs with flower comms and usually (I think) in quests.

- MSGS CONVERSATION <person> lets you look through all the messages you received and sent to one person, which can be great for retracing what you've told or heard from that person, especially if you have a terrible memory like I do or receive a lot of messages.

- Also, I really like that you can PRAY TO <god> at any of their shrines if you have a request, want to ask a question, or just want to tell them something. It just makes the gods feel so accessible ICly, in a way that having the option of messaging them doesn't. 
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Irillia said:

- MSGS CONVERSATION <person> lets you look through all the messages you received and sent to one person, which can be great for retracing what you've told or heard from that person, especially if you have a terrible memory like I do or receive a lot of messages.

This one's new to me!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It also doesn't work if the other person deletes their messages, as Svorai informs me on a semi-regular basis.

/me is a compulsive message deleter.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Aeral said:
    I didn't know about AdvancedTeleport.
    I'm pretty sure this is brand new, either in the latest changelog or the latest envoy report.

My life was made easier when I found out that I could ADMINMESSAGE, GUILDMESSAGE, and COMMUNEMESSAGE when I've forgotten what they say.

Also, GIVE <item> CONFIRM (prefaratory text) is an awesome, awesome thing.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PROJECTS IN <group> - I think this one should be listed in the scrolls undersecs are allowed to see, if not newbies, amazingly useful tool for finding the project you forgot about.
    Thirdeye gives WHO a very nice feature, where it provides a tabled list of everyone visible, and shows the room they're in.
    The closest point to the base of Avechna where PATH TO PEAK works is a room about two down from the main road on the secret trail from Bob's to the Path of Harmony.
    Related to this, as long as you mention the stage, library, and Avechna's Peak in the same sentence, you can use one for all three wanderers. The timer on them makes it a little tougher these days to get huge herds, but this lets you grab them quickly if there's competition.
    ALIASLIST and its accompanying syntaxes. It's not as robust as Mudlet/MUSH/z|cMud, but you can still use it for things that don't change very often, like CFS for CREDITS FOR SALE, or making quick aliases to get you past passworded doors.
    You can OFFER CORPSES FONT so that you use your artie font and not the shrine in the room.
    Apologies for the double-post, but:

Dramube is an anagram of Bermuda.

Yes. Really.

Thank @Ankastra for pointing that out to me.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Not sure if this counts, but when using the Mudlet Mapper to "goto" a place, you can append a movement style on the end like sprint, dash, gallop or glide... and it will use it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Lendren said:
    For shopkeepers, IH UNPRICED in your stockroom.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!