Simple Ideas

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Xenthos said:
    say to ilistala (Rambling on) What

Rambling on, you say to Ilistala, an enormous leopard, "What."
    She's asking for targeting people, not just the pre-emotes. 

Example: say (Nodding in agreement with ^xenthos) I too find that that cheese is too smelly.

The above would currently display as: Nodding in agreement with ^xenthos, Ranah says, "I too find that that cheese is too smelly." 

Instead of: Nodding in agreement with Xenthos, Ranah says, "I too find that that cheese is too smelly." 
  • say so just capitalize Xenthos instead of doing ^xenthos?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yes, but, targeted emoting means Xenthos sees: Nodding in agreement with YOU, Ranah says, "I too find that that cheese is too smelly."
    Where everyone else in the room sees: Nodding in agreement with Xenthos, Ranah says, "I too find that that cheese is too smelly."

• Ranah said:
    It would also be great if STAT had an indicator for if you'd already hit your tolerance-building-tic for the day (maybe just a little * next to your tolerance level once it's dinged). 

You could always just highlight the line in bright colours it's something like You feel your tolerance to alchol rise
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Xenthos said:
    say to ilistala (Rambling on) What

Rambling on, you say to Ilistala, an enormous leopard, "What."
    Yes, that you can do, but you can't target denizens or players that way. Like you speak to someone while you target someone else. Something I try to use every once in a while and can't :-|
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lusternia needs an area with Shrikes somewhere. Doesn't matter where. I just want more adorable little murder machines.
  • You can do all of those except maybe the last one with mmf (which I assume you're using)
  • edited February 2016
    Chirbo said:
    You can do all of those except maybe the last one with mmf (which I assume you're using)
    Network latency makes client-side timers inaccurate and inconsistent. It is an especially notable issue when you are trying to test small modifiers. Even after a thousand reproductions, you can only approximate an average and then make an assumption on the true time based on ping.
  • edited February 2016
    Maybe not a simple idea, but could we do one of the following:
    1) Make wooden spikes inriftable
    2) Make wooden spikes groupable
    or
    3) Condense decay messages

Getting a decay tick for 300 wooden spikes (which is not entirely unreasonable for a tracker), and subsequently getting 300 emails rate-limited to five per minute by either Lusternia's SMTP server or Gmail's (I'm not sure which) and a phone notification for every single one of those emails is not a particularly pleasant thought.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Please let us transfer wondercrystals for free. If I buy credits on someone but want a different person to have the credits, I have to have a third person. Yes, I know I can just buy then for the second person and transfer the credits. No, I don't think I should have to do that.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Please let us put all runes on anything wearable. As far as I know, there is no practical reason why some runes have to be restricted to jewellery.
  • After buying runes, give a grace period where you can move the runes around for free.

Having to wait days for a custom piece of jewellery to be approved is not ideal, and it would be nice if there was a way to use all the fancy stuff you bought while waiting.

Even one free move would be excellent.
  • Rework the experience gains of aetherhunts vs. ur'bashes.

From my knowledge of doing both many times now, ur'bashes give significantly more experience for a similar group size.

Aethercraft requires an investment to be able to do optimally, and it [arguably] requires a lot more thought and attentiveness in some modules.
  • edited February 2016
    Make harvesting less boring. Here's some terrible ideas. Feel free to support one or more. Or don't. It's all cool.

1) Allow the harvesting of more than 1 plant at a time, even if it consumes the same amount of balance.

2) Make harvesting give experience.
     a) Add in 'harvesting quests' where you get experience for harvesting a quota of a certain random herb per month.
     b) Make picking any herb give a tiny amount of xp.

3) Add the ability to go on 'harvesting expeditions'. You could do this via beastmastery, an artifact, or an introduction to the trade skill itself. Basically, the idea is that while you're offline/idling you will harvest X amount of herbs. Even if it's a super tiny amount and very limited, this would be amazing.

4) Reduce the base balance cost of harvesting.

5) Remove the whole overharvesting mechanic and/or make herb nodes instanced per player.
  • Why would we give trades experience?
  • Though I'd love harvest  balance reduced
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    herbs is mind-numbing and time consuming; it's also one of the most profitable trades out there. It doesn't really need xp on top of it.

• It's a good thing that suggestion was one of five possibilities to improve herbs.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    None of those suggestions actually make the act of harvesting better, they just give you more rewards for doing the same tedious thing over and over

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • You know what would make harvesting better? No hibernation.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I feel like a report taking a step towards that end was submitted a bit ago...
  • There's a reason herbs is a good profit, because it sucks and no one wants to do it. You should be glad it's so tedious, it makes bank.
  • Having fun is more important than making gold imo.

Clearly on a very low chance an herb should be stuck in the ground causing multiple attempts to get it out, if you successfully do you summon a monster made of chervil which drops a bunch of herbs on slaying.

In all seriousness I think having some random events happen while you're doing trades might make them more interesting. I don't think giving xp to all the trades is a bad idea at all.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So, what. Artisans making thrones have a chance to accidently carve a second throne?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Wobou said:
    I don't think giving xp to all the trades is a bad idea at all.
    People with access to near infinite gems, cutting them in a manse for essence/xp.

• Get one xp every time...retake #1 xp slot in Lusternia due to being able to afk it.
  • Xenthos said:
    I feel like a report taking a step towards that end was submitted a bit ago...
    Yep. Now they just have to look through them.
  • Ranah said:
    It would be great if the shop directory listed the vnum of the shops when searching for things. 
    An alternative to this would be to enable within a city/commune the syntax Path Walk to Shop x
  • Be nice to have a way to see who someones relatives are without being in their family.
    Or maybe a way to see who's a member of a Great House?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: