Simple Ideas

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Xenthos said:
    That is not how it works. The third person contesting does not start the timer for the election beginning. It merely determines whether or not the election is ended or opens for voting (if there are not enough people it just gets deleted). The same amount of time is afforded for "thinking" either way. Note that this is not commentary on whether or not it should change (a more valid reason for it is to ensure a lack of "frivolous" contestations), but that specific reason does not really exist.
    The more you know! Alright then. Still not really sure how I feel about the suggested change, but this does change that particular objection
  • For those who don't know, ModularOrigami cost 2 vellum and are packages which prevent the decay of things inside them (up to 25 things). In turn, modularorigami decay in stockrooms.

I'd like to suggest a sort of 'repair' mechanic specifically for modulars that cost 1 vellum and add more months to it, sort of like how clothing is mended. This way, we can use modulars as sort of like 'newbie packages' that include things like vials, enchantments, robes, et cetera, and bookbinders won't have to go through replacing modulars and then repacking all the things every couple of weeks.
    See you in Sapience.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I really wish modularorigami that isn't closed wouldn't decay in shops.

• Random idea, but would it be useful for healers to have a special squad ability (doesn't consume balance) that shows them the health of everyone in their squad?

My thoughts are for bashing so the healer could easily see people that are low and try to help out.
  • On the topic of searching in shops - I would love for there to be a way to match whole word only and not see the partial match items. Also a way to look for something that is/isn't a keg/rift only.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Also if every tinkered item would not for some reason be indexed with that word, that'd be great. Like I'm not sure anyone says 'I need a regulator, better DIRECTORY TINKERED'. Ink problem is real, please address.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Also, could we be allowed to wear pants with greatrobes? It would allow for a larger array of styles and outfit combinations. I know there are suits, but having to use the suit noun isn't particularly appealing for me. Maybe if it could be ensemble or outfit or something. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Those lamps that we got during the holidays this year... can they be changed to be lit still when you changed orgs? can't light mine since I went to serenwilde. And while I can understand it, it's still sad, for the lamp was cool:

Despite your best efforts, a fragmented conch lamp refuses to be lit by the likes of you.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • well that's the point of the lamps though, they're org-only
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Stray thought. Homesteads should be goldsinks. People would be more willing to invest millions upon millions of gold than they would a thousand credits, I'm guessing.

/wanders off
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Stray thought. Homesteads should be goldsinks. People would be more willing to invest millions upon millions of gold than they would a thousand credits, I'm guessing.

/wanders off

Both currencies should be an option for higher end arties I think.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I really like that actually.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I would love for there to be the equivalent of a stock market available in the game. Have folks who operate businesses within the cities and communes able to sell off equity of their business in exchange for access to secondary trading markets. Usable to borrow gold to expand their businesses and whatever. Maybe? I think it'd be cool, anyway.

• Allow bookbinders to teach one of the languages they know to someone. That someone will then be fluent in that language for one (IG) year, after which they forget it. They can then re-learn (or learn a new) language again.

Non-bookbinder someones can only know 1 other language, because they are plebians and/or they don't spend enough time with books and sniff the inks. 
    See you in Sapience.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I was wondering if we could have an asterisk on pipelist to indicate an artifact pipe.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The ability to dissolve your meld in a specific room rather than just breaking force breaking your own meld. 

PYROCAST DISSOLVE ROOM
  • Celina said:
    The ability to dissolve your meld in a specific room rather than just breaking force breaking your own meld. 

PYROCAST DISSOLVE ROOM
    Can't you Envoy this?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Inspired by Enyalida's comment in tweets. 
    ~Bridge Diamonut. Attaches to a fulcruxA. It will break in two equal halves. One stays attached, the other goes in your inventory. It does nothing until you attach it to another fulcruxB in another manse. Then you can use syntax

APPEND FULCRUX<ManseA> AS EXIT <Direction> TO FULCRUX<manseB> AS EXIT <DIrection> 
    to merge to manses.
    It doesn't matter which order you attach the diamonut in regards to the syntax, but <manseA> will lose it's fulcrux/name . Both fulcrux's must have a direction you can add an exit to, as the portal in the first fulcrux will turn into the first exit, and lead to the second exit in the newly merged manse's fulcrux(the manseB will keep it's fulcrux/name).
    If a manse that hasn't been made a ship is merged with one that has, the newly enlarged manse is treated as a ship.
    And if one manse is a shop then the new manse is a shop. One person must own both manses, obviously.

If both manses are a ship you can only have the normal limit of  one command chair, empath grid, three turrets, etc...
    Any overages are "subtracted" from manseA (as it's being appended to ManseB). Either auto-detached so you can get a refund if possible, or destroyed if that's not possible.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    missed the 'both manses are shops' scenario
  • Still wishing we could have an aethervillage. You upgrade a manse into a village and you can deed that to a family or org, and then you can attach manses to the village rather than a fulcrux.

If you make all manses attached to the village count for room count then it'd mean families can just own the village for family honour while individual family members can own and expand their own parts of the home.
  • Luce said:
    missed the 'both manses are shops' scenario
    Mostly due to my lack of familiarity to aethershops details:
    Similar rules to ships, stockrooms merge, ManseB keeps it's shoproom/settings( bins prices policies), limits remain in place. Stuff from manseA is considered overflow first(not sure if that's how it works or if everything decays if you go over).
    ManseA's shoproom becomes a regular room with no stockroom*. Though if manseA had a link manseB didn't, manseB get's that link.

*See don't know how you get a stockroom on an aethership. If you have to buy a room first then convert it to stockroom when buying/converting a shoproom then it goes back to being an empty regular room. If it just comes with the shoproom, then it just goes away.

• It would also be great if STAT had an indicator for if you'd already hit your tolerance-building-tic for the day (maybe just a little * next to your tolerance level once it's dinged). 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited January 2016
    I also wish I could use targetted custom emoting with my manse dweller. Please please pleeeeeeeeeease.

• Aeldra said:
    One thing I'd really love to be able to do is to target people in say prefixes, like:

(Completely Ignoring ^lanikai) say to Jeithera You'll not have your way!

World would see: Completely ignoring Lanikai, Aeldra Ladyn says to Jeithera: "You'll not have your way!"
    Lanikai would see: Completely ignoring you, Aeldra Ladyn says to Jeithera: "You'll not have your way!"
    Jeithera would see: Completely ignoring Lanikai, Aeldra Ladyn says to you: "You'll not have your way!"

It's just minor but it's kind of a little pet peeve already
    I Could swear you can do this, but I am emotedumb so can't explain how.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    say to ilistala (Rambling on) What

Rambling on, you say to Ilistala, an enormous leopard, "What."