Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Riluna said:
    I wish more of Serenwilde embraced its darker side. It definitely has one, even if it's not as dark as Glom. I rave every single time I meet somebody who doesn't think we need to be happy bunny rainbow stuff. Even pixies can be snarky.

So much this. This was my intention with haughty Elfen Llewell and then snarky badgerkin llewell, to try and be icy and angry towards outsiders. It just never caught on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Wait, you were Llewell, @Shaddus? I really loved Llewell.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    I wish more of Serenwilde embraced its darker side. It definitely has one, even if it's not as dark as Glom. I rave every single time I meet somebody who doesn't think we need to be happy bunny rainbow stuff. Even pixies can be snarky.
    It's something I will be working towards, (not snarky, just... not fluffy, I guess) but I have the intention of developing as a character rather than just changing one day. Seren def gives people plenty of reasons to be darker and colder. I think perhaps some people just want to play that fluffy, sulky, child-like character so much that the atmosphere of the org will get ignored in favour of their own personal gratification. In many ways that's okay, you do you and all. 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • Nienla said:
    My Celestine has been fairly interesting so far. I absolutely love some of the messages from pledging to Supernals. There's just so much role play potential behind that. I kind of wish I knew what the DL messages were like in terms of pacts/deepbonds by comparison. If anyone has those, I'd appreciate it so I can see what they're like. Even though I still really want to bash Celestia, I have less of a desire to do so now. The Supernals are pretty cool.

Celest hasn't been bad either. Just wish you guys wouldn't lick each other at the Pool sometimes. :(
    Well, that even happens in Glom, sometimes....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Riluna said:
    Wait, you were Llewell, @Shaddus? I really loved Llewell.
    I feel like this is the reaction to pretty much all of his characters at some point or another, provided they last more than a week. Some of mine, too, but that won't stop me from retiring them if I'm able, because I don't play them anymore for a reason.
  • edited January 2016
    Ymuli said:
    Riluna said:
    It's something I will be working towards, (not snarky, just... not fluffy, I guess) but I have the intention of developing as a character rather than just changing one day. Seren def gives people plenty of reasons to be darker and colder. I think perhaps some people just want to play that fluffy, sulky, child-like character so much that the atmosphere of the org will get ignored in favour of their own personal gratification. In many ways that's okay, you do you and all. 
    Don't get me wrong. "Snark" definitely isn't the flavour of the org. (Looking forward to seeing what I can from your character, btw) What I mean is even from the brightest and playful of Fae, you can find some nasty things.

EDIT: And that is what makes Seren effing amazing.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • If Serenwilde can just fully embrace the whole 'forest of winter', bitter, pissed at everyone for screwing up royally during the Taint Wars attitude, they'd be in a far better place.

Ithaqua from Imperian is how I wish, so desperately, that Serenwilde was. It's a bitter forest council in the tundra that practices cannibalism and makes weapons from the bones of their enemies. Ithaqua was hardcore. Serenwilde can be too, as part of the pieces are in place, but I think a few things hold it back.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Serenwilde already has a lot of bitter, they are off to a great start.
  • Shuyin said:
    There's no need for this. Every org had its bitter periods, especially Gaudi at its start!

Seren is doing well, lately. And that's very awesome.

• It's okay. Just remind Shuyin that he died to Narsrim forcing him to choke and bard passives.
  • Riluna said:
    Shuyin said:
    There's no need for this. Every org had its bitter periods, especially Gaudi at its start!

Seren is doing well, lately. And that's very awesome.
    *Will not make marcella joke, will not make marcella joke*

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I have nothing but positive memories of serenwilde. Talnaras remain one of my most favorite families ever. But still, it's not like the reputation didn't exist or anything. Nonetheless, it's not appropriate for raves.
  • edited January 2016
    Nienla said:
    Havastus said:
    Nienla said:
    Celest hasn't been bad either. Just wish you guys wouldn't lick each other at the Pool sometimes. :(
    That's probably me, sorry about that... :(
    Not just you. It's a number of people doing it.

It's hard to take Celest seriously as a bunch of crusaders and 'holier than thou' warriors when they're licking each other and romping. Bearing is important, at least in public places, especially when there are newbies about.
    That's fair. I guess I never put 1 and 1 together on the whole "licking" thing. Havastus used to do it, until he got yelled at by someone because they though he was hitting on them. I have him lick folks as he's Loboshigaru, and that's what most of the dogs that I've ever met do when they enjoy someone.

However, I've since switched over to having Hava nuzzle if he's feeling affectionate or what-have-you. I guess that's a bit less inappropriate?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Havastus said:
    Nienla said:
    Havastus said:
    Nienla said:
    That's probably me, sorry about that... :(
    Not just you. It's a number of people doing it.

It's hard to take Celest seriously as a bunch of crusaders and 'holier than thou' warriors when they're licking each other and romping. Bearing is important, at least in public places, especially when there are newbies about.
    That's fair. I guess I never put 1 and 1 together on the whole "licking" thing. Havastus used to do it, until he got yelled at by someone because they though he was hitting on them. I have him lick folks as he's Loboshigaru, and that's what most of the dogs that I've ever met do when they enjoy someone.

However, I've since switched over to having Hava nuzzle if he's feeling affectionate or what-have-you. I guess that's a bit less inappropriate?
    A bit. Though I'm now reminded that I got my first in-game husband on my first character because I was curious about the PROWL emote, and emshow didn't exist at the time.
  • Nienla said:
    If Serenwilde can just fully embrace the whole 'forest of winter', bitter, pissed at everyone for screwing up royally during the Taint Wars attitude, they'd be in a far better place.

Ithaqua from Imperian is how I wish, so desperately, that Serenwilde was. It's a bitter forest council in the tundra that practices cannibalism and makes weapons from the bones of their enemies. Ithaqua was hardcore. Serenwilde can be too, as part of the pieces are in place, but I think a few things hold it back.

That's sounds like Glomdoring.....

• Glomdoring is summer.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Got to chat ic with @Thul. Was awesome, even if I was on my phone the whole time and distracted. Hopefully it'll be more than a one off thing.
  • Marcella said:
    Glomdoring is summer.
    *watches point fly completely over marcella's head*

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The irony, it burns.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.