Character Secrets

Comments

• Eritheyl said:
    Eritheyl still holds onto most of his Hallifaxian mindset, which includes things like being appalled at public drunkenness and most displays of affection. He's also very disturbed at a lot of the silliness and overhanging laissez-faire in Gaudiguch, but (mostly) plays it off cool as a cucumber.

He's slowly getting better. Veeery slowly.

Afterthought: Contractions are still extremely awkward for him to use in front of a lot of people.
    How do you survive in Gaudi, where the booze is always flowing and the haze of weed makes it hard to see your hallucinations...?

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Majanishi said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Eritheyl still holds onto most of his Hallifaxian mindset, which includes things like being appalled at public drunkenness and most displays of affection. He's also very disturbed at a lot of the silliness and overhanging laissez-faire in Gaudiguch, but (mostly) plays it off cool as a cucumber.

Afterthought: Contractions are still extremely awkward for him to use in front of a lot of people.
    How do you survive in Gaudi, where the booze is always flowing and the haze of weed makes it hard to see your hallucinations...?
    I'm a great faker!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    /wagglewaggle
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lavinya said:
    Given around 90% of the Hallifaxian population seem to be gay, it actually really -is- a bizarre belief. And given how many same sex marriages still have children in game, there could be any number of explanations, from magic to adoption, to gender bubbles and switching...who knows? I suppose it's possible, just like it's possible for someone to pretend that gods aren't real in the world of Lusternia. Doesn't really make it logical for a Lusternian to believe (and thus in my opinion it's something worth thinking about - is it really something my character would care about, or just something I care about?)

Anyway, enough of my petpeeving, sorry.

Secret! Lavinya is a sucker for anything sweet, from candy to corny poetry.
    Whoa, whoa. I'm 90% of the population, and I'm not gay.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Eritheyl said:

If I wasn't able to rant on OOC clans, I would have been driven from the city already.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:

Lavinya said:

Given around 90% of the Hallifaxian population seem to be gay, it actually really -is- a bizarre belief. And given how many same sex marriages still have children in game, there could be any number of explanations, from magic to adoption, to gender bubbles and switching...who knows? I suppose it's possible, just like it's possible for someone to pretend that gods aren't real in the world of Lusternia. Doesn't really make it logical for a Lusternian to believe (and thus in my opinion it's something worth thinking about - is it really something my character would care about, or just something I care about?)

Maybe your alts are and you just don't know it yet. Super-secret secrets.
  • Xenthos said:
    Lavinya said:

I think a lot of the gay has left Hallifax, at least the ones I know/knew.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xenthos said:
    Lavinya said:

Hrm. I -have- been listening to a lot of showtunes on Pandora. Maybe I'm gay and I don't know it.

Bah, Now I need a gay alt to test it out.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:

Xenthos said:

Shaddus said:

Lavinya said:

Hrm. I -have- been listening to a lot of showtunes on Pandora. Maybe I'm gay and I don't know it.

Bah, Now I need a gay alt to test it out.

That's the beauty of this kind of secret; even if you are not, your alts might be! They are just too afraid to let you know, and you have so many it is impossible to keep track of them.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shuyin said:
    Shuwin hates illegal immigrants and believes that we should be strengthening our borders to prevent further incursions. 

He also believes in the right to bear arms and has misgivings about green and/or blue people.
    What about the right to arm bears? Give Tibbers a machine gun/flamethrower!

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • If Shuyin believes in the right to bear arms, where are the market ads for tae'dae arm grafts?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Kiradawea said:
    If Shuyin believes in the right to bear arms, where are the market ads for tae'dae arm grafts?
    He's an illuminati, he makes his own.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Elanorwen said:
    Shuyin said:
    Shuwin hates illegal immigrants and believes that we should be strengthening our borders to prevent further incursions. 

He also believes in the right to bear arms and has misgivings about green and/or blue people.
    What about the right to arm bears? 
    Thul wields a pretty mean Nekai. I'd say that counts.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• You display a monstrous bear claw for all in the room to see.

Leather, iron, and heavy brown fur combine to form this strange and
    imposing nekai. The glove making the base is heavy and wide-fingered,
    designed for larger hands and padded at the palms. Theoretically, the
    padding is to prevent accidents, but it's questionable how much good
    mere leather will do against the sharp, black, curved metal claws
    extending a good three inches from each fingertip. While the palm is
    open to allow for finer manipulation, the backside of the claw is
    entirely armoured; careful articulation along the fingers gives way to
    larger, heavier plates as the glove passes the knuckles and comes to an
    end a few inches past the wrist. Each and every segment is backed with a
    layer of thick bear hide, the odd combination of scales and fur giving
    the nekai a bristling, alien appearance.
    It weighs about 4 pounds and 1 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Commander Shuyin.
    It has been stamped with the seal of The Roseine Call Forging Cartel.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I'm streets ahead.
  • Tavon said:
    Lavinya said:
    Marriage in Lusternia is not a defined constitution by a church as being right one way and wrong another. Marriage is a union of two people, that's it, gender has zero to do with it. Your character can be totally straight, sure, but to think only that kind of union is proper for marriage...well, to have a contrary opinion on the topic is an extreme ooc bias. Just like it makes no sense to not believe in 'gods' in Lusternia, because they quite clearly exist, there is no logical justification to believe marriage (which always has been open for two of any gender) should be restricted to one type of relationship. Might want to think about that secret a bit, @Tavon!
    Umm... wow. To accuse me of an ooc bias like that is very... rash of you. I understand this is obviously a real life hot button topic, and one I'm not going to get into a debate about in the Common Ground forums. (Or anywhere online) Suffice to say, Tavon has his reasons for his views which do not necessarily (and don't, in this case), match Tavon's players views.
    Such views simply do not exist in Lusternia, ICly. People do not have them, and any existence thereof are completely OOC.

And there's 0 room for discussion on it, in-game or on the forums.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Neos hates/dislikes most of his step-children, but (usually) has no problem with their spouses.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Thul infiltrates the channels of people from other nations as much as he possibly can.

It's not out of malice, it's just that Glomdoring's is so frigging boring.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2013
    Well, we don't like you too, so there, hmph!

My related secret: I was at your wedding, in dreamform.
  • Oh, the y'Kaliath things I know, and I can never, EVER forget. Lets see if I can kill the thread.

Tau was molested by Somaria

Aaand Go.
    Elanorwen almost kissed Enyalida back in her Seren days... she was engaged at the time too. She also has a sort-of crush on her Grandmother, Celina, but eh... that one will never ever work out.

• edited March 2013
    Kreg's biggest pride was being Shikari order head for a time. When drama happened a few times (usually when he was just returning from dormancy) in the order it kinda crushed him mostly because he really thought the highest of the Pack and wanted the best for it and not all of the decisions were great ones. Religion is pretty important for him so when bad things happen it's disturbing.

He left Glom recently because of all the good memories (odd right?) he has of his family and friends. His sister is rarely if ever around when he is, his wife was dormant for a very long time until right after he left and his kids are never around. So, with all those memories haunting him, he needed something entirely new. He'd turned to drinking in order to forget and figured "why not use this to my advantage?"

He's loving the Minstrels, pretty awesome group of people. Hoping to bring some experience and willingness to fight and teach combat to the guild. So yah, secrets and not so of the Kregarn.

• Man, those Nightshades.
  • edited March 2013
    Gorlois can't bare hurt cute/small animals (Except rabbits). Those little pigs on Vesucia? He almost cried when he had to kill them for food. (This is sort of related to me, as I felt immense sadness OOC when I had to kill those cute little piggies. And I squee every time I have to push them around).

When he speaks in Krokani, he sounds like Einstein.

So far he's had... 3 dogs. His greyhound was called Desiato, and his bloodhound is called Gaspard.

Not so much a secret as quirky fact, he calls the walrus in Magnagora Paul (Five points if you get it), and enjoys poetry.
    A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Tau said:

Man, those Nightshades.

I still think "what did I get in to," on a daily basis
    edited March 2013
    Eventru said:
    Tavon said:
    Lavinya said:
    Marriage in Lusternia is not a defined constitution by a church as being right one way and wrong another. Marriage is a union of two people, that's it, gender has zero to do with it. Your character can be totally straight, sure, but to think only that kind of union is proper for marriage...well, to have a contrary opinion on the topic is an extreme ooc bias. Just like it makes no sense to not believe in 'gods' in Lusternia, because they quite clearly exist, there is no logical justification to believe marriage (which always has been open for two of any gender) should be restricted to one type of relationship. Might want to think about that secret a bit, @Tavon!
    Umm... wow. To accuse me of an ooc bias like that is very... rash of you. I understand this is obviously a real life hot button topic, and one I'm not going to get into a debate about in the Common Ground forums. (Or anywhere online) Suffice to say, Tavon has his reasons for his views which do not necessarily (and don't, in this case), match Tavon's players views.
    Such views simply do not exist in Lusternia, ICly. People do not have them, and any existence thereof are completely OOC.

I've seen characters who believe in beer elementals, of all things.

Characters can have all manner of crazy beliefs.  Picking one topic and saying "That belief is entirely and completely OOC and could never ever happen" is strange, because... well.  Flying Spaghetti Monsters!  People who mark off their religion as "Jedi" on surveys!  People are just plain weird.  It's also quite possible for a character to have had a formative experience that gave them a bad view of it, just as it's possible for someone to have a formative experience that makes them averse to the notion of a male / female relationship.

What I would expect to happen, however, is that a character who has this view would be subjected to a great deal of pushback.  Lusternia is, in the end, actually geared towards such relationships.  I've lost count of how many people, once they figure out the penguin quest in Kiakoda, are pleasantly shocked by the inclusion of a quest that completely breaks away from the standard rigid boundaries of RL moires.  There are so many same-sex relationships in every organization, and every other character has friendships and such built around them, that a character spouting this viewpoint would find themselves "under siege," in a sense; ostracized from the rest of the playerbase.

As such, I have to dispute the assertion that it cannot exist.  I would instead posit that it does not make a good roleplaying situation for the other players in the game (unless the intent is for the character to come to an understanding and acceptance of it, and even then, there are much, much better choices out there that could be made instead of what is an extraordinarily hot-button topic to many individuals on an OOC level).  We play the game to have a good time, to enjoy ourselves, because in the end it is a game.  Choosing an RP path that is designed to aggravate and irritate large swathes of the game "just because" is bound to trigger some OOC disgust as well.

PS: You know me well enough by now to know that "Zero room for discussion" after a one-line sentence is like a great big flashing Bat-signal.  I just think explaining why it shouldn't exist is a little better than saying "It can't, it isn't possible, end of story" since clearly it is possible, just not a good thing if it does.
  • Xenthos said:

Eventru said:

Tavon said:

Lavinya said:

I've seen characters who believe in beer elementals, of all things.

Characters can have all manner of crazy beliefs.  Picking one topic and saying "That belief is entirely and completely OOC and could never ever happen" is strange, because... well.  Flying Spaghetti Monsters!  People who mark off their religion as "Jedi" on surveys!  People are just plain weird.  It's also quite possible for a character to have had a formative experience that gave them a bad view of it, just as it's possible for someone to have a formative experience that makes them averse to the notion of a male / female relationship.

What I would expect to happen, however, is that a character who has this view would be subjected to a great deal of pushback.  Lusternia is, in the end, actually geared towards such relationships.  I've lost count of how many people, once they figure out the penguin quest in Kiakoda, are pleasantly shocked by the inclusion of a quest that completely breaks away from the standard rigid boundaries of RL moires.  There are so many same-sex relationships in every organization, and every other character has friendships and such built around them, that a character spouting this viewpoint would find themselves "under siege," in a sense; ostracized from the rest of the playerbase.

As such, I have to dispute the assertion that it cannot exist.  I would instead posit that it does not make a good roleplaying situation for the other players in the game (unless the intent is for the character to come to an understanding and acceptance of it, and even then, there are much, much better choices out there that could be made instead of what is an extraordinarily hot-button topic to many individuals on an OOC level).  We play the game to have a good time, to enjoy ourselves, because in the end it is a game.  Choosing an RP path that is designed to aggravate and irritate large swathes of the game "just because" is bound to trigger some OOC disgust as well.

PS: You know me well enough by now to know that "Zero room for discussion" after a one-line sentence is like a great big flashing Bat-signal.  I just think explaining why it shouldn't exist is a little better than saying "It can't, it isn't possible, end of story" since clearly it is possible, just not a good thing if it does.

I'm simply reiterating what has already been stated. Homophobia does not exist in Lusternia, in any sense. Expression of those views in-game can and will be treated on par to any other OOCness, ie up to and including muting, loss of channels, etc.

It's not even a possibility - it just doesn't. Sorry to disappoint!

(It's a well known fact Eventru and Lyreth were the first married couple anyways, heteros are completely the abnormal ones...)
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2013
    I'll take gross overreactions to minor issues for 500, Alex.

edit: I mean, I think it's insensitive RP, and a little weird and not all that opposed to that sort of ban but that was a tad aggressive. 
  • edited March 2013
    I preferred this thread when it was the quirky secrets and slight OOC-ness (Like Ur'guard who won't hurt pigs. Aww) to this long spiel about... well, that topic.

But then, people love their drama.
    A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"