Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Riluna said:
    Xenthos said:
    Riluna said:
    I'm apparently not the only one who felt, for a moment at least, that the lamp messages were written personally for them.

Kudos to whoever wrote these. They're written very well. :)
    The Glom ones, at least, appear to be the memories that we put into the Tree of Memories.  I assume that the Serenwilde ones are similar.

I wouldn't know. I was in gaudi for that whole event. But I almost felt like the lamp was welcoming me home. <3
    Hmm, One of the "memories" from the Glom lamp is blank. LIke it just makes a space. Highlighting it doesn't reveal anything.
    Not sure if that's a BUG or what....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Riluna said:
    @Pectus I seriously enjoyed that session. Keep it up, you rogue.
    Baassically why I'm rogue.  I feel so rusty RPing though! 

• @Avurekhos is the best  :x That is all.

• Tylwyth said:
    Hmm, One of the "memories" from the Glom lamp is blank. LIke it just makes a space. Highlighting it doesn't reveal anything.
    Fixed, will be active soon!
  • edited December 2015
    Tylwyth said:
    Riluna said:
    Xenthos said:
    Riluna said:
    I'm apparently not the only one who felt, for a moment at least, that the lamp messages were written personally for them.

Kudos to whoever wrote these. They're written very well. :)
    The Glom ones, at least, appear to be the memories that we put into the Tree of Memories.  I assume that the Serenwilde ones are similar.

I wouldn't know. I was in gaudi for that whole event. But I almost felt like the lamp was welcoming me home. <3

Was probably just exemplifying the ways of False Memory

"You saw NOTHING"
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2015
    Thanks, @Lisaera, for some really cool Seren-toys :)
  • Ellanora said:
    Oh my goodness! Miss @Salome is so good at roleplay and fleshing out actions and I'm just like! emote nods adjusting her mask at the scary textwalls she can't seem to muster.
    I try to restrain myself, it's so fun seeing emotes come back at me that I go *wheeeee*. I can't wait to RP with you more in the future, @Ellanora.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Yay @Miralona for letting me blather for 30 minutes of RP about Drocilla. 

• Ellanora said:
    Oh my goodness! Miss @Salome is so good at roleplay and fleshing out actions and I'm just like! emote nods adjusting her mask at the scary textwalls she can't seem to muster.
    It gets easier
  • Yeah, despite what she says, @ellanora isn't bad at emotes herself.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I don't think textwalls = good RPing anyway :p
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Well, tell it to the beauty seal judges. Winners can't help it if a certain approach is positively reinforced year after year.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I thought the criticism of the judges was implied. You're right, don't blame the winners for following the formula.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    On that topic: prestige and bardic judging seems to be shifting away from the focus on length for the past few months. This is a good thing. I hope but am not confident that this will also appear in beauty judging.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I don't think that length in itself has much to do with Beauty wins. The designs that place tend to be the ones that express a unique, creative idea in sufficient detail to fully bring it to life, and it's nigh impossible to do that in only a few lines. I doubt the judges are sitting up there somewhere saying, you know, this design is perfect but it just isn't long enough to win. *reject*
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I personally love @Salome's text walls and will happily keep them all to myself. Paragraphs to and from each other are the most fun thing I do some days.

Also, hello Cacophony unenemying: 

Sent By: (system) on 12/27/5:29
    Your design #9581 of a gem-filled, sepulchral viola of black glass was approved.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited December 2015
    Sylandra said:
    I think there are more constructive things to do than be the RP police, honestly. Some people like text walls. Some people type a bunch of short lines really fast. Some people dodge all social interactions because ew, people. All this is valid.

As for me, I have no interest in playing Lusternia holding the screen close to my face to see whether or not an emote, design, or a bardic meets or exceeds my personal preference for length. Let people live.

Consider this an empty quote for emphasis. 

Edit: Ok I have more to say. Raise your hand if shocked. 

Gulliver's Travels should be beaten into the heads of more high school students. If you are going to war over whether to crack the egg on the large or small side it doesn't matter; you are all cracked. 
  • edited December 2015
    Qistrel said:
    Actually...I find Salome's emotes to be a bit overly verbose. (See Nikka throwing a fit about Salome trying to 'steal all her thunder' during the vila reawakening.) I also remember meeting a young Magngoran and going "Wow, her emotes are almost as pointlessly long as Salome's" only to discover that she was actually a Salome alt.

I've also heard Moondancers complaining about how pointlessly long the attack message for Moonfire is.

Succinctness is a good quality. I suggest more succinctness, Ellanora.

(Please don't hate me Salome.)
    It depends upon the pacing of the situation, I like being descriptive sometimes. Other times, not so much. Stylisation isn't everything. I don't really like using generic emotes all that much. I find it boring, and not in keeping with character reactions. I usually throw out nice things for events, because that's when I feel most in character. I am not trying to show off, or one up people seeing as 'verbose,' usually is defined as being 'uppity.' I like RP. I usually respond with whatever I feel with is cool at the time. And, it's not really my intention to overwhelm @Ellanora. But to inspire her with what RP potential could be, it is a text game after all. What's the point of it, if it's not fun for you? @Sylandra is right, RP is dependent on preference. But it doesn't necessarily mean that public critique is helpful. If you got beef with my style, it's probably because you haven't seen all of it and are basing it off of a few interactions.

PS. In that instance for Ravila, that my crown had fired room emotes. Which is what you threw a fit over which I couldn't help at the time, and I'm still waiting on credits to shorten those. Thanks for reminding me!

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Sylandra said:
    I think there are more constructive things to do than be the RP police, honestly. Some people like text walls. Some people type a bunch of short lines really fast. Some people dodge all social interactions because ew, people. All this is valid.

As for me, I have no interest in playing Lusternia holding the screen close to my face to see whether or not an emote, design, or a bardic meets or exceeds my personal preference for length. Let people live.

tl;dr

Size doesn't matter
  • I pulled of an Illuminate, of all kills, as a Tarot user.  :bz

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Eodh please tell me you saved logs, illuminate kills are rad as heckles.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Tremula No logs, sorry, it was basically me getting ganked so I had no time to push the little record button :(

This discussion has been closed.