Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Demartel said:
    The biggest problem with Glomdoring is the Wyrd. You wouldn't think that a forest that used to be so beautiful would have such a problem, but there it is. The Wyrd crosses our borders and then we have it amongst our own nation. So we are going to build a wall. We will build it on time, under budget and the Glomdoring will pay for it!
    You're just jealous you don't have the Wyrd, lets be real. 

;))

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Demartel said:
    The biggest problem with Glomdoring is the Wyrd. You wouldn't think that a forest that used to be so beautiful would have such a problem, but there it is. The Wyrd crosses our borders and then we have it amongst our own nation. So we are going to build a wall. We will build it on time, under budget and the Glomdoring will pay for it!

;))

It's funny you say that actually. As part of an Order task I had to look at things with a different Perspective, so wrote a short "essay" on what my Perspective would be if I was a member of Glomdoring and how the North would be trampled under the mighty foot of the Wyrd.

• Demartel said:
    Dylara said:
    Demartel said:

;))

It's funny you say that actually. As part of an Order task I had to look at things with a different Perspective, so wrote a short "essay" on what my Perspective would be if I was a member of Glomdoring and how the North would be trampled under the mighty foot of the Wyrd.

...what order is this. That's kinda awesome.
  • See? Jealous! Come to the Wyrd Demartel, we have cookies!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Thul said:

Demartel said:
    Dylara said:
    Demartel said:

;))

...what order is this. That's kinda awesome.

@Maylea. It was probably one of my more favourite of the 9 tasks.
  • Gwenelle said:
    Gaudi and Glom have to have the easiest power quests
    I think it is Glom and Celest. Nexus it
    With all the politics surrounding Ascension and the talks of the Faction rework, I was starting to feel like Gaudi was really improving its identity and headed in a positive direction. People could be silly and have fun without being ridiculous or crudely pointless. The city was finding its balance, and definitely not the same city I tried years ago that hosted a naked chicken chasing contest at the nexus.

BUT THEN

GAUDIGUCH NEWS #1176
    Date: 3/23/2016 at 18:50
    Subj: Fashion Show

Category 1: men's thongs Theme: the Candymans Confections

Siiiiigh
    You're overreacting. She has a lisp.
  • Talan said:
    The issue is that for this to work well, you really do need two fully developed cultures (some other orgs struggle with a cohesive one), and modes of access to the underbelly, and it's rather a lot of work.

Gaudi is small to begin with, and a portion of that population really does just want the surface... so while the desire to have this is there, the actual results are poor-mixed. I know the guild-overhaul team is looking hard at refining what we have into what we want.
    Secrets is a great concept. But the admin really needed to back it up with even more hard coded support. There's only so much they should expect a patron to pull off on their own. For instance having something like the membrain, or something like an org quest which gave everyone the telepathy crown but for a single game day, etc. Giving NPCs secret history they could tell to players (over time). All that sort of thing could help.
  • Rancoura said:
    Xenthos said:
    Falmiis said:
    So apparently going out of my way to retrieve a novice's corpse and looking for someone who can immolate them so they didn't have to take a larger exp hit for praying is a way to be a "jerkface"?
    When you said "Collect," I read it as "Take so we can make yet another spiked head out of it."  In this case, I apologize for assuming.  You've not given me much cause recently to think better of you, but I shall take this into account next time. :)

I thought he was looking for someone to grab it too, but gave him the benefit of the doubt and actually went to the Aetherplex, where he did give me Versalean's corpse to immolate. I also admit a pretty deep level of shock. Thanks though, Falmiis.
    It surprises me that this is surprising. I used to do it often. I don't tend to use market since most the time I can just rezz them myself.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I have seen other people do it, and no, it's not always unusual. It's surprising when Falmiis does it, and others that aren't known for the overly kind gestures towards our org.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Falmiis is a sweetheart
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    As a generic tweet: Sometimes people can seem to be sweet to their friends, while still attacking and killing completely unrelated non-combatant people who are doing nothing but hunting, alongside other not-so-sweet things.  How someone interacts with you is not fully indicative of personality.
  • Falmiis isn't a jerk...just has jerk skills.
  • Xenthos said:
    As a generic tweet: Sometimes people can seem to be sweet to their friends, while still attacking and killing completely unrelated non-combatant people who are doing nothing but hunting, alongside other not-so-sweet things.  How someone interacts with you is not fully indicative of personality.
    This is incredibly true. I'm friends with people who've went to prison for murder, but would give the shirt off of their back if I (or someone else they like) needed it.
    come2mag
  • Yeah, that's not the same.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited March 2016
    Zvoltz said:
    When I said "let's move on now", what I meant was "If you keep talking about this, I will warn you and delete your post." Sorry I wasn't clearer.

Enyalida said:
    You're not a jerk, you're just a loser, cool. 

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I don't think my gif is working. Screw you, phone.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • A lot of people are just really whiny, he's nice. I'm nice if you're not a total putz. 

I'll even quote a song describing these few pages

[Music stops, indecipherable sounds of people yelling and arguing, 
    Biggie breaks it up yelling "Yo chill, man, chill!"]

Can't we just all get along?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That is correct.  Your gif is not working.
  • edited March 2016
    Tynghall said:
    Xenthos said:
    This is incredibly true. I'm friends with people who've went to prison for murder, but would give the shirt off of their back if I (or someone else they like) needed it.

Talan said:
    Yeah, that's not the same.

Um, well, not exactly the same, but they are similar. The point was that people act differenty to/with different people. 
    Editted for clarity, my post got lost in the rapid post influx.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I was looking forward to it, too :(
  • Tylwyth said:
    Um, well, not exactly the same, but they are similar. The point was that people act differenty to/with different people. 
    ?
  • edited March 2016

Oh, I clarified above....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Some people just enjoy being contrary. ;)
    come2mag
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    so is there fighting now or what. forums are confusing.
  • edited March 2016
    Sylandra said:
    A long time ago a player had this as their Lusternia signature and I reread it every so often because, perspective. Pretendy Fun Time Games.
    pvp games always tend to get people a little bit testy...

But my favorite: 
    beep
  • edited March 2016
    Making projects this big. Every time I edit them the lag is so intense that I begin to think I just might have broken the game.
  • Lerad said:
    Man.

You guys can continue with the off-peak raids. But can you guys please stop with the off-peak (for me, not everyone's on-peak time is now, you know!?!) forums drama? There's stuff I want to say, but if I do that after an admin puts a stop to the conversation while I sleep, I'll get warned. =(
    Same!
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Hrm I want to design a new helm and plate, but I'm super ignorant about all the names for the different parts and how they fit together. Anyone have good reference designs they'd recommend to me, and maybe good references to get started?
This discussion has been closed.