Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Siam said:
    So, we have this trend going where TA names can be taken as references to shows.

First we have Kamehamehameha(Dragon Ball) and now we have Cyndaquil(Pokemon). I'm kind of curious what the name for the 2017 TA would be.

edit:

Celina said:
    That moment when you win TA and can't wait to lord it over all your enemies and forums naysayers but in reality you're forever the Pokemon TA.

Fire Jesus no more.
    Obviously, we need Gurryn. Gurryn Lagynn.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Will defect for credits - lots of them

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Niico said:
    MFW I get called into Mag to collect a commune member that's harassing someone, and it's someone's ecology pet.

Obviously we just wanted to say hi.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• I'm not sure the sky is falling and I don't know we can know that without knowing if this will become some sort of trend. We'll have to see how next year goes to have a sense of if this is simply a one off or not.

Lusternia has claimed that politics are an important aspect even equivalent to combat. I took risks and if they blew up in my face I don't believe people would have jumped up to share in that. I knew going into this a week ago that the one unalterable advantage Gaudi had was its three seal bearers (both in the seals themselves and in the bearers themselves being some of the most competent players).

I didn't personally have a plan to screw anyone, but I knew things could have gone tits up in many ways.

As an aside, if the admin are concerned with this and think this was a problem then the least they could do is address some of the mechanical issues. If you're going to have few or one counter to something like Static then you have to expect pressure for Gaudi to allign with an org which seems to have the only counter.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Xenthos said:
    PS: Kamehameha predates DragonballZ.  It was the name of a king on the Hawaiian islands many years ago.  There are even roads and such out there named after him.
    It's why I said it could be a reference to the show not the sole inspiration/source for it. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Everiine said:
    It also closely resembles the elvish language Sindarin.
    That's been my initial reaction too. Totally just Sindarin with a change-up of letters!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vivet said:
    Everiine said:
    It also closely resembles the elvish language Sindarin.
    That's been my initial reaction too. Totally just Sindarin with a change-up of letters!
    That's what Cyndarin and Synkarin's first TA child will be named.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Cyndarin is just Synkarin said too fast.
  • Unfortunately I agree with @Arcanis, it was just as I predicted too for the most part. However, I do suggest that for the next ascension, that they would just toss the staff somewhere at a random location (but fairly distant as to give fair chance) so that the bearers will have to search for it and hope for an interesting fight to ensue from it. I do find it rather just a little off that the post of the ascension was slightly wrong, but I suppose it is correct in a way, as the two bearers we did have, made it a choice of their own to not want a try at the staff, and that's a decision to be respected. So again, hopefully next year will be better than this one.
  • Aeden said:
    Unfortunately I agree with Arcanis, it was just as I predicted too for the most part. However, I do suggest that for the next ascension, that they would just toss the staff somewhere at a random location (but fairly distant as to give fair chance) so that the bearers will have to search for it and hope for an interesting fight to ensue from it. I do find it rather just a little off that the post of the ascension was slightly wrong, but I suppose it is correct in a way, as the two bearers we did have, made it a choice of their own to not want a try at the staff, and that's a decision to be respected. So again, hopefully next year will be better than this one.

Heh I basically informed Mag council and city about my predictions for War and then Ascension to try and give the upper hand, but alas nothing came of it.

At first part of me wondered if it had been different if I was there, but frankly I admit I am not much of a runner, and from what I heard, that is what it all came down to.

Even if I was there to maybe complain or urge a steal, I'd likely have been reprimanded with any others that stated such.

Cava in the end, Im glad this is all over finally. Now we can go back to more important matters, like guild overhaul
  • That moment you think of a nifty title that fits thematically with your guild and Order then realise it's also a title in Game of Thrones... FU GRRM
  • While raves is closed, I want to thank Glomdoring, @Leolamins @Ulalah and @Manteekan, for putting up with my shenanigans, my RP, and my overall Nikki Minaj banshee aesthetic. I am done with finals, and thought Ascension was an apt celebration of that fact.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Demartel said:
    That moment you think of a nifty title that fits thematically with your guild and Order then realise it's also a title in Game of Thrones... FU GRRM

Imma throw some guesses.

Since your name is Demartel, im going to assume it has something to do with the Martell family, thuuus.

Sand Snake?
    The Red Viper?
    Sunspear?
  • Celina said:
    I embrace the change.
    It took me literally the entire day to figure out the joke about your name being similar to Cyndaquil.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Arcanis said:
    Demartel said:
    That moment you think of a nifty title that fits thematically with your guild and Order then realise it's also a title in Game of Thrones... FU GRRM

Imma throw some guesses.

Since your name is Demartel, im going to assume it has something to do with the Martell family, thuuus.

Sand Snake?
    The Red Viper?
    Sunspear?
    I'm going to go with the easy Ser.
    See you in Sapience.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Which is also a title in Morrowind >.> . Which is a fantastic game everyone should play.

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Too slow. My lack of originality precedes yours.

POLITICS NEWS #1562
    Date: 11/1/2009 at 18:41
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Shuyin Honoured in the Great Alliance of Glomdoring

In the Great Alliance of Glomdoring, Ser Shuyin of the Shadows was honoured for completing the Epic Quest to become a Dark Savant of the Wyrden Mysteries.
  • I thought @Demartel meant Knight of Flowers as a title, since that is the only title I know of that sounds specifically... Serenwilde-ish. Unsure if there are any Baratheon titles that I am unaware of though...
  • Xenthos said:
    PS: Kamehameha predates DragonballZ.  It was the name of a king on the Hawaiian islands many years ago.  There are even roads and such out there named after him.

Indeed yes
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited March 2016
    There were a few people with Ser title around in Lusty a few years ago, when GoT was still a book. I know @Barrin was one too.

• Doubt it is Ser...that isnt GoT specific...at all.

Knight of Flowers is a very good guess though.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sent By: (system) on 03/13/11:39
    A phosphorescent dream phoenix with wings of lightning-infused clouds has no food in its feedbag and is starving. She tries to return to Conservatory Stables for care.

Oops. Signs I am spoiled by my collared thunderbird: I forget to stable my other fancy beasts when I log out. Sorry, Diviana. Have a nice restful temporary death nap, no doubt full of dreams about having a less forgetful owner. 

• Azula said:
    I thought @Demartel meant Knight of Flowers as a title, since that is the only title I know of that sounds specifically... Serenwilde-ish. Unsure if there are any Baratheon titles that I am unaware of though...

Wow, lots of GoT fans here. @Azula is right though. Being a member of Serenguard and @Maylea's Order I thought Knight of Flowers sounded nifty... then I thought "This sounds familiar" and I was right. Damn Tyrells.
  • ascension 2K17 

9 TAs

because, why not?
  • After rubbing so many curios I kinda wish there was some development around the Soulless curio pieces that look like equivalents to the Seals (Damnation, Corruption, Abasement, Cruelty, Hunger, Putrefaction, Annihilation, Excoration, and Hatred), or if not those specifically like... stuff around the excorable powers.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The Portal of Fate flashes as Celina steps through, now ready to begin a fresh life in Lusternia.

Hmm.

This discussion has been closed.