Paying for Spiritsinger's Quest.

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
Don't laugh at me. I'm paying someone who knows how to fix the Spiritsinger's Sundial. Gold or a handful of credits for a complete run through.
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• I wonder if I have a log of that.

For what it's worth, the result is also available on the stage (though I couldn't replicate the spacing exactly), and you don't get any honors line or other reward beyond the satisfaction of having done it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lendren said:
    I wonder if I have a log of that.

For what it's worth, the result is also available on the stage (though I couldn't replicate the spacing exactly), and you don't get any honors line or other reward beyond the satisfaction of having done it.
    It's more for posterity's sake than anything else.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I laughed.
    GTFO. Cantors at least left notes on their guild quest.
  • I don't think ours is really a "guild quest" in the same sense yours is.  Ours is just a quest that has a thing in it that's near our guildhall, but it's not really tied to the guild.  We never got anything like what you guys got.
    Lendren said:
    I don't think ours is really a "guild quest" in the same sense yours is.  Ours is just a quest that has a thing in it that's near our guildhall, but it's not really tied to the guild.  We never got anything like what you guys got.
    Still like to hear about it, Lendren, if you have the time.
  • I can just barely remember it.  At my age, you have to re-task those brain cells when you get into something new.  I'll see if a log jumps out at me.
  • It looks like I'm going to need a starting point.  Searching my logs for "sundial" doesn't help since it's in a jillion logs from every time I walked past it or did something at the stage.

I did find the one where, for reasons we never did find out, Raguel had to lug the sundial from the observatory all the way to the forest.  I also found one where one of Lisaera's songbirds appeared so it could crap on my shoulder and leave.  (Not kidding.)
  • edited October 2013
    Well, I found one log that involves something with the sundial, but I'm not 100% sure if it's the one you want.  My log is also incomplete.  Plus I think it may have been a one-time thing, not a repeatable quest.

From what I can figure out, it started with Sparky Tooter.  The normal seeds bird Chuchip quest got one of the three shards somehow, though I don't have that in my log.  (Hence why this might have been a one-time thing.)  The second came from Hart somehow, possibly involving the bluebell.  The third involved a chain of questing in Hifarae; I needed to get Gantoba's journal pages from the gophers, beg items off the centaurs and match them up with the mounds to awaken the chorus of spirits, get past the musical puzzle entrance to the sileni glade, and get the third shard.  (By which time one of the others had reset.)  Sparky assembled them, and then the resulting crystal went into the sundial.

I have a vague idea, though, that that was the way we got that the first time, but later Maylea recovered a more complete version (which is why there's two versions on the stage) and I don't recall how that one was obtained, whether it was a separate quest, or just an event, or a modification to that quest.  I don't even know if this one was a one-time thing.

Hope that's enough to get you started.