Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Maligorn said:
    Synkarin said:
    Lol

I just went to @Lavinya's site

Comprise - to consist of or to be made up of
     Compose - to ​form or make up something:

Maybe I'm wrong here (I'm by no means a grammatical expert as several people like to point out when I misspell things, like @Maligorn) but 'to be made up of' and 'make up something' seem pretty damn similiar to me. 

Hey, kummuppins or whatever is hilarious. I just wanted to know if you spelled it wrong on purpose or not.
    I totally giggled over kummuppins the other morning. I wondered if it was auto-correct or hilarious bad spelling.

• Sounds like a muffin I would pass on.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    82 new tweets! There must be some forum meltdown that I missed but wasn't deleted yet!

(reads posts)

Designing rants?

This isn't welcome in Lusternia!

Not enough hate.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Celina said:
    An exhaustive guide to stylistic preferences is literally impossible. If they put one up, it'll just inevitably result in even more bitching. How about we just not make mountains out of molehills over the changing of one word. (It's also not stylistic, which can be discovered with. 7 minute Google search, but whatever.) I know Ranah wants to put on her sassy pants over it and people commenting on it, but it's really not a big deal
    Gotta...

Literally or literally?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Talan said:
    Silvanus said:
    82 new tweets! There must be some forum meltdown that I missed but wasn't deleted yet!
    Ain't no drama like a debate over the semantics of punctuation or grammar among writers. Can I get an Oxford comma?
    No way. The worst thing language can do is impose a set of rigid rules and restrictions that forget evolution.

They are guidelines. Not a code!

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited February 2016
    Can we add the ability to learn from the nexi keepers when class flexed ? There is a serious lack of people who can teach certain skills.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I try to be available for dreamweaving, honest!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Finding a bonecrusher pre overhaul was like pulling teeth. Not sure now, since it has all that delicious blackout/stun goodness.
  • Damn...that design argument felt as never-ending as the israeli-palestine conflict.....

Anyone else notice @Manteekan capitalize his My and Me? I found that the most interesting  ;;)
  • Other IREs rant tweet about combat and griefing, Lusternia does it for designing. Not sure whether good or bad.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Sorry Yarith, you caught me while I was doing something frustrating and I was a bit snippy and misunderstood what you said.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• They may take ourr lives, but they will nevarrrrr take Oxford Commas!!!!
  • Nocht said:
    Isluna said:
    There is a level of understanding/maturity that is needed by both parties involved in the snubbing. Snubbing is sometimes used to silence someone to 'win the argument' or for 'de-esculating the situation' between two people, which is appropriate?

It would be nice if the HELP SNUB was a tad more defined on a few points like- unacceptable uses of the snub: Using shared news boards to smear other players knowing full well they can not see these posts unless you/they unsnub the other.
    Using snub to 'win an argument/verbally assault another player' so they can't respond to you. Only to unsnub then and do it again.
    The 'go around' the snub with alts/other players-A well known no-no.

Yes, I used Nocht's statement because it is a good point in what a snub should not be used for

Personally I know one person who has me snubbed - No clue anymore why, but I must have done something to earn it- Guess what I DON'T CARE. Why because it's their right.

I have a few people snubbed- I don't know @Sylandra 's story- But I think I can understand and say that there is a point where you do not even want to see the says of some people. But at the same time you want to take the higher ground and not interfere with them playing as well.

I can take a look at the help file and see if we can clarify some points! We're never going to be able to cover every situation players find themselves in though. So no one should think, "Well, it's not explicitly forbidden in the rules so I can do it!" I think a good question to ask yourself when snubbing is if you're doing it to gain an advantage over the other person. If you are, you're misusing it.

Hi @Nocht, do you have any clarification on these points? 

Kaalak said:
    Nocht said:
    Isluna said:
    There is a level of understanding/maturity that is needed by both parties involved in the snubbing. Snubbing is sometimes used to silence someone to 'win the argument' or for 'de-esculating the situation' between two people, which is appropriate?

It would be nice if the HELP SNUB was a tad more defined on a few points like- unacceptable uses of the snub: Using shared news boards to smear other players knowing full well they can not see these posts unless you/they unsnub the other.
    Using snub to 'win an argument/verbally assault another player' so they can't respond to you. Only to unsnub then and do it again.
    The 'go around' the snub with alts/other players-A well known no-no.

Yes, I used Nocht's statement because it is a good point in what a snub should not be used for

Personally I know one person who has me snubbed - No clue anymore why, but I must have done something to earn it- Guess what I DON'T CARE. Why because it's their right.

I have a few people snubbed- I don't know @Sylandra 's story- But I think I can understand and say that there is a point where you do not even want to see the says of some people. But at the same time you want to take the higher ground and not interfere with them playing as well.

I can take a look at the help file and see if we can clarify some points! We're never going to be able to cover every situation players find themselves in though. So no one should think, "Well, it's not explicitly forbidden in the rules so I can do it!" I think a good question to ask yourself when snubbing is if you're doing it to gain an advantage over the other person. If you are, you're misusing it.
    Presenting a couple of cases for clarification under Leolamins' argument. 

Let us assume 

-Leo is current City Leader and I am a citizen. 
    -I have snubbed Leo
    -There is a contention for City Leader. Leo is the incumbent. 

Which of the following is appropriate:

-I (the snubber) make one city newspost about support for the non Leo candidate.  
    -I make several city newsposts specifically mentioning Leo possibly dramatic/inflammatory in nature 
    -I speak to other citizens in tells, channels or in says that I do not want to see Leo reelected 
    -I make an ass of myself in  tells, channels or in says claiming all sorts of things about Leo and his mother that Leo cannot hear and refute.  

The difference being under the current snub mechanism, both parties (snubber, snubbee) can see and respond to newsposts. Currently I think that is fair. 

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    To be fair, whenever I send a message to a Divine (even though I know they're OOC) I always capitalise You, Your, etc. so that I don't mess up and be rude when I talk to them in person.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    To be fair, whenever I send a message to a Divine (even though I know they're OOC) I always capitalise You, Your, etc. so that I don't mess up and be rude when I talk to them in person.
    I do my best to capitalize Their pronouns even when OOC, too. I know that, logically, it shouldn't be possible to be zapped by fictional Divine, but .. I don't want to risk it.

• NochtNocht Glomdoring
    @Kaalak

I'd recommend just issuing if you think abuse is happening or if you're not sure if something would be considered abuse. 
  • Some people are using NMBG way too much. It becomes less effective the more you use it.

• Glory be to Glomdoring!
  • Glory be to Glomdoring!

Also, what if PlayerA snubs PlayerB, and PlayerB is a CL6, though not a guildleader orCL. IF B disfavours A, can A see it on logs?
    Do they still get a message?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Glory be to Glomdoring!

Also, what if PlayerA snubs PlayerB, and PlayerB is a CL6, though not a guildleader orCL. IF B disfavours A, can A see it on logs?

I can't say for sure, but I do know that if a tree falls in the commune and no one is there to hear it, Brennan still squawks.
  • edited February 2016
    @estarra Trying to say this without making it sound like I'm attacking our text based over lords. I'm curious to the line of reasoning of why overhaul released pushing back ascension rather than the other way around?
  • Tylwyth said:
    Glory be to Glomdoring!

AFAIK, logs aren't filtered based on snubs.

What can get really annoying though is if you're an official person and need to talk to person B, and person B snubs you. This means you need to go through official C to get your message through to person B, and while that isn't ground for issuing, it technically still is a way for person A to bypass the snub of person B, so it's kindof a slippery slope.

It has, however, been confirmed that a snubbed person can CDF the snubber, as long as the CDF is actually valid (so no CDFs for having red hair or something similarly frivolous).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Not sure if I should fight this design rejection or throw up my hands and sigh at myself for trying to be clever and apparently failing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Synkarin shapes liquid globes of power from the air and hurls them towards Maligorn. He screams in agony as they splash across his burning skin and hungrily devour it.
    Synkarin reaches out and grasps Maligorn's soul as it leaves his body, sending shuddering wracks of pain through him. With a loud wail, the miasma of spirits surrounding Synkarin fluctuates and flares,their numbers growing before Maligorn's soul manages to escape.

Hey @Synkarin, is this some sort of cool ascendant-ability? I haven't seen it before.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
This discussion has been closed.