Quest Griefing

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Dys said:
    Thanks! I'll try that again, I think I did and then murdered everyone in the Facility when he wouldn't say anything new but it's worth a go. The Starhopper didn't help either, but that's peaced. :/ Dramube is the Planar Trader one.
    Oh, woops... I was looking at Enyalida's honors for some reason... weird. Now that I think about it, as soon as you get the eighth honour, you get a tell from Girda... the starhopper captain that she'd like to talk with you. She gives you a letter from Newt that has the whole... this letter will self-destruct in five seconds thing. Following that, you also get a letter delivered via zeppelin from the gnafia. Then you get to do Cankermore all over again, and you pick the side by choosing whether to help molds or undead.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • undead4life. Their story is so sad. ;-; The things they say..
    Marcella said:
    undead4life. Their story is so sad. ;-; The things they say..
    BRAAAAAAINS?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, that's one of the only quests I have left to do, and I'm at a loss on how to really even start it. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Start what, Cankermore? Give the bones to one of the two Commanders.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Dys said:

Thanks! I'll try that again, I think I did and then murdered everyone in the Facility when he wouldn't say anything new but it's worth a go. The Starhopper didn't help either, but that's peaced. :/

Dramube is the Planar Trader one.

You have to do Dramube 7 times for the line.
    Xenthos said:
    Thanks! I'll try that again, I think I did and then murdered everyone in the Facility when he wouldn't say anything new but it's worth a go. The Starhopper didn't help either, but that's peaced. :/ Dramube is the Planar Trader one.
    You have to do Dramube 7 times for the line.
    Nah, she has all the lines. I was just looking at the wrong person's honors.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2013
    Elanorwen said:

Nah, she has all the lines. I was just looking at the wrong person's honors.

That might cause a problem or two.
  • Ah, I didn't get the tell from Girda (or the You have new honours!, bizarrely). Can I lose the Bottledowns honours line by helping the other side? If so, that might try and trigger it again.
    Morkarion said:
    Start what, Cankermore? Give the bones to one of the two Commanders.
    I meant Dramube. I wasn't greeting the npc NEARLY enough times to get any relevant information.
    Dys said:
    Ah, I didn't get the tell from Girda (or the You have new honours!, bizarrely). Can I lose the Bottledowns honours line by helping the other side? If so, that might try and trigger it again.
    Never tried. Still, might be worth a go... or you could try and start the side you want and see if you get the extra once you complete it... (molds taking you to fight the gnafia guy or whatever happens when you do the other side)

• I've heard recently of others with this issue about not getting the invitation to start the epic. Probably bugged still. You just need one from every bubble, which one doesn't matter initially (during the epic it matters).

• No, they talk about how they still believe Urlach will come back to get them but URLACH ISN"T COMING BACK BUT THEY BELIEVE SO HARD QQQQQQQQQQQQ

• Marcella said:
    BUT THEY BELIEVE SO HARD
    I think we've talked about this. I love this quest for that reason. It really shows how grey this world is when you discover this abject tragedy... these poor soldiers, forgotten from time and isolated from the world, endlessly training for a battle that is never coming. They just happen to be undead.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zvoltz said:
     build that excorable-weak bashing area you've been dreaming about

roleplay with their org/order

Calling BS on these. They aren't going to happen.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Elanorwen that is only childs play quest griefing.  Come and join in the sea battle where the battle basically revolves entirely around what you define as 'quest griefing'.  That can go on for a few RL days to ensure the other side doesn't win.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

Leolamins said:

@Elanorwen that is only childs play quest griefing.  Come and join in the sea battle where the battle basically revolves entirely around what you define as 'quest griefing'.  That can go on for a few RL days to ensure the other side doesn't win.

Have done. (Sat for something like 8 hours, babysitting turtles and dolphins) That said, it is the way the quest works. You normally don't see me running in every time a Mag is doing the Throne... heck, if you've seen me, it's been once to demonstrate how annoying it is.

The big weird is that there isn't any sort of counter short of spreading the grief around, because of avenger, you can't reasonably do anything short of afking Until the quest opens again
  • Shaddus said:
    Zvoltz said:

Lirangsha is excorable-weak, and super-resistant to almost everything else. It's amaziiiing to bash with magnum annihilate.
  • KioKio
    edited September 2013

Akyaevin said:
    Shaddus said:
    Zvoltz said:

Lirangsha is excorable-weak, and super-resistant to almost everything else. It's amaziiiing to bash with magnum annihilate.

Think about us, though. We have excoro/psychic.  D:
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Kio said:

Akyaevin said:
    Shaddus said:
    Zvoltz said:

Think about us, though. We have excoro/psychic.  D:
    The two things the manifestations of nightmare are weak to!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Elanorwen said:
    Have done. (Sat for something like 8 hours, babysitting turtles and dolphins) That said, it is the way the quest works. You normally don't see me running in every time a Mag is doing the Throne... heck, if you've seen me, it's been once to demonstrate how annoying it is.

I'll take your sad eight hours and raise you 4 days, actually, I'll raise you two weeks since I also did two battles for two other people, practicly by myself. I had the cay timed down to the second and even set my alarm to wake me up at 5 am to do it, because putting -everything- back is a huge pain in the ass.

I win, thank you.

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• That goes beyond obsession to a very debilitating sickness, my friend. Perhaps some medication is in order, for you clearly have ingested too much sea water from your many forays into the Cay
  • Daedalion also got a cityfavour *every time* he did the Cay, so he jumped to CR6 in like, 3 days
  • I feel like I should make a comment here, but I'm not entirely sure what to say. Except that you got reeeeally paranoid about it near the end there. I'm not an evil mastermind- I don't have pawns!
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Your very existance is comment enough about quest griefing, I'm afraid. :P
  • I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. *Eyeshift*
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Well hopefully I can chime in.

I'm a big quester, its sort of what I do best (I swear tae'dae is quest-optimized). I've been quest greifed before, heck even killed on Prime while trying to take down the Illithoid, though it was a well executed trap. (And seducing guards against me was fair warning..) It can be done well. Hell, Lerad and I worked at cross purposes for ooc weeks. Cthogg up, Cthogg down..  I've done my fair share of rescuing hybrids and breeder slaughtering as well. but its all IC is the work  for/against the Kephera. Cross purposes can be done right.

Is there a quests envoy? Someone to talk about difficulties and other issues. So many flavorful quests that just sit unused or even noticed (Old Man Rock, Lullaby of Bear, Sileni, Mammoth Ribs, Observatory Statues, etc)  that are forgotten because of no honors line. Also issues like handing out Ikons for quests like the spire, but not for others. Is there anyone to report such?  Some of us love quests and would like to see more care given to some of the smaller ones.

In a concrete suggestion:  Remove the ikons from the Spire. Don't get me wrong, I love the spire being up, but it does seem a little unfair to the Mags.
  • I accidentally discovered the Voice of Jagerox the other night - such a cool quest, and it was sitting right outside the city gates the whole time :P Reward isn't half bad either.