Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Is it your alt?!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Apparently this name change thing causes some drama with forums accounts. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Cyndarin said:
    Apparently this name change thing causes some drama with forums accounts. 

I warned you!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited March 2016
    honours sidd
    Sidd (Male Human).
    He is 18 years old, having been born on the 18th of Shanthin, 418 years after 
    the Coming of Estarra.
    He is unranked in Lusternia.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is a Shade in the Free Forest of Glomdoring.
    He is currently enrolled as a Student in the Shadowmaze.
    He is a Vagrant in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    He is surrounded by the Grace of Innocence.
    He is considered to be approximately 0% of your might.
    He is not currently active in any family.

Guys, come on. This is going to get old really fast.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I hope Sidd and Celina get married and it creates a glitch in the timestream. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    True story - I made Sidd to noone could troll me, but now it's officially banned, so all is good.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    And you made him in Glomdoring? Aww. Just come back if you want to come back :)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Cyndarin said:
    I hope Sidd and Celina get married and it creates a glitch in the timestream. 
    All it would do is make Tacita come back.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Darn,, aetherships are the one thing finks are good at, but Mag can't even muster up enough of a crew for flares. :(

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    And then there was one.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I don't understand why people choose to dor scry
  • edited March 2016
    Qistrel said:
    Darn,, aetherships are the one thing finks are good at, but Mag can't even muster up enough of a crew for flares. :(

Because they keep happening during the morning when pretty much no one in the South is around. Same with revolts. Supposedly, the timers are RNG, but they've been in the same relative span of time for the last 2-3 months.

Edit: Personally, I'd love if we could just get one revolt or aetherflare during peak time, please.
  • Thanks for adding another week of "off-peak" revolts with your complaints.
  • edited March 2016
    Falmiis said:
    Thanks for adding another week of "off-peak" revolts with your complaints.
    You're welcome? It's a legitimate complaint at this point. There are people in other time zones who play the game and would like to actually be able to participate in the conflict system that's a major part of it.
  • edited March 2016
    Nienla said:
    Falmiis said:
    You're welcome? It's a legitimate complaint at this point. There are people in other time zones who play the game and would like to actually be able to participate in the conflict system that's a major part of it.
    I think @Falmiis was citing the joke that complaining about off-peak revolts means there will be more off-peak revolts. It's supposed to be a curse or...something?

Everyone be friends!
  • Hallen said:
    Nienla said:
    Falmiis said:
    I think @Falmiis was citing the joke that complaining about off-peak revolts means there will be more off-peak revolts. It's supposed to be a curse or...something?

Everyone be friends!
    I didn't perceive anything malicious by it. Sarcasm is difficult to interpret via text.

It's a legitimate gripe, though. I, and a few others have been back for months now and I haven't even seen a single revolt, let alone been able to participate in one. They could probably stand to add some alterations with the RNG so that there is more variance in the times that they occur. I really would like to actually be able to participate in one.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Only time I catch them is when I'm up well past my bedtime. Then I'm a zombie at work. I wouldn't mind seeing the formula getting tweaked to give weight to number of people online. That way is still random chance, but the revolt has a 20/30% higher chance to kick off when there's 50/60/70 people online. Extra points for it balancing based off of amount of people online per org.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I wonder why the times got locked all of a sudden? We used to have off-peak revolts, but on-peak revolts, too. Did something break in the code?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Let's not give random events a weighted chance to happen during hours with more population. The rest of us already have to play with less people and likely less divine run events (including wild nodes, which I have been told is started manually). The last thing we need is to have otherwise randomly occuring events happen less frequently than if they were evenly distributed.
    edited March 2016
    Sigh.

Wildnodes has not been started manually in years.  I wish people would stop insisting on spreading this rumour as fact.

Edit: Even if you just observed and didn't ask, it's pretty obvious; back when it was manually started, it would occasionally skip weeks (and an org could have the winning role for four weeks straight), sometimes it would start on Monday instead of Sunday, etc.  Now it always ticks off on in-game Sunday between the weaves.
  • That's just what I was told! However, I do want to point out that all the ones I have seen have occured in the same 6-8 hour block.
    Falmiis said:
    That's just what I was told! However, I do want to point out that all the ones I have seen have occured in the same 6-8 hour block.
    Just because you are told something does not make it true!  You can always question an assertion and apply a sense-check to it. :D

I mean, just of the last four wildnodes, one happened immediately after the weave (Saturday evening EST), another happened late Sunday (a bit before the weave), a third was in between the two when I was sleeping.  So even of the last chunk they haven't all been in the same 6-8 hour window.  The fourth was a Sunday-during-the-day thing as well I think, so it did match one of the other three, but aside from that...
  • The reason why I was inclined to believe it was because they all occured in this window. Unfortunately there are no records to check when exactly they have occured.

More importantly, I can say for a fact that there hasn't been one that has occured during my late afternoon to a couple hours past midnight in the three months that I have been playing.
    Falmiis said:
    The reason why I was inclined to believe it was because they all occured in this window. Unfortunately there are no records to check when exactly they have occured.

More importantly, I can say for a fact that there hasn't been one that has occured during my late afternoon to a couple hours past midnight in the three months that I have been playing.
    Not sure what your time zone is, but they are every 2 weeks like clockwork.  I'm more inclined to believe that you've just missed one than anything else, because just looking at the last four wildnodes (~2 months) there's been a wide variation of times.  I will say that the script seems to have a hard cutoff (so if it gets close to the Sunday->Monday weave, it hits the cutoff and will fire which appears to make it more likely to occur at that time), but aside from that failsafe it can (and has been even recently) anywhere within that range.

Yes, the fact that they don't have any records does make it harder to actually see if/when you've missed one, but it's definitely varying the nodes in terms of activation time.  There was a period a while back when there were no nodes at all during EST-daylight-times (they were all happening between midnight and 6 am, much like the villages are enjoying now).
  • Talking about from about 5 hours after weave to about 13 hours after. Basically when the revolts have been happening. I have definitely been keeping an eye out on Sundays. I just asked other people who play during those times and they don't remember one happening then either.

This is not a complaint though. I just wanted to point out that if something is truly RNG based then sometimes streaks do occur. In fact, if there weren't any streaks over a large enough sample then you might want to look at how random the RNG really is!
    Falmiis said:
    Talking about from about 5 hours after weave to about 13 hours after. Basically when the revolts have been happening. I have definitely been keeping an eye out on Sundays. I just asked other people who play during those times and they don't remember one happening then either.

This is not a complaint though. I just wanted to point out that if something is truly RNG based then sometimes streaks do occur. In fact, if there weren't any streaks over a large enough sample then you might want to look at how random the RNG really is!
    Well, good news, then!  That was midnight to around 9am EST, which is the time period that I said one did occur in the last set of four. :D  Those ones I only find out about when I wake up and see that the winner on WILDNODES STATUS has changed.  The other three were definitely outside that range though (I was around for all three of 'em).

And yeah, streaks do occur.  Villages have gone through this streak-thing quite a bit in the past.  This one has gone on just a bit too long, though.
  • Nienla said:
    Falmiis said:
    The problem is, these things used to happen in "American prime hours" for ages. Sharing is caring :)
    Zvoltz said:
    Wildnodes is automated. The admin eventually got tired of wondering if we were supposed to be running wildnodes and then realizing someone forgot and we had skipped a week.
    You also got tired of us asking on Monday what happened to it.  <_<
This discussion has been closed.