Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• edited January 2016

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    @Silvanus for doing something so simple but still making my night.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Silvanus said:
    How to help someone kidnap themselves:

OH SWEET LORD HAVE MERCY

• edited January 2016
    Hah!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Was a fun aetherbrawl. I figured it'd go the other way most of the time. GGWP Hali/Celest.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Was a fun aetherbrawl. I figured it'd go the other way most of the time. GGWP Hali/Celest.
    It was great fun. Was quite intense (in a very slow way with how tanky our ships seemed to be), but you guys were way more organised than we were so well played!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I blew people up and got the final bombard.

While in a League match.

/:)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Falmiis said:
    Tarkenton said:
    It was great fun. Was quite intense (in a very slow way with how tanky our ships seemed to be), but you guys were way more organised than we were so well played!
    Not so much more well organized as much as persistent. They really wanted that win, so they flew all the way to Muckle for the final showdown. We didn't have that same interest or drive on our side collectively.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maligorn said:
    Falmiis said:
    Tarkenton said:
    Not so much more well organized as much as persistent. They really wanted that win, so they flew all the way to Muckle for the final showdown. We didn't have that same interest or drive on our side collectively.
    To be clear, Gaudiguch flew; Glomdoring whistled and floated around playing tag with Gambit & Flux.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Maligorn said:
    Falmiis said:
    Tarkenton said:

I thought we were pretty well organized. Glad to see you shooting our efforts down though. It's not easy taking down big artied out warships with an 8k, no arties ship.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I wasn't trying to shoot down your efforts, and I imagine it's actually pretty easy when you have a big, artied out warship on your side as well as your own 8k hull ship. Are you implying that Nyx didn't help you at all or what?

If you read carefully, I'm responding to Falmiis saying that "you guys were way more organized than us". No, you weren't. We were about equally organized, except for our pilot seal fuckups. You guys flew in for the win, however, and we did not reciprocate the persistence. That's supposed to be a compliment.

Maligorn said:
    I wasn't trying to shoot down your efforts, and I imagine it's actually pretty easy when you have a big, artied out warship on your side as well as your own 8k hull ship. Are you implying that Nyx didn't help you at all or what?

If you read carefully, I'm responding to Falmiis saying that "you guys were way more organized than us". No, you weren't. We were about equally organized, except for our pilot seal fuckups. You guys flew in for the win, however, and we did not reciprocate the persistence. That's supposed to be a compliment.
    I think that their 8k ship ended up doing most of the work.  Nyx's modules were all bombed; when Gambit switched to firing at Nyx, we mostly just sat there and absorbed the blows while letting their ship do most of the work (I mean, we were doing some things, including blowing up the turret that was bombarding and stopping that in its tracks, but our modules were all dead except the Command Chair).  Basically Nyx was 20 minutes of red-alarm-claxons everywhere.

It took us ~40 minutes to heal up the empath grid after Gambit went down.
  • I -knew- sinking hits into Nyx was a bad idea. That was our deadly mistake, focusing Nyx instead of Cube.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It's like your discounting the fact that you at one point had 4 ships flying around, and at the end, it was Flux/Gambit against Nyx/Cube. 

But hey, whatever, we'll take the compliment

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited January 2016
    Maligorn said:
    I -knew- sinking hits into Nyx was a bad idea. That was our deadly mistake, focusing Nyx instead of Cube.
    We got Gambit shadowed so that Cube could run off to heal whenever it wanted.  Focusing on them would've made the thing last longer, but the outcome would have turned out the same in the end (because we blew up the turret that was bombarding, it set you back enough that you couldn't have won while tanking).

The mistake merely hastened Gambit's downfall, but wasn't the turning point of the whole battle.  That came when Flux fell, leaving Gambit facing two ships to its lonesome, one able to go toe-to-toe and the other more agile and able to do harrying fire.  Kind of like the Gambit/Flux vs. Nyx that went on for a while.  That one stung!
  • Xenthos said:
    Maligorn said:
    I -knew- sinking hits into Nyx was a bad idea. That was our deadly mistake, focusing Nyx instead of Cube.
    We got Gambit shadowed so that Cube could run off to heal whenever it wanted.  Focusing on them would've made the thing last longer, but the outcome would have turned out the same in the end (because we blew up the turret that was bombarding, it set you back enough that you couldn't have won while tanking).

The mistake merely hastened Gambit's downfall, but wasn't the turning point of the whole battle.  That came when Flux fell, leaving Gambit facing two ships to its lonesome, one able to go toe-to-toe and the other more agile and able to do harrying fire.  Kind of like the Gambit/Flux vs. Nyx that went on for a while.  That one stung!
    Perhaps, perhaps. Anytime Cube would run off to heal would give us breathing room too, however.

Synkarin said:
    It's like your discounting the fact that you at one point had 4 ships flying around, and at the end, it was Flux/Gambit against Nyx/Cube. 

But hey, whatever, we'll take the compliment

Next time, take the compliment without painting me like a villain or twisting my words? Thanks.

• Maligorn said:

You guys flew in for the win, however, and we did not reciprocate the persistence. That's supposed to be a compliment.
    I will take the compliment. That flight was awful. That ship really was unartied, not even a wheel and antenna. So many nooks and crannies and 1 move per 15 seconds or whatever slow thing it is. AWFUL.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    edited January 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Xenthos said:
    Maligorn said:

Perhaps, perhaps. Anytime Cube would run off to heal would give us breathing room too, however.

Note that when it comes to ships that large, breathing room is... a bit overrated.  Your modules (assuming they are being targeted) will never get out of critical.  You're going to have a lot of command failure, and more as time goes on.  It's inevitable that eventually the ship will fall through sheer inability to act (can't get the grid to repair a module due to sputtering, can't clear the aeon, none of the gunners can get many shots off, etc).  Note how long I said we had to cure the empath grid for.  One-on-one you'd have kept up with Nyx just fine, but the longer it went the longer Cube would've been able to stay in range and keep up the shooting until it ended up with the same result.

Once it comes down to slugging it out with ships like that, it all comes down to numbers and time... and it is never on the side of the ship that has more turrets firing at it, unless some of those turrets are on really small ships that are easy kills.  If you can't take out the guns, you lose.  Goes both ways, that's why Nyx ended up fleeing the scene once it was clear we weren't taking down Flux as easily as all the aiiaiaiaia ships.
    Talan said:
    Maligorn said:

You guys flew in for the win, however, and we did not reciprocate the persistence. That's supposed to be a compliment.
    I will take the compliment. That flight was awful. That ship really was unartied, not even a wheel and antenna. So many nooks and crannies and 1 move per 15 seconds or whatever slow thing it is. AWFUL.
    It was pretty awesome that you did it.  I was going to try to fly Nyx, but you all got them off the dock long enough for me to get a whistle through when you died the first time.  <3

PS: I picked up 1900-odd auronidion particles if you want them for the Cube.  Remind me tomorrow if I forget.
  • Xenthos said:
     Note how long I said we had to cure the empath grid for. 
    unless you had to be out in aetherspace that long you shouldn't have worried about it. the ship will heal itself eventually once docked ^^ (so long as there are no slivven keeping damage that is!)
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• I was told to target the grid. Was that a bad idea then? Should I have been targeting no module later to do more damage to the hull?
  • edited January 2016
    Falmiis said:
    I was told to target the grid. Was that a bad idea then? Should I have been targeting no module later to do more damage to the hull?
    You should do what you're told, really. In an ideal world, the empath is sparing a balance every now and then to analyze the enemy ship. The second I realized the shape Gambit was in (blown up orb, grid critical) I was screaming on every channel to hammer the hull, and you went down about 30 seconds later.

Edit: Which is to say, the goal is to get the hull to 0. The point of attacking the grid is to prevent/hinder healing. Once the grid is sufficiently damaged, you should switch, but you have no way of knowing when that sufficient point has been reached. Someone needs to be checking, and communicating to the rest of the crew what needs attention.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Just logged in after a year and a half hiatus and guess who has 7 agrees and 30 likes on their forums profile.

I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.

B-)
  • I'd really like to thank @Salome for all the work she put into the treaty. There was more than one point where I could have just as easily walked away.
    Arimisia said:
    Xenthos said:
     Note how long I said we had to cure the empath grid for. 
    unless you had to be out in aetherspace that long you shouldn't have worried about it. the ship will heal itself eventually once docked ^^ (so long as there are no slivven keeping damage that is!)
    Yes, I know that.  That would be why I told Calesta to get off the ship and go home and not worry about it.  For myself though, I don't like leave ships dinged up even if they will auto-heal themselves so I like to make them pristine before I park them.  Personal preference, not a requirement.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2016
    Alik said:
    Just logged in after a year and a half hiatus and guess who has 7 agrees and 30 likes on their forums profile.

I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.

B-)
     3K Agree 4.5K Like

Come at me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.