Simple Ideas

Comments

• Fairly sure there is a way to see who is in a family... FAMILY STATUS <family> or FAMILY TREE <family> or something?
  • Chirbo said:
    Wobou said:
    I don't think giving xp to all the trades is a bad idea at all.
    People with access to near infinite gems, cutting them in a manse for essence/xp.

There are a number of things you could do to prevent abuse. For example you could give a burst of xp once a day for using your tradeskill in some way.
    Marcella said:
    Get one xp every time...retake #1 xp slot in Lusternia due to being able to afk it.
    I think random events would help with afking. Going back to herbs you could have a small chance that you uncover a chasm that kills you unless you move in 20 seconds, something that would be very obvious to someone who is actually present. Or the alternative is that the xp would be tied to the random event instead of the act itself. So cutting gems doesn't grant exp but sometimes you find an oddly shapen mineral and go on a quest and that gives you xp (and materials).
  • Except that would only work for the first day or so. After that, people would trigger those events to move or whatever.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited February 2016
    Can curio bows be targeted by their colour as well as the alias 'bow', please? ie lime, seafoam, golden, lemon etc. The genie bottles work this way!

• Because I don't know a better place to put it:

Being able buy solstice coal (and peppermints) with aethergoop (5-20, the lower the better) would be nice...I know I could just pay 100credits to those that are selling it for that much, but as someone who doesn't even want it for the power and just wants it for the shiny item it makes, paying a lot (>30cr) is just something I rather not do...
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Random idea:

If you are wearing the gloves of concealment/cloak of shifting hues and an object normally cloaked by those, attaching a rune of hiding to it will make it visible again. Similarly, if you remove the gloves/cloak, the object then becomes hidden once more.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Can we have an in game way of buying aethergoop other than the racetrack, please! Or allow trading of it? I need 13 more goop to buy what I want and I can't get it :(

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I just want to goop my censer into a Gaudi censer.
    Tarkenton said:
    I just want to goop my censer into a Gaudi censer.
    Regrettably, I think you still need to make an entirely new censer, unless that was changed recently. You can only goop form a new censer - not transform an existing one into another variety.
  • I thought you could TOUCH CENSER to tune it to the correct faction nowadays?

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ooh I know. But while we're entertaining goop ideas... I'll try touching it later, trade it in otherwise.
  • Vivet said:
    Random idea:

If you are wearing the gloves of concealment/cloak of shifting hues and an object normally cloaked by those, attaching a rune of hiding to it will make it visible again. Similarly, if you remove the gloves/cloak, the object then becomes hidden once more.
    I think that would be great for people who have pliers. I'm not sure about others. How about instead making a rune of visibility and its purpose is so specialized allow it to color the text of the item in your description? Then your saffron robes could be saffron?
    Yeah, I can be down with that.
  • Perhaps not a simple idea, but still something I want...

A universal influence buff tattoo. I would even be fine with it being a 200 weight only thing. (It doesn't even have to give that much, a 1/10 would work even)
  • Ayisdra said:
    Perhaps not a simple idea, but still something I want...

A universal influence buff tattoo. I would even be fine with it being a 200 weight only thing. (It doesn't even have to give that much, a 1/10 would work even)
    Just for my own curiosity, do you bother much with the types outside of empowerment and charity much? I found that other than the occasional paranoia backup I never really needed to weaken (outside the very rare quest) and seduction denizens at the higher levels seem so rare that it wasn't the bother of switching out of an attitude to do so.
  • edited February 2016
    Steingrim said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Perhaps not a simple idea, but still something I want...

Just for my own curiosity, do you bother much with the types outside of empowerment and charity much? I found that other than the occasional paranoia backup I never really needed to weaken (outside the very rare quest) and seduction denizens at the higher levels seem so rare that it wasn't the bother of switching out of an attitude to do so.
    Hardly at all. But I would rather have 1 tattoo that gives me everything instead of 5. (And I guess a minor point - I also want something that gives amensty and village influencing so I can get closer to maxing out those stats as well...)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited February 2016
    All tattoos are currently 1/6 to a single type, right? For 100 weight? 200-weight 1/10 universal seems to be quite a bit larger than anything else available, as tattoos go. Universal also impacts amnesty and villageinfluencing, to boot. Edit: I am not actually sure what the influence ones provide, which is why I ask; I know the damage ones are not /10 though.
  • Xenthos said:
    All tattoos are currently 1/6 to a single type, right? For 100 weight? 200-weight 1/10 universal seems to be quite a bit larger than anything else available, as tattoos go. Universal also impacts amnesty and villageinfluencing, to boot. Edit: I am not actually sure what the influence ones provide, which is why I ask; I know the damage ones are not /10 though.
    I'm told influence are 1/5 at 100 weight for a single type, yes. But at the same time, 100 is the current max weight for a tattoo (some max out lower, but that is the absolute max for ones that can go that high). Also a 200 weight tattoo also limits you to only the chest or back areas. Would this increased weight, and area limits, not be acceptable to have the higher buff limit number?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here

I don't think so no, I think it would have to be 1000 weight to equal out 5 100 weights (not to mention it's 1/10 instead fo 1/5)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

I don't think so no, I think it would have to be 1000 weight to equal out 5 100 weights (not to mention it's 1/10 instead fo 1/5)

Charismatic aura is 3/10 universal, so it is not like most don't already have access a 10 cap. The point of my idea was to not have to get 5 tattoos and just roll it into one, rather than the exact numbers on the buff.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    The point of tattoos is to pick and choose though. ....so you can't buff everything

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I think, it would make ActionOrigami even more awesome, if there was field in the designing form where you could specify how they react when being opened while having a message inscribed.
  • A way to buy the lesson packages with in game credits at a probably higher cost :3
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tredian said:
    A way to buy the lesson packages with in game credits at a probably higher cost :3
    I... think they want you to convert the credits directly to lessons in that case...
  • Could the basic "standard" artifact from the goop list become an actual artifact?

Was sad cause I wanted to use it to help some newbies but no goop :(
  • Saran said:
    Could the basic "standard" artifact from the goop list become an actual artifact?

Was sad cause I wanted to use it to help some newbies but no goop :(
    This might cause more people to pick it up. It is a very hard to justify artifact. 80th is low enough that I could just have them hunt with me in areas without agro or I could switch to knight and simply use a real standard without the limits. It really probably should be raised to 90th and made purchasable though credits.
    • QW <commune/city>
      Works the same as QW but only captures fellow commune/city members.
    • SEARCHNEWS command. SEARCHNEWS <section> <keyword>, SEARCHNEWS ALL <keyword>, etc.
      Should be self-explanatory.
    • The ability to see sent messages and tells.
      The usefulness of message and tell history is kind of void when you can only see one side of the conversation. Literally.

• edited February 2016
    Yarou said:
    • QW <commune/city>
      Works the same as QW but only captures fellow commune/city members.
    • SEARCHNEWS command. SEARCHNEWS <section> <keyword>, SEARCHNEWS ALL <keyword>, etc.
      Should be self-explanatory.
    • The ability to see sent messages and tells.
      The usefulness of message and tell history is kind of void when you can only see one side of the conversation. Literally.
    I like searchnews and sent message/tell history, but I'm not sure how QW <commune/city> would meaningfully differ from CWHO?