The "other side doesn't play how I want them to" thread

Comments

• Lie: Cyndarin won't engage in any fight without Synkarin and where she can cubix out.
    Truth: Cyndarin was in a 3v9 on Dramube a week or two ago without a cubix or Synkarin.

Lie: Cyndarin never fights in full discretionaries, I always see her run.
    Truth: Cyndarin was in a full discretionary fight last week (5/19 to be exact). And the week before.

Lie: Cyndarin will just run, but I fight. That's why we're different.
    Truth: Cyndarin died in the middle of the temple nowhere near the exit after attacking both Thul and Asmodea.

Should I go on? Would you like to talk about your lies yet or can we just agree we should stop lying?

If you are going to use my words, use them A: properly and B: completely. Otherwise the only dishonesty here is your own portyral.

What was really said:

"Actually I am almost positive that if it was not for @Synkarin (Who I actually respect even if we disagree on this subject) you would not get into much of anything that you could not cubix out of, but you keep patting yourself on the back. Someone has to."

Let me bold the relevant part for you in your own portrayal.

"Lie: Cyndarin never fights in full discretionaries, I always see her run."

I have already stated , which should be so blatantly obvious, that I cannot speak for events I am not present for.

As for the last, facts speak for themselves. You got pinned down and could not run, not because you were not running.
  • edited May 2016
    Maligorn said:

I am honest though and I'll tell you about anything I do.
    Okay. So let's talk about the newbie you griefed on Prime because we were absolving you while you were around. What did you think that would accomplish? Was there some kind of endgame besides being a toxic player? Do you really expect anyone to engage you fairly when you behave that way?
    Lol "griefed." Because I kill people and your lowbie was on the road? I killed some guy north of the Moonhart the other day after he vined me. You'll have to forgive me, I'm a very old player, and I was attacked all the time as a lowbie. It's just part of the game to me.

Do you expect people to engage you after you try to out people on public aethers? Seems like you do, and that's just a spiteful personal attack. People dying is just part of the game, I'm not out to personally harm people. Should think about it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2016
    Nice deflection. Still haven't really explained "why" you did it, probably because your reasoning is completely baseless.

Or if your reasoning is "because it's just a part of the game to me", then you should be fully in tune with domoth mechanics as they are because they too are "just part of the game".

• Is it more important to be right or is it alright to have a conversation where you might be wrong? @Everyone, even me.

This thread was okay a few pages ago. At least it's not overwhelming Tweets.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Demartel said:
    Aslo I cannot speak for events I am not present for, but hey, keep on rolling with it.
    You can't, which is why you should stop lying and not talk about it! I switched to Pyrochem at the arch and even put up defs while sitting there. Dunno when she popped out, but like I said, no one popped up on WHO and CLAIRSENTIENCE was static so I bailed.

I mean, do you want me to admit that I'll hit and run if the odds are too harsh? I've admitted that a few times in the past, but if it makes you stop complaining I'll do it again. I will run if I'm alone and there are too many of you. Especially if I can't meld. Again, I'm not a liar, I will not lie about my or other's behavior to make a case. If you want to know something, you literally just have to ask. :)

Woah... woah.. woah.. back the horse up.

Did you just say that you will run and avoid fighting if the odds are against you??

I mean you are the one posting constantly about how the North sucks because they won't fight cause they think the odds are against them.

I just want to make sure I have your words right here and that you are using an excuse that we are not allowed to also use.
  • edited May 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Nice deflection. Still haven't really explained "why" you did it, probably because your reasoning is completely baseless.
    "Because I kill people"

It's not a deflection just because your hypocrisy about toxicity makes you uncomfortable. I specifically said why I did it. Kid was on the road. Same reason I kill people in Faethorn. They are there. Same justification I've used for emurder for a decade.

So...why didn't you come kill us up in the domoth hub? We were there, too.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Maligorn said:
    So...why didn't you come kill us up in the domoth hub? We were there, too.

This is hilarious. You are complaining about double standards, and using a double standard example as justification for your complaint. When have you ever fought in 5v8-10 odds? That time where you popped in Etherseren with a bunch of smaller seren people against the 4 of us raiding and immediately left only to come back when Yarith, Falmiis and Asmodea joined the group sitting at the nexus? Remember trash talking me about dying easy because you managed to tumble out of our 4v9-10 fight and then telling me I died easy against that group? You literally have no room to talk when it comes to deciding if a fight is worthwhile or not. You cannot sit here and admonish Celina for not wanting to fight in odds you won't fight in.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • IJS I've been on both sides and both sides do the same "there's too many people out there for this domoth". There's nothing wrong with that, and people trying to pretend it's a problem because the other side kicks your ass when you can't handle it is what is ridiculous here.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited May 2016
    Demartel said:
    Demartel said:
    Aslo I cannot speak for events I am not present for, but hey, keep on rolling with it.
    You can't, which is why you should stop lying and not talk about it! I switched to Pyrochem at the arch and even put up defs while sitting there. Dunno when she popped out, but like I said, no one popped up on WHO and CLAIRSENTIENCE was static so I bailed.

I mean, do you want me to admit that I'll hit and run if the odds are too harsh? I've admitted that a few times in the past, but if it makes you stop complaining I'll do it again. I will run if I'm alone and there are too many of you. Especially if I can't meld. Again, I'm not a liar, I will not lie about my or other's behavior to make a case. If you want to know something, you literally just have to ask. :)

Did you just say that you will run and avoid fighting if the odds are against you??

I mean you are the one posting constantly about how the North sucks because they won't fight cause they think the odds are against them.

I just want to make sure I have your words right here and that you are using an excuse that we are not allowed to also use.
    Will I? Yes. When in the past like 5 years have I said otherwise? I know you got really excited about this and jumped at the chance to score an internet point here, but take a step back and actually consider the conversation.

Not jumping in a 1v9 isn't the same as absolving 8 times (except that one time, I know. I know.) when there's no one around. You're not stupid, you know there's a difference. I mean, there's a lot of nuance that you're ignoring, but even on a basic level, this is not similar.

Actually, you're the one who mentioned that I die easily first. I was teasing you thereafter because...I didn't.

You're misunderstanding the point I'm trying to make, which is this: the south is not a shining paragon of always trying and everyone should follow their example. The north might not engage in your lopsided fights, but we don't go spitefully kill a newbie to make ourselves feel better. The south doesn't get to claim they're always in the right when there is evidence that they have avoided conflict also.

• Oh, and about the whole Absolve and Cyndarin not coming up. I don't even know what this claim so Gaudiguch could not come up is referring to. We absolved, I didn't know a claim could be made at the same time. What I do know is that we absolved, there was people to contest the absolve they did not show up, they chose to kill lowbies on Alabaster road, and then they went up and upgraded as soon as we finished the absolve.

If there is a mechanic to game who can enter the Domoth realms, I am not aware of it.

I am also using the term "they" because it seems that what one member of a side does all members of a side are involved.
  • Demartel said:
    Demartel said:

Will I? Yes. When in the past like 5 years have I said otherwise? I know you got really excited about this and jumped at the chance to score an internet point here, but take a step back and actually consider the conversation.

Not jumping in a 1v9 isn't the same as absolving 8 times (except that one time, I know. I know.) when there's no one around. You're not stupid, you know there's a difference. I mean, there's a lot of nuance that you're ignoring, but even on a basic level, this is not similar.

I am well aware there is a difference in 1vs 9 or 8vs12. What my point was making is that if you feel the odds are against you and that is justification to not fight, then it is also justification for anyone else to feel the odds are against them and not fight.

Do we avoid fights we shouldn't, probably. Does that mean we don't have the choice to decide, no it does not. Just as you can run to avoid odds against you we can just not get involved in odds that we think are against us. We can both be right. What it does not give us is the right to "shame" those people who use the same justification. If it is good for you it is good for me.
  • Oh, and all it takes is 1 person to decide the odds are against them and anyone with doubts unvoiced will follow suit. It is called herd mentality.
    edited May 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Actually, you're the one who mentioned that I die easily first. I was teasing you thereafter because...I didn't.

You're misunderstanding the point I'm trying to make, which is this: the south is not a shining paragon of always trying and everyone should follow their example. The north might not engage in your lopsided fights, but we don't go spitefully kill a newbie to make ourselves feel better. The south doesn't get to claim they're always in the right when there is evidence that they have avoided conflict also.

I said what I said in a tell to you, after you asked me why you were targetted first. You made your 'tease' in a say, where the whole room could hear it when 9 of you were killing me, by myself. I directly responded to a question you asked me, you offered up your 'tease' without me prompting anything. Sure, 'tease' away, it's totally classy.

I'm not missing your point. I know exactly why you are trying to make said point. I'm saying that your 'point' isn't a point because it in itself is a double standard. We've never once said that you needed to fight in a situation where we have all the numbers and you don't. I'm not actually sure where that argument is coming from. The only things called out are 1) situations where you were raiding/defending moments earlier and just let an absolve go and 2) the fact that most absolves occur when there are no defenders. You try to justify something that is factually correct (Aeden is avoiding conflict by absolving when no one is around, consistently, even though he's around when we are and could absolve with fairly even numbers) by pointing out one example of an absolve that you wouldn't bother trying in yourself were the situations reversed. That's a double standard and hypocrisy.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Also, going to point out that whether an absolve starts when there is nobody around or not, I am going to join it. Not because I am thinking "oh hell yeah, avoiding conflict", but because my side needs assistance and IC that is what I do. So, I will stand there bored while someone absolves to help my "alliance" Which from talking to a few people I think is the general mindset. We know OOC that certain people absolve to avoid a fight, but OC we still need to help our "team".
    Synkarin said:

. We've never once said that you needed to fight in a situation where we have all the numbers and you don't.
    I'm pretty sure that the South has been implying (if not overtly saying) that we should be doing this, over and over again. I don't -think- I'm pulling this out of thin air; the sentiment is felt throughout your collective postings. That is why I am throwing it back in your face.

• edited May 2016
    Demartel said:
    Demartel said:
    Demartel said:

I am well aware there is a difference in 1vs 9 or 8vs12. What my point was making is that if you feel the odds are against you and that is justification to not fight, then it is also justification for anyone else to feel the odds are against them and not fight.

Do we avoid fights we shouldn't, probably. Does that mean we don't have the choice to decide, no it does not. Just as you can run to avoid odds against you we can just not get involved in odds that we think are against us. We can both be right. What it does not give us is the right to "shame" those people who use the same justification. If it is good for you it is good for me.
    I've actually never disagreed with you on this. I don't encourage you guys to suicide dive just to sate my pk desires and feed my kills list, despite Maligorn liking to bring that up. I think if you go back and read everything I've said on the subject, while I am critical on this whole domoth business, I'm not equating that to picking your battles intelligently. It's picking to not fight at all. 

If I'm upgrading and I have 10 and you have 2, you won't find a quote on the forums of me telling you that you suck. Do I think you guys should stop taking dying so harshly and take risks? Sure, but that's a nuanced conversation, and I don't argue this with you because you've made posts that make it clear you and I agree on that. That doesn't mean go kamikaze just to say you did. We all pick our battles sometimes, I've never said I will ALWAYS FIGHT YOU ANY SECOND OF THE DAY BRING ALL YOUR FRIENDS. I'm going to run, please don't. There is a middle ground between picking your battles wisely and using a mechanic to avoid battles entirely. 

If I haven't been clear on that, I'm sorry. 

• I don't like how my side plays. On both sides.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited May 2016
    This is a game. You don't need to help your team at all. You can want to help them.

If you have enabled or helped someone that consistently raids, or absolves at the same time every night to avoid conflict, you are the problem as much as the other person.

I personally don't help cowards.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Demartel said:
    Oh, and about the whole Absolve and Cyndarin not coming up. I don't even know what this claim so Gaudiguch could not come up is referring to. We absolved, I didn't know a claim could be made at the same time. What I do know is that we absolved, there was people to contest the absolve they did not show up, they chose to kill lowbies on Alabaster road, and then they went up and upgraded as soon as we finished the absolve.

If there is a mechanic to game who can enter the Domoth realms, I am not aware of it.

I am also using the term "they" because it seems that what one member of a side does all members of a side are involved.
    What they're talking about was this:
    A domoth (Death, I believe) was about to go free.
    Instead of challenging it, the North upgraded one of their own-- opposed to a Domoth Celina was holding.  When upgrading an opposed Domoth, the opposing side cannot enter the Domoth realms.
    On stage 3, a few of us (myself and Shango, iirc) went up to claim the free Domoth.  We got kicked out, Gaudiguch could not join in.  We then watched the Domoth points stop accruing when Stage 3 was almost done, as more and more North-folk went up, knowing that a chunk of us were locked out from participation.  Then, immediately when Stage 3 was finished, the Absolve started.

No, absolves and claims cannot be done at the same time, but you can (and in this case, your side did) use a claim to lock people out / take control of the area.
    edited May 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Synkarin said:

. We've never once said that you needed to fight in a situation where we have all the numbers and you don't.
    I'm pretty sure that the South has been implying (if not overtly saying) that we should be doing this, over and over again. I don't -think- I'm pulling this out of thin air; the sentiment is felt throughout your collective postings. That is why I am throwing it back in your face.

No, no we haven't. That's your own personal issue if that's what you take from this. In fact, when Yarith was suiciding, I told him to stop and he didn't need to prove a point. Believe it or not, it's not fun to steamroll people easily. It's boring. It's not hard, and it's not impressive. 

Winning close fights, or underhanded fights are the fights I enjoy.

Edit: Were you impressed with yourself for killing me with 9 people? Was it really that hard?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Do people realize that we are not enemies OOC?

• Yeah no. We've never said or implied to just fight us all the time at any moment no matter the odds. 

I don't know how we arrived there, but we didn't mean that.
    Obviously not.

That's just what I read from posts like "oh we go 3v9 all the time, when have you guys ever done that?"

• Silvanus said:
    This is a game. You don't need to help your team at all. You can want to help them.

If you have enabled or helped someone that consistently raids, or absolves at the same time every night to avoid conflict, you are the problem as much as the other person.

Except, that I never said that I have a problem with them doing it.  I know why they do it and that they do it and I do not do it, I have pointed out my time frames and I will do things in those time frames, but everyone gets to play their way. I also think raids and absolves are vastly different ideals. I will not help someone I feel is consistently raiding to be a jerk as I disagree with that on a personal level. I will help with Domoths because I don't agree with the sentiment that everyone must Absolve when a fight can happen.

If my previous comment implied otherwise, then I apologise.
  • edited May 2016
    We do. We even won. We're telling you to take risks and stop taking dying so seriously. We've literally said this is how you learn things. That's not the same as come at be bro 24/7 no matter what. There's some important nuance there.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk

Demartel said:
    Silvanus said:

Except, that I never said that I have a problem with them doing it.  I know why they do it and that they do it and I do not do it, I have pointed out my time frames and I will do things in those time frames, but everyone gets to play their way. I also think raids and absolves are vastly different ideals. I will not help someone I feel is consistently raiding to be a jerk as I disagree with that on a personal level. I will help with Domoths because I don't agree with the sentiment that everyone must Absolve when a fight can happen.

If my previous comment implied otherwise, then I apologise.
    And here is the crux of the problem:

You do not have a problem with it. No one on your side has a problem with it, because you people have enabled this behavior for so long. The rest of us, have a problem with, have asked for change, and only are meant with complaints, arguing over semantics and saying your side does it too (except we don't).

This isn't about numbers. This isn't about expecting you to seek out fights when you are greatly outnumbered. It's to have some common courtesy for the other side, to respect those in your community instead of being pompous shitbags.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • edited May 2016
    Again, I don't have an issue with the way Absolve times work. In fact, if there was a change that pigeonholed domoths into a specific time frame I would just not  Domoth. If some people want to Absolve to avoid a fight, that is their right. You can not like it, but there is no rule that states "you must fight". Do I find it boring, hell yes. I have no issue with being killed, I think I have proven that more than enough. Some days I would rather not be killed over and over and just don't throw myself into it as hardcore as others, again that's my right to do.

I have an issue with where Absolves work. I also think a portal should open outside the Portal of Fate that sends you to a random room on the bubble for all domoth excercises so there is no "how do we get there? oh we can't even get there... guess we lost this one" Make it so all sides can get there but the "where" is a random room so you can't guard the exit. People can regroup, get back, fighting can be made much easier to get back into.

You can enter as a group without being split up, but the room will still be random.

Actually instead of the Portal of fate, the Portal could be in the Prime room for that Domoth. You can still use all your fancy ways to get there, but people could just run to the portal and get back to the fighting.
  • Just as an aside to @Cyndarin there is only one person I have met in the game that I don't like. That person is not you. Just because I disagree with your justifications and deciding what goes on in the minds of myself and others does not mean I don't like you. You have actually given me valuable information in the past.