September Meet - New York City

Comments

• Zouviqil said:
    Kelly said:
    So a few of us want to catch Wicked on Broadway. We're shooting for the show at 2 PM Sunday, the 22nd. Please let me know within the next few days if you're interested in going so that we can try to arrange seating. Tickets are going to run anywhere between $100-150 depending on where we sit. Also if anyone is going to NYU and could hook us up with their discount (or something similar), that would also be sweet!
    Nobody will go see Wicked with me, or go to Broadway with me. You have my interest.

Not an NYU student, but a CUNY (New York City College of Technology) student. That get any discounts?
    YES. As a student you can join the TDF for $10, and then buy tickets to pretty much any broadway play for $50 or less. Off-broadway is like $10/ticket. Can buy up to 8 tickets/show.

If that doesn't work out, you guys can also check out the TKTS booths (try the South Street Seaport booth on Saturday for the Sunday matinee).

Google the Theatre Development Fund.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Talan said:

Zouviqil said:
    Kelly said:
    So a few of us want to catch Wicked on Broadway. We're shooting for the show at 2 PM Sunday, the 22nd. Please let me know within the next few days if you're interested in going so that we can try to arrange seating. Tickets are going to run anywhere between $100-150 depending on where we sit. Also if anyone is going to NYU and could hook us up with their discount (or something similar), that would also be sweet!
    Nobody will go see Wicked with me, or go to Broadway with me. You have my interest.

Not an NYU student, but a CUNY (New York City College of Technology) student. That get any discounts?
    YES. As a student you can join the TDF for $10, and then buy tickets to pretty much any broadway play for $50 or less. Off-broadway is like $10/ticket. Can buy up to 8 tickets/show.

If that doesn't work out, you guys can also check out the TKTS booths (try the South Street Seaport booth on Saturday for the Sunday matinee).

Awesomeness, thank you! There's actually a TKTS booth right by my school - it's a block and a half from 1 MetroTech Center.
  • Zouviqil said:
    Talan said:

Zouviqil said:
    Kelly said:

Awesomeness, thank you! There's actually a TKTS booth right by my school - it's a block and a half from 1 MetroTech Center.
    Actually, I just came back here to post that I checked and Wicked is never available at TKTS, nor NYU's voucher program.

You can buy discount tickets if you join the TDF though. It's actually available to students from anywhere for $30, $10 for CUNY students.

Have fun kiddos.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Two more weeks!
  • So I want to reserve us a fairly nice resturaunt for saturday that won't burn too much of a hole in anyone's pocket. Gonna post a few options that caught my eye here and see if anyone has a preference.

Angus' (Contemp. American): http://www.opentable.com/angus?scpref=157

Blue Water Grill (Seafood): http://www.opentable.com/blue-water-grill-jazz-room?scpref=157 (menu link is in the info box)

There are tons more, but here's a small list nearby Times Square. If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free! If I don't get a general consensus, I'll just pick a resturaunt at random by the end of the week ;)
    I don't know the places over there, but they do look a bit on the pricy side. And. Lots of fish. I vote for the Greek place, seems least likely to kill me via fish. Kellari.
  • They're meant to be a tad pricey. 'Tis a special occasion after all
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    It's okay, Revan's buying. And I don't have a preference.

Also I'm going to try to get my Wicked tickets later. Dunno if anyone has seat preference, mezzanine or otherwise, but if not will just pick something!
  • I like Italian. I'll find something to eat at anywhere we go, though. I'd like to not go tooo crazy on prices if we can help it, special occasion or not.
  • Also unsure if I can stay long enough for Wicked on Sunday. I may have to leave on Sunday so I can work on Monday evening. Won't know till next Tuesdayish though.
  • My preferences match Sidonie's. Like italian, but I'll be fine anywhere long as it's not TOO pricey.
    Okay, so Xena and I bought Wicked tickets. Again, we're going to the Sunday (22nd) show at 2 pm in the Gershwin Theatre. We took the left-side front mezzanine seats in the second row (Row B, Seats 9 and 11) and figure anyone else who wants to join us can fill out the seats to our left (or you can sit somewhere where you don't have to associate with us :) ). I ordered from Ticketmaster (link); it came out to $144.95. There are cheaper seats I think around $80-90 if you don't mind the back. Come with if you like!
  • For those of you not attending the Wicked show, I will be bumming around at a local bar for a bit during Wicked (or maybe hitting the russian saunas) before meeting up again with Kelly and Xena. You're welcome to join me!
    Revan said:
    For those of you not attending the Wicked show, I will be bumming around at a local bar for a bit during Wicked (or maybe hitting the russian saunas) before meeting up again with Kelly and Xena. You're welcome to join me!
    "hitting the russian saunas"
  • http://wallstreetbath.com/

It's absolutely amazingsauce, Zouv
    I've seen enough Law and Order to know what's really going on there.
  • A friend who is a big fan of Wicked has persuaded me to go, so I shall be joining you. Got seat 13.  :D

• Ended up making reservations at http://unclenicksgreekcuisine.us/

It's cheaper, MUCH larger menu choices and it's Greek (like me!) I'll look forward to seeing you all next saturday!
  • OK Guys! The time is upon us! 

WE WILL BE MEETING: Saturday the 21st at 12pm at the NORTHWEST corner of 42nd Street and 7th (fashion) Avenue. My cell phone number will be PMed to you all so if you get lost you can text me. PLEASE BE AS PROMPT AS YOU CAN!

I look forward to seeing you all! 

Edit: For those of you who aren't good with n/s/e/w in the city... NORTH is going up the streets (40'th street, 41st street, 42nd street, etc). WEST is going up the avenues (6th avenue, 7th avenue, 8th avenue, etc)
    Revan said:
    OK Guys! The time is upon us! 

WE WILL BE MEETING: Saturday the 21st at 12pm at the NORTHWEST corner of 42nd Street and 7th (fashion) Avenue. My cell phone number will be PMed to you all so if you get lost you can text me. PLEASE BE AS PROMPT AS YOU CAN!

I look forward to seeing you all! 

Edit: For those of you who aren't good with n/s/e/w in the city... NORTH is going up the streets (40'th street, 41st street, 42nd street, etc). WEST is going up the avenues (6th avenue, 7th avenue, 8th avenue, etc)
    ... I'll get out of the subway and do marco polo with the phones, no problem.
  • For Sushi, go to Yuka on 2nd between 81st and 82nd. AYCE for $22 or so, or it was last time I was there. That was 3 years ago. Delicious. :D

Anyway, have fun, whatever you all do. If you are seeing Wicked, enjoy it. I saw the tour when it was here in Pittsburgh. Last show I actually saw on Broadway...I'm not sure which! Was either Chicago or A Little Night Music. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    New York's hottest club is:...

(Do I really need to finish?)
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Jealous of you people that live in a roaring metropolis, though only for the fact that it makes meets like this easy.
    Tarkenton said:
    Jealous of you people that live in a roaring metropolis, though only for the fact that it makes meets like this easy.
    Fly on over!
    If anyone wants to join our group tomorrow, you can PM me for my number. Let's get this party started.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Lol work plus school plus family plus budget plus...= no random trips
    Kelly said:
    If anyone wants to join our group tomorrow, you can PM me for my number. Let's get this party started.
    I'm in class. Bahhh. ; A ; Or else I'd run and join.
    School is for squares. Join us after!
    Kelly said:
    School is for squares. Join us after!
    Are you sure y'all'd want me lugging around my pack? I'd be dressed in NYC school attire. If you guys don't care, I don't care.
    It's up to you! You're welcome to join.