Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @Drocilla = @Melissandre? Discuss.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Some of us live in the dark ages and never get to see anything until later!! No spoilers pleeeeeeease!!! 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I had to take a break for my feelings half-way through last season. Still haven't recovered enough to finish.  =((
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2016
    I really don't understand why people are trying to tell people how to play a game (a thing you do for relaxation and enjoyment), but I suspect they're motivated by wanting to get kills in a lopsided situation.

• Ieptix said:
    I've watched the episode and so am safe, but I swear to Odin I will bring down the ban hammer (ok, maybe Thor is more appropriate) if anyone starts throwing around spoilers.

Edit: (I'm unlikely to actually ban anyone, but please avoid spoilers unless they're in their own clearly and loudly marked thread).
    BRING ON THE SNOW.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    As much as I like a good fight, no one should feel obligated to suicide into every absolve that happens. This is a game, and people should be able to play however they find it fun. Dying over and over in a lopsided fight is not necessarily something people might feel like doing at a given moment. 

That said, absolve mechanics are absolutely ass. Seriously, sometimes I ain't got time for that.
    Malarious said:
    Wondering when staticfield will be changed away from a 98% success rate with a stun.  No envoy reports? No balance changes? Next step is issuing for bug.
    From what I can tell, aeromancers don't even have an active envoy and haven't for a good while. Unfortunately that's the situation for a lot of guilds at this time.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Maligorn said:
    I really don't understand why people are trying to tell people how to play a game (a thing you do for relaxation and enjoyment), but I suspect they're motivated by wanting to get kills in a lopsided situation.

The irony of this statement coming from one of the most notorious fair-weather fighters in the game is amusing. Sorry @Maligorn, I know you only want to fight when you're guaranteed a victory but some of us actually like good fights, hence calling people out when they only want to fight when things are one-sided in their favor. Some of my favorite fights are ones we actually lost. The other portion of my favorite fights are ones we won when we should have rightfully lost. You have people in the North being chastised for trying by people doing nothing. That's a terrible attitude.

I agree, no one should feel obligated to suicide into fights. But this mentality that you're only going to fight when things favour you is something people need to get over. You can't win if you don't try and you don't learn much when you steamroll to victory. You need to put yourself in tough situations to get better, learn and actually improve. Refusing to do so only leads to further feelings of unfairness, complaining, etc. There are people in the North that do try and do put the effort in. They just need to keep on chugging and overshadow the naysayers and eventually encourage the rest of the populace to join in with them. Those are the people who should be listened to.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    And also need to be not made fun of / made to feel they are terrible people for trying. We need more of that, not less!
  • edited April 2016
    Maligorn said:

Protip: We get kills in most situations. (it's because we try)
  • Trying =/= getting kills
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Trying = learning = improving = getting kills
  • Yarith's trying. Please don't question if Yarith's trying.

He's probably the lone source of encouragement North side during the South's power hours. You'll be awfully lonely if he says "screw it."
  • edited April 2016
    I didn't question Yarith about anything, or imply in any way he isn't trying.

I didn't even mention Yarith. I responded to Maligorn saying we just want to add easy kills to our list.

One thing you could try is switching sides. You'll be in the position to help orgs that need more active fighters and you'll evidently feel more satisfied with the opposition you'll be facing.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Thul said:
    Yarith's trying. Please don't question if Yarith's trying.

He's probably the lone source of encouragement North side during the South's power hours. You'll be awfully lonely if he says "screw it."

Is this conversation not entirely these people supporting someone who tries against someone on his own side trying to discourage him? That is how it reads to me, at least. I am not seeing anyone saying Yarith is not giving it a shot, they were instead pointing at the people who refused to support him.

PS: Sidd has indeed tried changing sides. He ran into the same wall that these others are talking about here; pretending it does not exist is clearly not working.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Domoth Status, Politics, Flares - they all disagree that we need to change sides. The south isn't dominating in the way it's being portrayed that we are dominating.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited April 2016
    If they want to fund my move and artifact replacement, sure.

The meta is expensive :(
    I thought Sidd left because he missed playing with the people he's made a connection with over the years, which is a pretty legit reason. Wasn't aware it was also because of running into a wall. I figured if it wasn't just him, but one or two other people, maybe it could potentially still be fun for everyone. Anyway, it was just an absent minded suggestion
  • I'd consider Halli if it didn't mean cutting myself off from the people I've played with for so long. And if they let me play a Borg. I think they have some cool players. Yarith, Shedrin, Falmiis, etc. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If you have to have "big" names to join your side before you're willing to give a damn, you're not worth joining.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • That's really not what people are saying. People are saying that they find it discouraging to go up against those same big names all the time and like things are very static and that things need to be changed up a bit to make things somewhat more even. Not that 'I don't care unless x joins my side'. 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • If they want to fund my move and artifact replacement, sure.

The meta is expensive :(
    I'd really like to classflex and make alts in all sorts of guilds, but it's generally too expensive for me. That's basically the reason I've been Researcher for so long. It's a shame because there's a ton of cool skills I wish I could play with.
  • edited April 2016
    It gets especially expensive when all your artifacts are invested in a particular build. For me, it's fire damage + ego bulking. Curios, level 3 regen, level 3 buffs etc. Replacing those (on top of skills) to get more value out of other skills (lightning in aero, for example) adds up to thousands in credits. 

The nature of IRE MUDs though, and something I don't take issue with. Just wish it was easier to move this stuff around without it costing me an arm and a leg.

I guess I don't really get the "big name" apprehension. The ceiling in regards to artifact investment isn't really that much higher than the floor. 9% difference in damage not that significant. Speaking from experience, and from a time when I was a PKer without artifacts when artifacts were arguably more influential, artifacts don't make the PKer. 

I like to think it comes down to the player. The "big names" are ultimately players with a lot of practice. The players with the most kills also tend to be the players with the most deaths, and it's not by coincidence. If you participate more, you kill and die more, which ultimately amounts to becoming a better PKer. Not to wax poetic about the days of yore, but the "big names" didn't start off as "big names." They started as nobodies. My big meld bombs are predated by me dying over and over to Fillin's big meld bombs. I got my ass kicked by Narsrim in the trees above the Ethereal Master Ravenwood. I got murdered in kill rooms by Talkan. Shuyin and Viynain used to beast web/pinleg me into oblivion. 

So when people discuss the involvement of "big names," I would just like to remind them that they are "big names" because they get involved. They didn't inherit anything.

And the big names are just as fallible as anyone. See Sidd dying to Shedrin in a 2v1. Twice. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Or just be like me, say Eff it, and go run to a different org. Mostly cause I enjoy a challenge, and learning new classes.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yarith said:
    Not Trying = Not getting kills

FTFY
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Or just be like me, say Eff it, and go run to a different org. Mostly cause I enjoy a challenge, and learning new classes.
    Or get hammered and log on. Worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.