Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I think it's interesting how people have gotten upset at noncoms for not getting more involved - when most of these events are Free-PK, they get bullied out way too fast, especially since the end trial is PK, and everyone is going to help someone more willing to survive than get behind a noncom. This isn't the game that noncoms play, they have no reason to bother showing up to help more when they are uncomfortable/can't do it. There is no way a noncom *could* win Ascension, unless they were spoonfed everything by every available person on their alliance, which isn't fair to them or any of the other seal winners. 

Locking out near half of the game isn't fun for them, and the most they can hope for out of this is a credit prize. Yeah, we didn't get to have this giant bloodfest up on Astral, but they rarely get to do anything for this. Just some perspective.
  • Xenthos said:
    Enyalida said:
    I contest that there is the potential for 'a challenge' when there is no route to success. You can't challenge a competition when you are not a competitor. 
    Making something challenging doesn't necessarily mean "introducing a chance to lose," simply "making it more difficult to win".  You guys absolutely have enough players that you could have made it a challenge.  You don't have as many players interesting in doing that for absolutely no purpose whatsoever (which is both fair and reasonable).
    Actually, making something challenging means exactly that. The northern orgs going up there wouldn't have made it more difficult for the south to win (though we could've made it more difficult for Mag/Gaudiguch specifically, by supporting Gaudi/Mag). It would only have caused things to drag on longer, which is not the same as difficulty.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Maligorn said:
    Rivius said:
    Enyalida said:
    If players are uninterested in the biggest event of the year, and (as the post implies) totally uninterested in the intended overarching roleplay of their org with respect to said biggest event of the year - there might be problems, and those problems might not be "players dropped the ball". Especially when it's what... half the game?
    I think you hit the nail right on the head. I think it's pretty glaring that this being the first time something like that has ever happened is a sign that Lusternia is not in a good, healthy place overall. And there's multiple reasons for that. But predictably, no one sees that, and it's much easier to point fingers at half of the game (or even your own org, surprisingly). 

Nothing's going to change for next year, because no one really wants Lusternia to really be a better game for everyone.
    Or if you try to shake up the status quo, the current "winners" of the game like to put you down or tell you you have "scrub mentality" or just "get better".

It's an ugly thing.

Totally an ugly thing to expect people to learn and improve rather than just have mechanical changes implemented so they can have fun. It's a darn shame I think you need to re-assess things here.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    No. Protoss are for scrubs.
  • Synkarin said:
    Maligorn said:
    Rivius said:
    Enyalida said:
    If players are uninterested in the biggest event of the year, and (as the post implies) totally uninterested in the intended overarching roleplay of their org with respect to said biggest event of the year - there might be problems, and those problems might not be "players dropped the ball". Especially when it's what... half the game?
    I think you hit the nail right on the head. I think it's pretty glaring that this being the first time something like that has ever happened is a sign that Lusternia is not in a good, healthy place overall. And there's multiple reasons for that. But predictably, no one sees that, and it's much easier to point fingers at half of the game (or even your own org, surprisingly). 

Nothing's going to change for next year, because no one really wants Lusternia to really be a better game for everyone.
    Or if you try to shake up the status quo, the current "winners" of the game like to put you down or tell you you have "scrub mentality" or just "get better".

It's an ugly thing.

Totally an ugly thing to expect people to learn and improve rather than just have mechanical changes implemented so they can have fun. It's a darn shame I think you need to re-assess things here.

I may be wrong here, but I don't think he is saying expecting people to improve is an ugly thing, just the way some people go about trying to get people to improve. You can expect people to improve by helping them to improve far better than you can by telling them how much they suck and should improve.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    But what is the point to making things difficult for other people with no corresponding gain for yourself and your 'side'. Just spite?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2016
    Falmiis said:
    I can confirm that I have received nothing but encouragement from the "other side" during the last few weeks.
    You're a good sport, @Falmiis.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Ascension was over once South literally had 2/3 of the seals, let's not kid ourselves. 

The talk about backstabbing doesn't even really matter when the end result would have been the same - someone not the North would have won.

Next - the announce post didn't really shit on anyone, don't take it personally. The divine (who represent the city) encouraged people to backstab, they didn't, hence you could see why the announce was phrased that way.

Lastly, stop being scrubs, it's not over until it's over and alliances being stupid good is really unrelated to your (lack of) will to try. 
  • You all need to calm the heck down about a simple post that made you confront your own defeatist attitudes. Especially you, @Rivius, aka Mr. nobody-wants-to-make-the-game-good-you-all-suck-life-is-pain. Could you be any more melodramatic?

Admittedly, a shakeup in Ascension would be nice, but still.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It also closely resembles the elvish language Sindarin.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Celina said:
    In other news:

I wish I would have realized my name sounds like a Pokemon before I chose it. 
    It was either that or Selyna, wasn't it?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• @Krackenor That was pretty volatile, pointed, and abrupt, just saying. 

Most people on the 'South' have always been helpful to me and you really can't go wrong when you ask the Gaudi Goomba squad for advice. You can pretty much ask anyone for help as long as you approach them politely and maybe leave a few minutes to cooldown after conflicts. It's so easy to get strung out!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2016
    Krackenor said:
    You all need to calm the heck down about a simple post that made you confront your own defeatist attitudes. Especially you, @Rivius, aka Mr. nobody-wants-to-make-the-game-good-you-all-suck-life-is-pain. Could you be any more melodramatic?

Apparently noticing that Lusternia has been doing poorly on multiple fronts over the past year and that there is widespread apathy among the playerbase is being melodramatic. And no, that post was pretty uncalled for, and the only people who don't seem to think so are the people high on their win, and the ones who were relatively uninvolved.

But keep making inflammatory posts out of dormancy. It looks good on you.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I don't think that post was any more inappropriate than implying the only reason a person disagrees with you is that they are incapable of separating their opinion from their "victory high."

:) 
  • Rivius said:
    Krackenor said:
    You all need to calm the heck down about a simple post that made you confront your own defeatist attitudes. Especially you, @Rivius, aka Mr. nobody-wants-to-make-the-game-good-you-all-suck-life-is-pain. Could you be any more melodramatic?

Apparently noticing that Lusternia has been doing poorly on multiple fronts over the past year and that there is widespread apathy among the playerbase is being melodramatic. And no, that post was pretty uncalled for, and the only people who don't seem to think so are the people high on their win, and the ones who were relatively uninvolved.

But keep making inflammatory posts out of dormancy. It looks good on you.
    I didn't win; I was pushing for Ixion and arguing against Mag slothiness. And there's a pretty huge difference between 'Lusternia has been doing poorly on multiple fronts" and "Nobody wants to make the game better". A pretty huge and insulting difference.

Also, am I really considered dormant after being scarce for only 2 weeks? 
  • edited March 2016
    Falmiis said:
    I can confirm that I have received nothing but encouragement from the "other side" during the last few weeks.
    I'm glad to hear that. 

Seriously, as much as I rage about random jumping and stuff like that, I wanted more of a turn-out from the North. 

Oh and I felt that the announce post was in poor taste but whatever.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Celina said:
    In other news:

I wish I would have realized my name sounds like a Pokemon before I chose it. 

Confirms why the Pokemon theme always plays in my head when I see Celina
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited March 2016
    So, we have this trend going where TA names can be taken as references to shows.

First we have Kamehamehameha(Dragon Ball) and now we have Cyndaquil(Pokemon). I'm kind of curious what the name for the 2017 TA would be.

edit:

Celina said:
    That moment when you win TA and can't wait to lord it over all your enemies and forums naysayers but in reality you're forever the Pokemon TA.

Fire Jesus no more.

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    PS: Kamehameha predates DragonballZ.  It was the name of a king on the Hawaiian islands many years ago.  There are even roads and such out there named after him.
  • MFW I get called into Mag to collect a commune member that's harassing someone, and it's someone's ecology pet.

This discussion has been closed.