Simple Ideas

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    But you can wear a leather coat over a leather vest.

• can we have like?

curio hope <type> to add a maybe 25-50% chance that curios you rub would be of that type? Maybe with an increased chance for them to turn into gold as a result?

I just really want to finish my hair curio and keep getting like completely different sets. (Like original curios or the curio collections pieces)
  • Haghan said:
    Is it possilbe to get a module on Aetherships to keep the Slivvener attached to the ship for XP purposes.

I'd suggest  "A security projector"  While you are locked into this device, you project a hologram of yourself that can move freely about the ship, but not off the ship.. If the hologram dies, you die. It would allow someone to kill slivvens while remaining part of the crew at all times.
    Perhaps a "detachable harness" diamondnut[sp?] that goes in/on an existing module?
    Then, someone locked into the module can  MODULE DETACH instead of MODULE UNLOCK  to hunt slivven while keeping sweet aethership XP gain. can't leave the ship until you return to your module to UNLOCK. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• A very simple idea and matter of convenience. Could we have the orgbixes get an exit to the city/commune stables? Just for easy picking up and dropping off of beasts?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's also been suggested that orgbixes get an exit to the org's directory, to try and promote org shop business by making it as easy to get to the directory as it is to get to the aetherplex. 
  • Join queue for vengeance
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Mention in either HELP FURNITURE or HELP ARTISAN that Packaging is an artisan skill used to sell furniture! Otherwise we have to sift through the newsboards to figure it out, or Xiel's site, because HELP PACKAGE and HELP PACKAGING returns zip. (Prevent accidental furniture in stockrooms plz.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • HELP FURNITURE has been updated accordingly. Though for reference if you are an Artisan with the skill, HELP PACKAGING does return the skill itself.

(Also, please use the Helpfile Suggestions thread for help ideas as I do not always see them in this thread!)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Aha! I didn't have the skill hence the problem. (Also didn't know about the thread, whoops!) Thanks so much!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ok maybe not so simple but: I noticed with the wheel we are getting alot of dolls. Maybe artisans could make a doll tea party table. You add different dolls to the party and they all activate. however, certain secret combinations have 'easter eggs' that if you put them at the same tea party, they interact with a special message or little scene. Collectors might have fun with that.
  • If you have some dolls out, they do interact with each other. So not a big leap.

• I think they stopped doing that though because it was so much bloat and extra work when they just wanted to release one doll.
  • That said, I wish the dollhouse was an object I could drop in my manse or something and have it reset there, with permissions so that people could borrow with the dolls and they'd reset back to the doll house like books return to the library.
  • just HELP DOLLS will bring up the right scroll. BUt I like your idea.

• This is probably not actually simple, but something like SHOP UNPRICED that would show you what's on the floor of the shop but hasn't been priced/put in a bin yet would be glorious.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    This is probably not actually simple, but something like SHOP UNPRICED that would show you what's on the floor of the shop but hasn't been priced/put in a bin yet would be glorious.

IH UNPRICED works for this.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Honors shaddusalts doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Can we get it put back?
  • Steingrim said:
    Honors shaddusalts doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Can we get it put back?
    what did it do?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tylwyth said:
    Steingrim said:
    Honors shaddusalts doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Can we get it put back?
    what did it do?
    showed your own  honours. Duh.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2016
    Not sure if there's a way to do this already, but would it be possible to add a column to the ARTIFACT LIST to show whether the effect of the artifact is active or not?

Ie:
    <>- ARTIFACT LIST
    *******************************[ ARTIFACT LIST ]*******************************
    Number  Active Name                                   Location                       
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12480   Use    an algontherine whistle                being held by Elryn
    20016   -      a golden oak tree brooch               being held by Elryn
    27085   No     a gem of cloaking                      being held by Elryn
    27557   Use    a transplanar cubix                    being held by Elryn
    29330   Yes    a powerplex jewel                      being held by Elryn
    48230   No     a Brooch of the Tempest                being held by Elryn
    66661   Yes    a powerplex jewel                      being held by Elryn
    71608   *Obs*  a Great Rune of Effervescent Heart     inside of "necklace23423"
    71775   *Obs*  a Great Rune of Arcane Force           inside of "ring233242"
    71815   Yes    a Great Rune of Prodigious Prowess     inside of "brooch234233"
    87844   -      a parafilament purse                   being held by Elryn
    88333   -      a floral pipe                          being held by Elryn
    88670   Yes    a pair of Winged Sandals of Haste      being held by Elryn
    *******************************************************************************

I just realised that two of my artifacts are probably not functional because they've been rendered obsolete by the overhaul (or other changes), but I can't really tell for sure. Even just being able to track the on/off artifact effects (like gem of cloaking) would be useful too.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently there is an ARTIFACT LIST RETIRED command. :)
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2016
    It'd be nice to also be able to filter search artifact list as well (e.g. ARTIFACT LIST [search string]) and have a counter at the bottom.
  • Or just a categorisation of artifacts. Resistance runes, weapon/armor runes, trade artifacts and misc.
  • Is there any consensus as to whether there's a clearly superior combat option between Tracking and Totems/Rituals for warriors?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Depends entirely on you and what you can make of it. That said, the overhaul has made the negatives of tracking much less negative and the positives of Night/Moon for warriors less positive. Tracking can be very powerful, but you have to be willing to take risks to unlock its full potential. The totems / ritual specs are safer because you have constant access, and are probably still the better choice for most warriors.
  • Xenthos said:
    Depends entirely on you and what you can make of it. That said, the overhaul has made the negatives of tracking much less negative and the positives of Night/Moon for warriors less positive. Tracking can be very powerful, but you have to be willing to take risks to unlock its full potential. The totems / ritual specs are safer because you have constant access, and are probably still the better choice for most warriors.

I appreciate the response despite me posting in Simple Ideas rather than Simple Questions :P
  • @Thyelleia that is a fantastic idea!